7.6

1. Michael'sfather
    Nov 27, 2003
    OK my son michael is kind of stupid he doesn't know anything about games so don't listen to him buy this its the best online game ever made.
  2. SimonY.
    Feb 1, 2008
    This is great if you want to experience the greatness of Counter Strike, but don't have a PC suitable for gaming. Even if you don't have Xbox Live, the bots are still great to play against, lots of people play Timesplitters against bots and can still have fun. The bots are better than most players on Expert difficulty, and about as good as an average player on Professional. But This is great if you want to experience the greatness of Counter Strike, but don't have a PC suitable for gaming. Even if you don't have Xbox Live, the bots are still great to play against, lots of people play Timesplitters against bots and can still have fun. The bots are better than most players on Expert difficulty, and about as good as an average player on Professional. But if you have a decent PC, you really should get Counter Strike: Source, as it is superior, but if you are a Counter Strike fanatic, it might be worth getting it for the Xbox exclusive maps. Expand
  3. JasonM.
    Jan 1, 2004
    Some people really don't know what there talkin bout this game deserves nothin less than an 8.
  4. AndrewM.
    Sep 17, 2006
    Very excellent game came through and is probably the most versitile game ever, lets the gamers affect everything from levels to the very mods every player plays on. Defiently not your average game. Gameplay is awesome, brings the meaning of 'team' to use. You can go rogue,b ut dont expect to get very far.
  5. MherB.
    May 22, 2006
    best game on earh
  6. DavidB.
    Jan 7, 2004
    This is the first "military" game that I didn't enjoy. With all the other options out there - I wouldn't bother with this one at all. The graphics were just not up to par and the whole game play suffered. I admit though that I did not try online which everyone is raving about... but with Ghost Recon - who cares? ;-)
  7. J.Stone
    Nov 26, 2003
    This game is sub-par for Xbox. I find no evidance of any graphical updates. This game plays like a multi player Doom. Yes, it feels that out dated. If it was selling for 29.99 (like the stand alone PC version is) I'd say buy it for quick Live play (because there is no single player game per-say) But being this game is $50... use that money to buy the best... Rainbow Six 3
  8. RichN.
    Dec 1, 2003
    Actually, I think "Michael C." was generous with the 3/10 rating. This version offers nothing that wasn't done in the PC version, which was overrated and bland to begin with. It doesn't have a solid single-player game, and the graphics are incredibly dated. LAN junkies and online gamers will enjoy it to an extent, but those looking for something truly incredible will go buy Actually, I think "Michael C." was generous with the 3/10 rating. This version offers nothing that wasn't done in the PC version, which was overrated and bland to begin with. It doesn't have a solid single-player game, and the graphics are incredibly dated. LAN junkies and online gamers will enjoy it to an extent, but those looking for something truly incredible will go buy Rainbow Six 3. Expand
  9. MichaelR.
    Sep 5, 2004
    Jesus, this game is horrible. I've never played the PC version, but if it is anything like this then Valve must have sold their souls to the devil for it to become as popular as it did. It's ugly, it's boring, and a total waste of money. I'm not a big fan of RS3 either due to some questionable hit detection, but even so, it was a helluva lot more enjoyable than this.
  10. MichaelC.
    Nov 23, 2003
    So, I know I'm in the minority here, but I really hated this game. Simply put, everything this game does, Rainbow Six 3 does WAY BETTER. And the graphics are way below average. Seriously, save yourself the 50 bucks.
  11. TomB.
    Oct 11, 2007
    This Game stinks really bad, bad graphics and the gameplay is boring.
  12. Gam3sta#1
    Nov 19, 2003
    The best game ever made.
  13. ChrisM.
    Dec 15, 2003
    This game is the best game ever!! must buy.
  14. ElusiveK.
    Apr 7, 2005
    Dude, online, it's the best fps ever... simple.
  15. ChrisC.
    Dec 13, 2006
    This is better than any other xbox live game for Xbox. it isn't as fun playing with the cpu due to lack of AI intellegance. The PC version is more fun with better game options like gravity control but, definitely a great game deserving a 9.0
  16. MikeG.
    Aug 14, 2006
    Its the same as the computer version just no "real" single player.
    Wicked.
  18. TerenceA.
    Jan 20, 2004
    This is the game. this is what xbox is about. of course it sucks on one player mode IT'S A MULTIPLAYER GAME what good is it on one player when you don't know how truly good you are until you go LIVE. that's why some games say LIVE ENABLED.
  19. TonayB.
    Sep 11, 2006
    I think the PC version is excellent and well deserving of a 10 however the XBox version could have been so much better. XBox is the most powerful console on the market and these graphics just straigt up blow. If you have a PC pick up that version over the XBox however it is still a fun game regardless but deffinatly not up to par with the PC version that came out 4 years before it
  20. JustinD.
    Awesome, but not as good as rainbow six 3
  21. Exanimo-NLD-
    Nov 23, 2003
    No splitscreen :( The rest looks good enough to play now and then.
  22. WilleN.
    Nov 25, 2003
    This game is good but you just do the same thing over and over again and again.That is just what makes this game not a good score.
  23. Uter
    Nov 26, 2003
    There's NO 4 Player Split Screen!!! That's so stupid. It's a great game, but is best used as a coaster for your drink if you don't have Xbox Live. As it is, if you have 2 xboxes and 2 tvs, with a lan setup all you can do is player 2 player. It's not worth all that trouble to play just 2 player offline.
  24. Lion
    Dec 1, 2003
    Great game if you enjoy fun and a lot of multiplayer action.
  25. JoeyS.
    Dec 10, 2003
    If Any one gives this any lower than a 9.5 Should be shot on site this is one of the best games ever made its not gard and its fun and for one thing the people that say its not a good 1 player game well DUH its a LIVE based GAME! gosh PS RAINBOW SIX 3 SUCKS!
  26. JohnD.
    Dec 18, 2003
    It is for online play only and it is the best there is.
  27. Apr 11, 2011
    Counter Strike has a simple concept just go kill everyone or simply prevent or put the bomb . The gameplay is simple much similar like halo(no aim assist ) . The maps are well designed,diversity of weapons . Valve you are genius !
  28. Jul 5, 2012
    This game is an obvious port, from an obviously massive game. That being said the port is of the worst version of this game, yes I'm saying that Counter Strike: Condition Zero was and still will always be the worst game in the Counter Strike franchise.

It took what 1.6 had developed so well, and turned it into complete garbage. But were not here to talk about the PC version, but the Xbox version.

The biggest draw to any Counter Strike game was the ability to play online with virtually anyone around the world, which this did nicely in its day, but what about the people who didn't give into the monthly payments? well they suffered the consequence of having to hear the horrid voices of your team mates, and some times lack of accuracy which caused matches to drag on longer than they needed too.

The multiplayer factor of CS, is its selling point almost but with this game you almost feel that you're paying FAR too much for what you get. Cause all you get is a simple FPS with some objectives, something that other games like Unreal Championship had achieved as well on this system, prior to the release of CS.

Now I'm not saying that you should stay away from this game at all costs, cause that is the last thing I want, because what the game lacks in graphics, gameplay, and multiplayer now years after its release, it is still a great game to sit down and play if you don't have a computer in your room or don't have Counter Strike installed on your Steam Account.

So I mean if you find it for a dollar at a pawn shop, or somewhere buy it cause its not denting your wallet I mean look at me I'm a student and I'm doing fine after buying it.

I'd have to give this game a safe 7/10
  29. Nov 9, 2014
    As someone who only plays against bots anyway, this is a great way to play Counter-Strike and even though the fps and graphics were dumbed down from the PC version (as expected) it still plays like a dream! Definitely one of the best first person shooters on the original Xbox! You owe it to yourselves to pick this one up!
  30. Jul 5, 2012

I'd have to give this game a safe 7/10

1. 7 / 7 / 8 / 8 - 30 silver [Vol 798; 2 Apr 2004]
  2. Thankfully, the conversion from keyboard and mouse to pad has been made with rare judgement - movement is smooth and aiming is easy. The classic gameplay has made the transition too, and is as rewarding as ever. [Jan 2004, p.110]
  3. An official disappointment on Xbox, yet the game's undying popularity defies critical analysis. [Mar 2004, p.78]