7.6

1. Apr 11, 2011
    Counter Strike has a simple concept just go kill everyone or simply prevent or put the bomb . The gameplay is simple much similar like halo(no aim assist ) . The maps are well designed,diversity of weapons . Valve you are genius !
  2. Jul 5, 2012
    This game is an obvious port, from an obviously massive game. That being said the port is of the worst version of this game, yes I'm saying that Counter Strike: Condition Zero was and still will always be the worst game in the Counter Strike franchise.

It took what 1.6 had developed so well, and turned it into complete garbage. But were not here to talk about the PC version, but the
    Xbox version.

The biggest draw to any Counter Strike game was the ability to play online with virtually anyone around the world, which this did nicely in its day, but what about the people who didn't give into the monthly payments? well they suffered the consequence of having to hear the horrid voices of your team mates, and some times lack of accuracy which caused matches to drag on longer than they needed too.

The multiplayer factor of CS, is its selling point almost but with this game you almost feel that you're paying FAR too much for what you get. Cause all you get is a simple FPS with some objectives, something that other games like Unreal Championship had achieved as well on this system, prior to the release of CS.

Now I'm not saying that you should stay away from this game at all costs, cause that is the last thing I want, because what the game lacks in graphics, gameplay, and multiplayer now years after its release, it is still a great game to sit down and play if you don't have a computer in your room or don't have Counter Strike installed on your Steam Account.

So I mean if you find it for a dollar at a pawn shop, or somewhere buy it cause its not denting your wallet I mean look at me I'm a student and I'm doing fine after buying it.

I'd have to give this game a safe 7/10

1. 7 / 7 / 8 / 8 - 30 silver [Vol 798; 2 Apr 2004]
  2. Thankfully, the conversion from keyboard and mouse to pad has been made with rare judgement - movement is smooth and aiming is easy. The classic gameplay has made the transition too, and is as rewarding as ever. [Jan 2004, p.110]
  3. An official disappointment on Xbox, yet the game's undying popularity defies critical analysis. [Mar 2004, p.78]