Dead to Rights Xbox

8.4

1. Aug 15, 2017
    The gameplay is alright, but not all that enjoyable. I found myself pushing forward to see what would happen in the story, but by the time I got to the prison sequence, I started to realize this game's many flaws. First of all, there are way too many pointless minigames. They're not fun and some of them take a little longer than is necessary. Second, the hand-to-hand combat you areThe gameplay is alright, but not all that enjoyable. I found myself pushing forward to see what would happen in the story, but by the time I got to the prison sequence, I started to realize this game's many flaws. First of all, there are way too many pointless minigames. They're not fun and some of them take a little longer than is necessary. Second, the hand-to-hand combat you are required to do in the prison is atrociously bad. Now, I get this isn't a modern game, but being able to counter would have made it passable. As it stands, you have to spend more time exploiting the invisible barriers that enemies stop being hostile past, tossing them into that are and then wailing on them as they walk back calmly to their patrol area. It's a mishmash of bad minigames, poor combat and frustrating fights. Like Sickle, who has too much health, does too much damage and you have to exploit him by grabbing him and punching when he breaks free, as he's vulnerable... or Tattoo, who has two invulnerable (yes you heard me, invulnerable) companions who will interrupt your fight with him. Your adrenaline recharges too slow, your hits don't do enough damage and are usually blocked or dodged and your enemies outclass you. The entire purpose of the game is to frustrate you. Screw this game, I'd rather play Retribution. I remember it being annoying, too, but at least it was fun. I'd rather toss this back in the $1 overstock room that I found it in. No wonder no one wanted it. Expand
  2. Mar 18, 2017
    Not a very good game but there are two really good things about it that might interest you.

1... Very challenging. Once you play enough you get a good grasp on the learning curve. Good luck getting out of prison lol.

2... It's story is very pleasing in that action movie die hard sort of a way.
  3. Sungus
    May 28, 2004
    Bought this game based on the Maxim review in its mag. I'll never take their reviews at face value again. The game play is OK, but it gets tedious, the enemies never effin stop coming and they are damn good shots. This game is insanely difficult, but I guess it is supposed to be worth it. Not worth the time for me, I just stopped playing it after a while.
  4. Navid
    Mar 29, 2003
    It is a very good game but the levels are unnecessary hard which won't let it be a 10!
  5. Theimminent26
    Mar 6, 2003
    I borrowed this game and my friends xbox and seriously enjoyed it. I played Max Payne and couldn't really get into it, I applaud them for making a real mature game in all but I enjoy this game way more. THe Diving effect is sweet, There is a great selection of weapons, and the action is just non-stop almost. Besides the Cheesy plot , un-realistic cutscenes, mediocre minigames, and I borrowed this game and my friends xbox and seriously enjoyed it. I played Max Payne and couldn't really get into it, I applaud them for making a real mature game in all but I enjoy this game way more. THe Diving effect is sweet, There is a great selection of weapons, and the action is just non-stop almost. Besides the Cheesy plot , un-realistic cutscenes, mediocre minigames, and repetitive fight scenes I was amazed. I amlost bought an xbox until someone told me It's on the other systems and better. to bad, I guess. Apartment26 is key....listen .....just listen..... Collapse
  6. JackSlate
    Dec 29, 2002
    amazing thats all i could say.
  7. Mr.T
    Oct 6, 2002
    Tech tv doesnt know what they r talkin about. this game is awesome.i actually beat it.
  8. TarikT.
    Sep 15, 2002
    One of the best games i have ever played. If anyone thought this was a take off of max payne they are wrong, this game was in development before max payne. The whole game is action. If you are one of those realistic shooter gamers this game is not for you. And if you are a sissy this game is not for you. IT is Increadibly HARD. I'm suprised i beat it. You can unlock 18 disarm moves One of the best games i have ever played. If anyone thought this was a take off of max payne they are wrong, this game was in development before max payne. The whole game is action. If you are one of those realistic shooter gamers this game is not for you. And if you are a sissy this game is not for you. IT is Increadibly HARD. I'm suprised i beat it. You can unlock 18 disarm moves which are extremely bad-ass. Take people as human shields, go into bullet time. This game has probobly more action than any other action movie ever. Sometimes it feels like you are playing a movie. This is a MUST BUY for a none sissy gamer. Expand
  9. TamasS.
    Sep 4, 2002
    Great game. Most innovative I've seen in a long time. The mini-games are excellent and make it an extremely diverse gaming experience. Fighting never got dull either, since each main character had to be defeated in a very different way.
  10. JohnC.
    Aug 18, 2002
    This game is by far the best action game i have played on the xbox. The minigames provide a nice diversion. Although some of the minigames can be difficult its a pretty enjoyable experience. The action is fast, frentic, and fun. The different moves that Jack can execute are amazing. This is one game I'll be playing for awhile on my xbox.
  11. JohnD.
    Aug 10, 2002
    A bunch of mini games scrapped together... the Official Xbox Magazine gives the most unreliable reviews...they just want you to go out and buy Xbox games. DEFINITE RENTAL.

#30 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2002
#18 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2002

1. This story-based, action-adventure title is probably the most gratifying Xbox-only game this summer, even though it does have some flaws.
  2. AceGamez
    The run-and-gun portions of Dead to Rights come together so perfectly that you become enraptured by your ability to take down hordes of bad guys in classic Jon Woo style. It's these intense, visceral, wicked gunfights that make you forget reality and draw you completely into Slate's fantasy world of fast and furious gun-slinging action. Sadly, the beat 'em up sections of the game mar what otherwise would have been a perfect title.
  3. Despite throwing in a canine companion, button-tapping mini-games and retweaking difficulty levels and so on between NTSC and PAL, Dead to Rights is fundamentally underwhelming to look at, repetitive to play and riddled with more flaws than bullet holes, and this'll stick like rigour mortis after your fiftieth fistfight.