ESPN Major League Baseball Xbox

8.3

1. KevinH.
    Apr 8, 2004
    I am sooo disappointed. I absolutely loved last years game, and this years installment has left me scratching my head. The actual gameplay is still great, but the graphics seem like they are worse than last year. No croud reaction whatsoever. I hit 2 HR's with Joe Young aka Barry Bonds, did a curtain call, and not a peep from the croud (and it was a home game). The extra game modes I am sooo disappointed. I absolutely loved last years game, and this years installment has left me scratching my head. The actual gameplay is still great, but the graphics seem like they are worse than last year. No croud reaction whatsoever. I hit 2 HR's with Joe Young aka Barry Bonds, did a curtain call, and not a peep from the croud (and it was a home game). The extra game modes are half-assed, as are the pitching meter and confidence meter. The just tossed out the same game from last year, added a few nip and tucks, and hoped no one would notice. Online play is cool, but that's about it for this. I hate to say this, but MVP 2004 is much better. Expand
  2. Joe
    Mar 22, 2004
    I used to be a big fan of the WSB series, but I cant stand this ESPN series. You cant have a single frame with out ESPN being in there somewhere.. and in all the ESPN games Ive played thus far online play is not very good.

#82 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004

1. Aside from a single heckler who insists that Andruw learn how to spell his name, you only ever hear a light roar—even when the ball is hit. As a result, you simply don't feel all that enthralled.
  2. This year's ESPN Major League Baseball seems less polished than its brethren, its new features seem halfhearted at best, and its graphics don't pack the punch they used to.
  3. Playboy
    The exclusive first-person-perspective mode is an interesting gimmick, but the online play is what separates this from the minors. [May 2004]