Dreamfall: The Longest Journey Xbox

• Also On: PC
8.8

1. C.Lawrence
    May 18, 2006
    Beware. No character improvement, no collecting to speak of, no money, unsatisfying puzzles and almost no action. It is very much like navigating a cartoon through a melodrama. The story is kind of neat, but there is more story then game, and I wanted to play a game with choices and stategy. I can see why some people like it, I guess I'm just not one of those people.
  2. ToddK.
    May 16, 2006
    One word describes this game....BORING!! Unless you have had at least 4 Red Bulls before playing, make sure a pillow is near so your head doesn't hit the ground to hard when you fall asleep. Or better yet, play right from bed with your wireless remote.

#5 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2006

1. AceGamez
    It's an interactive story in the truest sense and as such the gameplay is secondary - although there is enough to do between cut scenes, with the usual puzzle solving, exploration, sneaking, mini-games and even a bit of combat.
  2. Let's just hope the attempt to broaden its audience works: Dreamfall ends on a cliffhanger. If it's all the same to the creators, we'd rather not wait another six years for a resolution.
  3. Edge Magazine
    If you share director Ragnar Tornquist's view that being engaged in dialogue is a form of gameplay, then there's a richness here that few other titles have the ability or luxury to create. [June 2006, p.86]