7.5

1. KMan
    Apr 15, 2005
    Ugly game. They said it would be graphically like Ultra Hight on pc. But no... the xbox version is low or at most medium, compared to pc. And they also said that nothing would be changed... well the maps are alot smaller and claustrophopic. And dont get me started on the plot.. it sucks.
  2. MarkV.
    Apr 8, 2005
    Very very bad!!!!!! It's a real bad game! It seem impossible but it's really boring and "slow"!!! Absolutely a very terrible game! After 1 hour of gaming you'll put it into the basketcase!!! [Ed: Basketcase?] Don't buy it!
  3. Rick
    Nov 21, 2005
    Very repetitive... very repetitive, sorry did I say that twice? Its just like the game. Also quite boring too. After playing for about an hour, you've got the FULL scare of this FPS with all its "hidden" AI. A waste of your money and time.
  4. MaxR.
    Apr 11, 2005
    This game did not satisfy my urge to kill at all! The graphics are unsuitable, and the overall gameplay to my standards are low! The weapons all look square and the graphics could have been developed more. To the makers of Doom, I say it is sad to say but this game is washed up. Hang your heads in shame!
  5. PaulJ.
    Apr 11, 2005
    To be honest I was left cold by this game, I'd seen a preview at E3 last year and thought it looked great, now, I think that the gameplay is very limited, it's the same all the way though, the xbox implementation is poor, graphically not as good as say Riddick (Less annoying level loads though). Cutscenes are poor, as are the characters, and the story. Basically a VERY generic To be honest I was left cold by this game, I'd seen a preview at E3 last year and thought it looked great, now, I think that the gameplay is very limited, it's the same all the way though, the xbox implementation is poor, graphically not as good as say Riddick (Less annoying level loads though). Cutscenes are poor, as are the characters, and the story. Basically a VERY generic FPS with decent surround sound, although very poorly implemented gun sounds in 5.1. Movies should have failed submission they are so poor. Disapointing show to be honest. Expand
  6. Thad
    Apr 19, 2005
    The monsters are gruesome and evil looking, but you can only kill so long before you get desensitized to hell. This game got old fast.
  7. B-Ware
    Apr 26, 2005
    doesn't get much more disappointing than this...don't waste your time :(
  8. RichardS.
    May 3, 2005
    How do you spell O-V-E-R-H-Y-P-E-D? Oh yes, "Doom 3", that's how. Yes the environment looks good, but nothing like as immersive and "wow!" inducing as Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. And that's it for good points. As for bad, try: boring; repetitive; silly; boring; frustrating; unscary; oh, and booooorrrrriiiiiinnnnggggg. Wandering around looking for bigger guns whilst killing How do you spell O-V-E-R-H-Y-P-E-D? Oh yes, "Doom 3", that's how. Yes the environment looks good, but nothing like as immersive and "wow!" inducing as Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath. And that's it for good points. As for bad, try: boring; repetitive; silly; boring; frustrating; unscary; oh, and booooorrrrriiiiiinnnnggggg. Wandering around looking for bigger guns whilst killing zombies is so old hat it's not funny. Horror games are not my bag to start with, but when they are this linear and repetitive it's beyond a joke. As for scares, it found it more frustrating than terrifying - it's just plain annoying the way the zombies would creep out from behind a cabinet. It's also frustratingly unrealistic, even for a fantasy game. All the levels are too similar. And I agree with the reviewer about he machine gun - sounds more like a staple gun. All gloss and no gameplay. Rent it, play it for an hour, and then move on with your life. Expand
  9. ApocalypseBrown
    Oct 6, 2007
    After the initial scary hour, its steadily down hill from that. I went back to play Doom 2, and honestly that is a far better game than this crap! Far worse than what most of these under the table critics are waffling!
  10. MC
    Apr 24, 2005
    Looked good for a split second....then it gets repetitive. Got bored in about 2 hours of play, because the gameplay is so weak.
  11. Morratut
    Apr 12, 2005
    The graphics are nice. Sound is also very good. However the gameplay gets very boring very quickly. The levels are mainly corridors connected to rooms. I returned this game the next day.
  12. AB
    Apr 27, 2005
    I really don't get why critics rave about the Xbox version of Doom 3 even more than the PC version. The truth is that it's boring after less than an hour, and the ports of Doom and Doom II on the Collector's Edition only reinforce the fact that there is no variety offered. The PC version was mediocre, and the Xbox version is bad. It's that simple. It isn't scary, I really don't get why critics rave about the Xbox version of Doom 3 even more than the PC version. The truth is that it's boring after less than an hour, and the ports of Doom and Doom II on the Collector's Edition only reinforce the fact that there is no variety offered. The PC version was mediocre, and the Xbox version is bad. It's that simple. It isn't scary, it isn't fun, it isn't worth my time. Expand
  13. ZippyZ.
    May 2, 2005
    This game was uber boring....why all the hype? I was tired of walking around the same dark hallways after about 15 minutes. Yawn...

#2 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005
#4 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2005

1. Grabs you by the throat and doesn't let go until your eyes bulge, your face turns blue, and your heart thuds against your rib cage like a charging rhino... Screw the PC version. This feels like the game Xbox was always meant to host. [Feb 2005, p.81; NOTE: 1UP's Doom 3 review is simply XBN's review republished without credit.]
    Doom 3 won't win prizes for originality, but for low-key storytelling combined with all-out action and immense atmosphere, it's deserving of any shooter fan's time.
  3. If there's light beyond the fringes of Doom 3 multiplayer, it's the eternal flame of id's past: the perfect emulations of "Ultimate Doom" and "Doom II."