Conker: Live & Reloaded Xbox

8.3

1. Aug 5, 2016
    My only problems are the story and the game doesn't feel like a real conker sequel! This game is very fun and entertaining but strange. Rareware finally got us back...but not for long.
  2. Apr 9, 2016
    Sinceramente, esperaba algo mejor, desde que anunciaron su salida me puse muy contento (A pesar de que era un Remake) pero cuando gaste lo que quedaba de mis ahorros, me llego la gran decepción, el juego tenia muchísimas censuras lo que vuelve aburrido el juego, y que hallan removido el modo multijugador que solía divertirme mucho con mi hermano. no recomiendo mucho el juego.
  3. Dec 9, 2012
    (This is a post review past the time XBL has expired, so I will leave that out and rate it based on how much you can pick this game up for, I also have not completed the game as the disc will not let me continue the game, (more on that later))

I played a few levels of the N64 game, Conker's Bad Fur Day, I bought the game because I got it for a good price considering how much it went for on Ebay (around 60 USD) I picked it for about 50 and it was good, really enjoyable in some areas but I could see some age in it.

Conker: Live & Reloaded still has some of that lingering "age" in it, certain parts of the game may require a quick look at a walkthrough online as it might not be clear what to do at some parts or where to go for certain objectives. The gameplay is pretty good, and the humor is great, The main thing about this at the time of release was the Multiplayer (and by the way, there is no original multiplayer from the n64 game if you were interested) but the singleplayer included a whole new chapter that featured Normandy style battles mixed with sci fi. There are some huge complaints about the controls, let me explain: you use a melee weapon for most of a game, now rather then just pressing a button to swing, you instead need to pull it out and go into a mode where you strafe, let's call it "Strafe Mode", when your in this strafe mode you use the trigger to attack and you attack more frequently then you could in the original game, you also can't turn around, you are locked into a strafing mode. There are also more enemies this time around, so it can work to some extent, but I hear later on you get a gun so it might change, also when I tried offline live and reloaded, you know what button jumps? Clicking the stick... Enough said. But the part I really didn't like, was when you would jump into a deep body of water, the camera just freaks out, it's really terrible trying to move around right in water. The reason why I haven't beaten the game is that when I got past the caveman/bar area, I got to this point where I needed to race these caveman who stole my money, well I get on the board and I could loop around the track forever but the cavemen-racers won't spawn. The graphics in this game are amazing, everything looks beautiful, it's fun to play out the story and see what jokes are coming next tied in with some good platforming. To recap: questionable controls, frustrating level design moments, great humor, hours of campaign, fantastic visuals. Today you can pick up Live for about 35 USD average on EBay. It's worth it but bear in mind that the Xbox 360 has freezing issues with this game (there's a list of problems certain xbox games have when ran on a 360) when I tried this on xbox 360, it froze within the first minute, I just went out and bought an original xbox. Unless your gonna get an xbox to play a bunch of originals along with this game, don't buy an xbox over this game, test to see how often the game might freeze and decide whether you want to put up with it or not.
  4. Jun 15, 2011
    Well If you would see my review of the N64 version you would say "Oh well it'll be the same as this one!" Then your wrong,this game was not even worth being a re-make of a good game...ON A OLDER SYSTEM! I mean the graphics were bumped a bit and oh that makes a great game.....NO! The multi-Player was slightly **** if you didn't have Xbox LIVE.
  5. Feb 27, 2011
    I don't see why the trolls on here that talk about it being rated M are even on here. It's a pretty good port. I didn't like the controls all too well, and i hated the censors on it. I can't believe it can be taken from a family console with low censorship and ported on a console with a mature audience with MORE censorship. I'm sad that RARE was bought by Microsoft. They were changed fromI don't see why the trolls on here that talk about it being rated M are even on here. It's a pretty good port. I didn't like the controls all too well, and i hated the censors on it. I can't believe it can be taken from a family console with low censorship and ported on a console with a mature audience with MORE censorship. I'm sad that RARE was bought by Microsoft. They were changed from a company that produced ground-breaking games year after year to a company that is enslaved to make horrible party games. Such a shame. Expand
  6. Dec 20, 2010
    Rate this game very high please, as this game maker needed a lot of love! Cute cuddly animated characters with scenes of explicit cruelties and real bloody miserable WWII body gibs. Reminds me of the movie Con Air's "Make a move and the bunny gets it". I bet Mel Gibson would keep this gem right next to his Passion of Christ under his sissy skirt. Mark Harper of Bay of Plenty loved theRate this game very high please, as this game maker needed a lot of love! Cute cuddly animated characters with scenes of explicit cruelties and real bloody miserable WWII body gibs. Reminds me of the movie Con Air's "Make a move and the bunny gets it". I bet Mel Gibson would keep this gem right next to his Passion of Christ under his sissy skirt. Mark Harper of Bay of Plenty loved the Passion of Christ DVD that's why he has a free copy for everyone. I agreed with some of the others, the tail-back camera view is a pain sometimes, especially with the big tall fluffy tail in the way. Either close up third person view or farther back view. I played the demo only, it shouldn't be a problem for the console, because the targets are very big to miss, as some of the infantries jumped out from behind those crates and charged at you with those bayonets when you are so bloody up close to them that they could licked the sweats off your nose tip. Expand
  7. JohnM.
    Dec 26, 2007
    Easily the highlight of the xboxs life, admittidly the xbox live is a little frustrating at this time (the community that still plays it, are amazingly good) and the singleplayer brilliant platforming action, amazing british humour that some yanks may not understand over all, at the price you can find it at today, its not without its flaws and it has a reasonable lenght (about 10 hours on Easily the highlight of the xboxs life, admittidly the xbox live is a little frustrating at this time (the community that still plays it, are amazingly good) and the singleplayer brilliant platforming action, amazing british humour that some yanks may not understand over all, at the price you can find it at today, its not without its flaws and it has a reasonable lenght (about 10 hours on the first playthrough if you dont cheat and 6 when you know it all off by heart) easily replayable, ignore the lower end reviews, theyre just not used to britcom and good platforming games, they dont know what theyre talking about, i player maerio 64 me ;) just buy good ol' conker in a bargain bin, he's well worth the price. Expand
  8. WilliamT.
    Nov 24, 2007
    A good game. Regenerates an old school platformer with new graphics, and a frantic, fast and fun multiplayer mode. Not brilliant, but fun.
  9. PigS.
    Nov 7, 2007
    Really a awsome game. I LOVE the detail and work that went into the characters and story. when i finished i felt like i had really been through some real stuff. At the end i felt very sad. its amazing that a game as silly like that can get so serious so quick. When conker was sad at the end cause he was king and giving that speach i thought of all the crap i had been through and reallized Really a awsome game. I LOVE the detail and work that went into the characters and story. when i finished i felt like i had really been through some real stuff. At the end i felt very sad. its amazing that a game as silly like that can get so serious so quick. When conker was sad at the end cause he was king and giving that speach i thought of all the crap i had been through and reallized that its a really powerful game. Kills everything but hl2 and fable. Expand
  10. JamesR.
    Sep 7, 2007
    Poor controls, weak platforming gameplay, and a bad camera ruin this attempt at a "mature" platformer. It was the same way back then to. You'd think they'd fix it... but no. I have no idea how this game consistently gets good reviews. Maybe it simply did due to word of mouth that it was good, so people who haven't truly played through the whole game just slap on a 9 or 10 Poor controls, weak platforming gameplay, and a bad camera ruin this attempt at a "mature" platformer. It was the same way back then to. You'd think they'd fix it... but no. I have no idea how this game consistently gets good reviews. Maybe it simply did due to word of mouth that it was good, so people who haven't truly played through the whole game just slap on a 9 or 10 rating and join the mindless crowd. If you enjoy this game more power to you, but honestly for anyone looking for an honest review needs to look at the 5's and 6's given out. Expand
  11. MichaelK.
    Oct 2, 2006
    See if your like me... and you weren't old enuff to ever experience BFD on the N64 then u will absolutly love this game. Heck even played the original the multiplayer is fantastic. Over all a fantastic game.
  12. Rick
    Mar 2, 2006
    I must say Eurogamer and GamesTm reviewers have their head up their ***! If you've played this game then you'd understand the reference. I say that as ive seen a number of their posts and they trash everything as if they are some sort of elitist.It doesnt make me think woaah they are a tough crew, rather a tossing crew. Now to the game. The humour is outstanding, the story I must say Eurogamer and GamesTm reviewers have their head up their ***! If you've played this game then you'd understand the reference. I say that as ive seen a number of their posts and they trash everything as if they are some sort of elitist.It doesnt make me think woaah they are a tough crew, rather a tossing crew. Now to the game. The humour is outstanding, the story engrossing, the puzzle elements nicely done and the best thing is the game shifts into another gear halfway through with the aquisition of guns!! Poor little Conker didnt ask for all this he was just having a bad day. Don't miss this game, don't baulk at the challenges. If ya get stuck search online for a walkthru or use ya noggin. One heck of an adventure which is surely lacking on the Xbox. I will play this again in a couple of years so the old memory doesnt hamper what is a refreshing, funny, interesting, and extremely well thought out game. A must own game. Expand
  13. PeterC.
    Sep 28, 2005
    If you already played this on N64, there's not much reason to pick this up. The graphics have been bumped up a bit, but nothing mindblowing. The are very slight changes within the single player mode, but the only way I noticed them was because the game makes a point of telling you (I'm assuming because not many people would notice on their own). Now onto multiplayer, control is If you already played this on N64, there's not much reason to pick this up. The graphics have been bumped up a bit, but nothing mindblowing. The are very slight changes within the single player mode, but the only way I noticed them was because the game makes a point of telling you (I'm assuming because not many people would notice on their own). Now onto multiplayer, control is somewhat clunky and you'll find yourself frustrated by being bounced around uncontrollably after getting hit, this can be taken advantage of by pilots who realize this and wait until just before you come to and repeat the process until you've kicked the bucket. In other words, unless one of your teamates comes to the rescue or you're being attacked by a pilot who doesn't know better, one hit will seal your fate. Still, it is neat gaining points to unlock new avatars. More games should have features like that. However, in an attempt to get everyone and their mother on X-Box Live, Microsoft and Rare have made this game only 1 player per system in system link (Lan). Note to Microsoft, I have X-Box Live, I prefer to play games with my friends, in the same house. Give me my 4 player split-screen Lan! I do not have 16 tvs, 16 X-Boxes and 16 copies of the game at my house, and even if I did I'm sure I would blow the fuses! Conclusion: This game was delayed for over a year, I'm not sure what Rare did during all that time, but it definitely wasn't making improvements to this game. If you've never played the first one, the single player might be worth it to you, some good laughs await inside. But, if you have, pass on it, or rent if you're really curious. Expand
  14. J.C.
    Sep 7, 2005
    I played this game for two days, it left me speechless, but not in a good day. I could not describe my thoughts about this game. If their was ever game you would want to sink in the Atlantic Ocean, never to be seen again, this is it!
  15. MatU.
    Aug 15, 2005
    James P. you named all the best parts of the game and said they sucked and for up 2 ten this scale should soar way over 100 because it improved Bad Fur Day in every place it needed improving upon and then some. This is one game I will nevr sell or trade and everyone else should have the same oppinion. tediz rule.
  16. BinaryStar
    Jul 23, 2005
    The sloppy controls and camera angles make this the most annoying game I've played in a while. It would be very fun if it were properly play-tested. Another issue is that I feel I'm mostly through the game and I have absolutely no idea what the story is about.
  17. TrentM.
    Jul 5, 2005
    Best online game to date, loads of excitement, good to know theres some different out there then Halo.
  18. AustinR.
    Jul 3, 2005
    Ive loved Conker since BFD,but the camera angles did suck.The graphics were extremly better than on the 64,but on the new part of the game with the new levels of old and future war Conker doesnt appear at all!!!They replaced a great and fun multyplayers with a horrible Co-op and versus.But overall i loved the new BFD and i am a huge conker fan so i give it a 8 out of 10!!!!!
  19. JamesP.
    Jul 2, 2005
    This game is horrible. not just in the way that it stinks but it is just bad in the way because of all the cussing and the drug and alcohol refrences. this is just a filthy game. BOOO!
  20. TylerT.
    Jun 28, 2005
    An awesome game, it improves over Conker's Bad Fur Day in every way.
  21. BenW.
    Jun 27, 2005
    Take a solid N64 game, screw up the controls, replace great multiplayer with rather terrible multiplayer, and inexplicably censor the single player game even more than the original and you have a poor effort on Rare's part. This concludes their trilogy of failure on the Xbox and proof that they haven't done anything good since Microsoft bought them. The big joke about Conker was Take a solid N64 game, screw up the controls, replace great multiplayer with rather terrible multiplayer, and inexplicably censor the single player game even more than the original and you have a poor effort on Rare's part. This concludes their trilogy of failure on the Xbox and proof that they haven't done anything good since Microsoft bought them. The big joke about Conker was that it appeared to be a cutesy platformer like everything else on the N64 but turned out to be a foul-mouthed game for adults. It just doesn't have the same effect 5 years later on the Xbox, and their censoring of it just makes it worse. Collapse
  22. KarlM.
    Jun 26, 2005
    Not a patch on the original, which itself was overrated.
  23. JeffS.
    Jun 25, 2005
    Abysmal. This game couldn't even be ported correctly. If you want to spend your playing time struggling with the camera controls and trying to judge depth perception in a game with unrealistic shadows, then this game is for you. However, if you want to play a great juvenile/mature game featuring a foul mouthed squirrel and a whole cast of funny cartoon characters, then dust off your Abysmal. This game couldn't even be ported correctly. If you want to spend your playing time struggling with the camera controls and trying to judge depth perception in a game with unrealistic shadows, then this game is for you. However, if you want to play a great juvenile/mature game featuring a foul mouthed squirrel and a whole cast of funny cartoon characters, then dust off your N64 and give your local used games store a visit for the original Conker's Bad Fur Day. If you played the original, you WILL be disappointed. Expand
    Jun 25, 2005
    Overrated. Annoying controls, boring levels, but at least it's over quickly. Also, the shooting bits take no skills whatsoever, since you can shoot someone in the face, and still need as many shots to kill him as if you shot him in the foot.
  25. WillS.
    Jun 23, 2005
    Underrated, a very fresh game to those who havnt experienced furday. this game lives up to the hype.
  26. BlueFalcon
    Jun 22, 2005
    This is the 1st good Rare game of this console generation. It's about freaking time. My only real complaints are with the multiplayer and loading. They really should have included 4 player split screen like the original had. And there's a lot of watching of load screens (fortunately they're usually short). Overall it's a great game.
  27. AdamR.
    Jun 21, 2005
    This is one of the best games i have ever played for xbox.
  28. KyleM.
    Jun 19, 2005
    I got an early copy from my friend who works at Gamestop, this game is tight, bloody, hilarous, and naughty, both online and off.
  29. JuanPabloPerezT.
    Jun 18, 2005
    Fantastic game. The magic of RARE productions finally in the Xbox console.
  30. FPSMaster
    Jun 18, 2005
    Ok IGN. So Conker's SP is a 9.0 while it's MP is a 7.0, so it gets an 8.1? Well, how about explaining to me how Halo 2 got a 9.6 when it's SP is a 7.0 at best and the MP is maybe a 9.5 at best? It's the same thing, jus with the scores inverted yet you give the overrated game a higher score than the better game. Unreliable, uncredible and unrealistic is IGN. Why Ok IGN. So Conker's SP is a 9.0 while it's MP is a 7.0, so it gets an 8.1? Well, how about explaining to me how Halo 2 got a 9.6 when it's SP is a 7.0 at best and the MP is maybe a 9.5 at best? It's the same thing, jus with the scores inverted yet you give the overrated game a higher score than the better game. Unreliable, uncredible and unrealistic is IGN. Why don't you just come out and say you don't like Xbox games? But, at the same time, you give overrated games like GTASA on PS2 a 9.9, but when the better version comes to Xbox, it get's a 9.6. How about GT4 getting the same score as Forza when Forza is easily the better all-around choice. Or, DMC3 and God of War using Ninja Gaiden as a stool and them getting better reviews, when they still don't touch Ninja Gaiden. IGN's PS2 and Sony fanboyism has finally been revealed to the world with the Conker review, and I hope they become as hated as Gamespot for their Sony fanboyism. Expand
  31. Luis.
    Jun 17, 2005
    Very good
  32. Waldo
    Jun 15, 2005
    Great storyline in singleplayer and the addition of a real mutiplayer-mode for l!ve rocks this game and makes it worth the price of admission. Buy it.

#15 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005
#9 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2005

1. AceGamez
    The multiplayer side of Conker: Live & Reloaded has really impressed me. I didn't think that I could have been taken in with this type of third person action, but I'm hooked and addicted, just like I am to the single player.
    Rating such a schizophrenic beast is tough. But one thing's for sure: If you're in the mood for a retro-styled, light-hearted platform game, you'll love Conker. Equally, if you're looking for high-adrenaline Xbox Live thrills, it'll be right up your street.
  3. Edge Magazine
    As a complete game package Conker: Live & Reloaded is tremendously good value. Significantly, it also shows a company finally back on form. [Aug 2005, p.93]