8.8

1. May 21, 2011
    The planes in this game are a joy to fly, the characters are badass and the story is a blast! The graphics are amazing for an original XBOX too. Everything has a surprising amount of detail, the worlds are aesthetically pleasing and the water especially is stunning. It looks even better on the XBOX 360, where it runs in HD with a smooth framerate.

Simply put, the best game you can get

Simply put, the best game you can get for the original XBOX, even though XBOX Live is no longer supported for it. Pick it up. It's well worth the $10 it'll cost you.
  2. J.Hill
    Oct 31, 2003
    This game rocks. Fantastic controls, great design, awesome visuals and the pull off the 'feel' they were looking for to perfection. I totally feel like Indy Jones in a biplane. It is great. AND I AM NOT A LIVE PLAYER. I am talking 70% about single player. We have done some split-screen mahem, and it is obvious that to more live-oriented gamers (to a graying dinosaur gamer like This game rocks. Fantastic controls, great design, awesome visuals and the pull off the 'feel' they were looking for to perfection. I totally feel like Indy Jones in a biplane. It is great. AND I AM NOT A LIVE PLAYER. I am talking 70% about single player. We have done some split-screen mahem, and it is obvious that to more live-oriented gamers (to a graying dinosaur gamer like me, I don't get why a videogamer would want to talk to *people*, but you youngins' know what you like) this is gonna be a blast and then some. Expand
  3. PerrinM.
    Nov 20, 2003
    What bad things can you say about this game? Incredible graphics, crisp controls, deep gameplay, great environments, great Live content... the list goes on. Is this a true combat flight sim? No. Is it more accessable and fun? Yes! I love the deep flight sims too (Falcon 3 and 4 are my favorites) but there is something cool about the simplicity of this game. If you are a seasoned flight What bad things can you say about this game? Incredible graphics, crisp controls, deep gameplay, great environments, great Live content... the list goes on. Is this a true combat flight sim? No. Is it more accessable and fun? Yes! I love the deep flight sims too (Falcon 3 and 4 are my favorites) but there is something cool about the simplicity of this game. If you are a seasoned flight sim player, your skills will tranfer into this game. If you are new to the genre, it is very accessable and simple to learn. Note: I have yet to experience one laggy session on Live with this game. Expand
  4. SteveE.
    Nov 28, 2003
    Brilliant single/multiplayer game, a must for aerial-combat fans.
  5. BrianK.
    Nov 20, 2003
    This game awsome from the great graphics to great gameplay. I was really suprised that u could get out of the plane and drive trucks and fire turret guns or whatever at planes trying to bomb u from above u!!!! Great Game!!!!!!!
  6. KyleK.
    Oct 22, 2003
    I know people who worked on this game, and they shed a lot of blood sweat and tears to make this game what it is. this is a true testament of dedication.
  7. Dark
    Oct 24, 2003
    One of the best online games to date on the xbox. haven't even played the single-player yet. and i see no reason to.
  8. Riposte101
    Oct 25, 2003
    Simply Breathtaking. When I see 16 players swarming all over each other vying for dominance of the skies I?m tempted to sit back and just marvel at it all, but I can't because if I'm not at the controls I'm dead in two seconds flat.
  9. Doctor
    Jan 5, 2005
    Hands down the best flying game on the xbox. I dig the alternate universe it creates and blowing up zeppelines is way too much fun.
  10. SamF.
    Apr 29, 2006
    Great Flying Action Game that has smooth controls, great graphics and music. This title is no flight sim but an arcade type Flying shooter thats loads of fun. With a variety of things to do like racing for money between missions and Landing for repairs, you will be glad you bought this Title.
  11. Emcg
    Oct 23, 2003
    This game makes me feel so cool, I'm almost tempted to go talk to girls! Now that's saying something.
  12. Jake
    Nov 20, 2003
    This game is totally awesome, and a must have for anyone who enjoys flying games. The graphics are amazing, and the locations are extremely detailed, even up close. The multiplayer is extremely addicting, and the varied game choices (dogfight, keep away, flag heist, and wild chicken) make this game my favorite game since Halo. Yes, Halo. It's that good. My only complaint (if I have This game is totally awesome, and a must have for anyone who enjoys flying games. The graphics are amazing, and the locations are extremely detailed, even up close. The multiplayer is extremely addicting, and the varied game choices (dogfight, keep away, flag heist, and wild chicken) make this game my favorite game since Halo. Yes, Halo. It's that good. My only complaint (if I have any) would be that I would like to have more environments to fight in (there are only 5, but all beautiful). However, that is a minor complaint. If they reissued this game with new planes and new environments every year, without changing anything else (a la Madden 2003, 2004, etc...), I would keep buying it. Although less "authentic" than Secret Weapons Over Normandy, it is more fun to play, and has better graphics and environments to explore. I would highly recommend this game. Expand
  13. JohnS.
    Dec 26, 2003
    I was all set to hate this game. But after one level, I returned my rental copy and bought it. How's that for a good review? The controls are smooth and intuitive, the music/sound is excellent, and the graphics have that punch and inventiveness that makes you happy you have the best console on the market. Once you finish the relatively short but satisfying game, you have some I was all set to hate this game. But after one level, I returned my rental copy and bought it. How's that for a good review? The controls are smooth and intuitive, the music/sound is excellent, and the graphics have that punch and inventiveness that makes you happy you have the best console on the market. Once you finish the relatively short but satisfying game, you have some excellent multiplayer (XB Live or systemlink/splitscreen) to make this a keeper. You've never played Capture The Flag until you've played it in all directions like this. My only disappointments are that the system link is only 2 per xbox, and that I want many more game options (defend a zeppelin, bombing runs, etc.) If they add those additions as a download, this could easily replace Halo for those system link game nights I have with friends. Expand
  14. JasonJ.
    Oct 23, 2003
    I haven't enjoyed a flying game in a long time as much as I enjoy Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge. The game is perfect for the X-Box. Flying games tend to need less unique controls than other genres and the ability to chill out in your leather chair and play this guy on a 60" HDTV is .... well ... awesome. One thing I did notice that doesn't seem to be the topic of any I haven't enjoyed a flying game in a long time as much as I enjoy Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge. The game is perfect for the X-Box. Flying games tend to need less unique controls than other genres and the ability to chill out in your leather chair and play this guy on a 60" HDTV is .... well ... awesome. One thing I did notice that doesn't seem to be the topic of any reviews so far is that the user-interface is one of the best I have ever seen designed. I DEFINITELY recommend picking this one whether you are a flying genre fan or not. It's worth it! Expand
  15. Alex
    Oct 18, 2005
    Too fun. too addicting. too awesome. most all of the planes are based off of real-life designs, which adds a sence of "this really could have happened". One-stick flying takes a few minutes to get used to, but its manageable. some of the bosses remind me of "Wild Wild West" starring Will Smith.
  16. FirePants
    Jun 25, 2005
    I love the music, it is really fun to blow up the Zeps, and it is a very good storyline. I just wish the controls were the same as Halo (using both control sticks to move). contrary to Edwin's beliefs, you can control your air speed, press Y and B genius.
    Nov 15, 2004
    This is a great game! The sound affects are cool, and the graphics are great. Multiplayer-1 word awsome. So why do i give it a 9 well the music really gave me a bad headache after a while, and the gamplay seems too repetitive, but overall a great game. Go and buy it... NOW!
  18. Sep 12, 2014
    Sure 100% fast and artistically punched action ! Epic game ;O , Even arcade version has FAST MOVING aggressive seat

1. 9 / 8 / 8 / 7 - 32 gold [Vol 805; 28 May 2004]
  2. In defiance of the weak missions, air battles are frantic affairs, and they are great. [Dec/Jan 2004, p.78]
  3. But whoever designed the final level) filled with screen-obscuring lightning attacks) and behemoth boss is a cruel, cruel person indeed. [Jan 2004, p.52]