9.1

1. MIKEG.
    Jul 29, 2004
    The graphics and presentation are really cool but the gameplay and control of the action are not near as good as the Madden series.
  2. Buried-In-The-Box
    Aug 24, 2004
    I agree with you completely Brann. All they did this year is make the defense cheaper so it was harder to score 100 points in 5 minute quarters. This game hasn't changeg, in my eyes, since PS1 except the graphics, which are still old PS2 graphics. EA needs to stop robbing people just because they know people will buy Madden because of its name. Sega was around long before the Madden I agree with you completely Brann. All they did this year is make the defense cheaper so it was harder to score 100 points in 5 minute quarters. This game hasn't changeg, in my eyes, since PS1 except the graphics, which are still old PS2 graphics. EA needs to stop robbing people just because they know people will buy Madden because of its name. Sega was around long before the Madden series and it finally started to show this year. Expand
  3. Kenny
    Nov 8, 2004
    Great graphics, very realistic. Shame about the flawed underlying sport it's based on. I tried to like it, because my american friend is into it. I think I'll stick to playing real 'football' games e.g. FIFA football.

1. A few less than spectacular extra features complete the package. Worth mention only for reference these include annoying celebrity matches, and a frustrating ESPN 25th anniversary mode, where the top 25 plays in football are reenacted by the player.
  2. You just never know how the AI will react, but at least they do take the timeouts and run the hurry up offense when they are down. It doesn't play dumb. In fact, the AI will go into a no-huddle offense, just to throw you off occasionally. How cool is that!!
    The biggest advancement is the VIP system, which studies your habits on the field and develops a profile based on how you play the game.