ESPN NBA 2K5 Xbox

8.7

1. idk
    Jul 20, 2005
    Dont get this game, ea does a better job of creating more control, better yet, just wait for the xbox 360 and get nba live 06-next gen.
  2. Arthur
    Apr 29, 2005
    I got this the day it came out for $15. I thought it was just okay at first, but the 24/7 mode plus a great franchise mode and very realistic gameplay that will grow on you quickly, it might be the best money a basketball fan could spend.
  3. BobM.
    Feb 1, 2005
    I would have given this game a 10 without any doubts but the graphics arent as good because the camera not low to the floor like NBA live 2005. The extras you can do are awesome such as franchise mode or picking your players shoes.
  4. AltreseJ.
    Dec 28, 2004
    The graphics are great. but to many blocks you cant use your allstar like you would want. Allen Iverson gets block cause he's short we know thats not true. And you need more dunks. Everybody knows that centers and guards dont dunk the same. plus in association why cant other users cant play against you. And the layups need more realism and the reverse layups need the most. Get rid ofThe graphics are great. but to many blocks you cant use your allstar like you would want. Allen Iverson gets block cause he's short we know thats not true. And you need more dunks. Everybody knows that centers and guards dont dunk the same. plus in association why cant other users cant play against you. And the layups need more realism and the reverse layups need the most. Get rid of the sliders they suck. The fadeaways need much work. make sure the guards and big men have diffrent fadaways, and you need realsim on the passing lanes, and your alley opps suck they need a change maybe two diffrent buttons for passess and layups and dunk, you should decide the layup or dunk....l..... please fix the lay ups and dunks PPPPPPPPPPPPPlease. Expand
  5. BigA.
    Dec 26, 2004
    Awesome game. Addicting gameplay and sweet graphics. Sure it has some glitches, like on the in-bound pass when for some reason the ref gives it to the player but the player won't catch it, doesn't detract from the fun. There's one thing I'd like to see next year though- more logos for the create-a-team feature!
  6. TOMISINO.
    Dec 22, 2004
    I have this game and i cant stop playing in. I'm disappointed that your created player can't play in your season. Other things like the way Shaq plays and the AI's inside shouting drag this game down.
  7. KennethW.
    Oct 24, 2004
    Great game better than live all the way around and has lots more to offer... forget the dunk contest, anyone up for a every man for himself 4 player game of 21 on the xbox, not to mention 24/7 mode $20.
  8. Joe
    Oct 14, 2004
    I loved this series, back fron the DC days, and this one was underwhelming. The game play's solid, but I really don't like the non-reactive isomotion. Also, the AI is not hard, but maddening. But GFX are better, 24/7 is great and the game flows smoother than Live, which I also like (slam dunk contest is highly addictive).
  9. MikeM.
    Oct 13, 2004
    I own both NBA2k5 and this year's Live and find myself playing this one more. Simply more fun to play and not as frustratin. Kinda kickin myself still for spending 40 bucks for just a slam dunk contest.
  10. Uter
    Oct 8, 2004
    While it's not quite at the level of polish that the nfl series, this is still a very excellent game. The graphics are noticeably improved from last year.
  11. Buried-In-The-Box
    Oct 5, 2004
    Just like the other Sega sports games this year, this one is way past the competition. Graphics, gameplay and presentation easily beat EA's update of 2000's Live game. Stick with Sega this year. They are the new king.
  12. BryanW.
    Oct 1, 2004
    Imagine 2k5 for basketball and you have a pretty good approximation of what you will get. After waiting years for a basketball video game that offers a simulation feel and is FUN to play, I've finally found it. The only thing I can honesltly say that it's missing is the VIP, that would be a great addition. Gameplay is solid, and having the ability to customize so many of the Imagine 2k5 for basketball and you have a pretty good approximation of what you will get. After waiting years for a basketball video game that offers a simulation feel and is FUN to play, I've finally found it. The only thing I can honesltly say that it's missing is the VIP, that would be a great addition. Gameplay is solid, and having the ability to customize so many of the gameplay settings to fit what ever style of Ball you want to play is huge. In my opinion NBA 2k5 is the perfect compliment to NFL 2k5, and for $20 bucks, you gotta get it. Expand
  13. MichaelN.
    Sep 30, 2004
    Nice Game, Takes awhile to get used to the new player movement and camera angles. But overall they improved on last years game.
  14. SteveK.
    Sep 29, 2004
    Best basketball game ever. The Visual Concepts team have topped themselves again. I own every 2K game since the original NBA 2K on Dreamcast and this one is by far the best. This game is faster paced, and it feels much more realistic than 2K4. It really feels like an NBA game, a really exciting NBA game when you're playing. The sound is much more improved too, giving a real arena Best basketball game ever. The Visual Concepts team have topped themselves again. I own every 2K game since the original NBA 2K on Dreamcast and this one is by far the best. This game is faster paced, and it feels much more realistic than 2K4. It really feels like an NBA game, a really exciting NBA game when you're playing. The sound is much more improved too, giving a real arena feel. They've cleaned up a lot of the excessive charging from last year's game and you can't just score at will with the isomotion any more, which makes this game more challenging (and again, more realistic). The inside moves are much improved too. This game is awesome, and it's only $20! I easily would have paid $200 for a game this good. Why on earth would any one buy NBA Live??? Expand
  15. StanU.
    Sep 26, 2004
    Players ratings should be more accurate and realistic... thanks...

#25 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#33 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    The first thing you're going to notice about this game is how unbelievably gorgeous it is. [Dec 2004, p.94]
  2. AceGamez
    There are many features here to keep you entertained while going solo but if you're looking for a multiplayer friendly game, ESPN doesn't really deliver.
  3. For those looking for a variety of online modes, great graphics, and technically accurate five-on-five play, ESPN 2K5 is the only way to go.