ESPN Major League Baseball Xbox

8.3

1. ZacharyS.
    Jul 28, 2004
    This game is amazing!!!! I love it!!
  2. JimW.
    Apr 13, 2004
    What else can I say. They took an already great game and added a few sparkles. Now I dont really care too much for the on-deck circle pic, and the curtian call feature lacks some pizazz, but over all its a great game. They took the best of last year (which was overall gameplay) and added the on-line feature. By far this game has exceeded every expectation i've had.
  3. DaveR.
    Apr 8, 2004
    ESPN BASEBALL EDGES OUT MVP BY A STRIDE! It's spring time, time for the inevitable smell of fresh grass and baseball fever. This year I expected real improvements from all three contenders. ASB2005, MVP Baseball 2004, and ESPN Baseball. I was surprised in certain areas and disappointed in others. This is the break down of the good and bad. ASB 2005: Nice stadiums, fair crowd ESPN BASEBALL EDGES OUT MVP BY A STRIDE! It's spring time, time for the inevitable smell of fresh grass and baseball fever. This year I expected real improvements from all three contenders. ASB2005, MVP Baseball 2004, and ESPN Baseball. I was surprised in certain areas and disappointed in others. This is the break down of the good and bad. ASB 2005: Nice stadiums, fair crowd representation, great commentary and sound, fair player models and faces, poor gameplay mechanics. Overall 3 out of 5. MVP Baseball 2004: Good stadiums, poor texturing, fair crowd representation, good commentary and sound, excellent player models and 3-D faces, good gameplay mechanics. Overall 4 out of 5. ESPN Baseball: Incredible Stadiums, great crowd representation, good commentary and sound, good player models and faces, excellent gameplay mechanics. Overall 4.5 out of 5. You be the judge for yourself. Collapse
  4. KevinH.
    Apr 8, 2004
    I am sooo disappointed. I absolutely loved last years game, and this years installment has left me scratching my head. The actual gameplay is still great, but the graphics seem like they are worse than last year. No croud reaction whatsoever. I hit 2 HR's with Joe Young aka Barry Bonds, did a curtain call, and not a peep from the croud (and it was a home game). The extra game modes I am sooo disappointed. I absolutely loved last years game, and this years installment has left me scratching my head. The actual gameplay is still great, but the graphics seem like they are worse than last year. No croud reaction whatsoever. I hit 2 HR's with Joe Young aka Barry Bonds, did a curtain call, and not a peep from the croud (and it was a home game). The extra game modes are half-assed, as are the pitching meter and confidence meter. The just tossed out the same game from last year, added a few nip and tucks, and hoped no one would notice. Online play is cool, but that's about it for this. I hate to say this, but MVP 2004 is much better. Expand
  5. Joe
    Mar 22, 2004
    I used to be a big fan of the WSB series, but I cant stand this ESPN series. You cant have a single frame with out ESPN being in there somewhere.. and in all the ESPN games Ive played thus far online play is not very good.
  6. JudeS.
    Feb 3, 2004
    I have to rate this a 10 on sheer anticipation! The World Series franchise has been so strong... If it's as good as last year's offering, with the added bonus of online play (via XBL), sign me UP!!

#82 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004

1. Aside from a single heckler who insists that Andruw learn how to spell his name, you only ever hear a light roar—even when the ball is hit. As a result, you simply don't feel all that enthralled.
  2. This year's ESPN Major League Baseball seems less polished than its brethren, its new features seem halfhearted at best, and its graphics don't pack the punch they used to.
  3. Playboy
    The exclusive first-person-perspective mode is an interesting gimmick, but the online play is what separates this from the minors. [May 2004]