• Publisher: Ubisoft
  • Release Date: Sep 27, 2005
5.6

1. ScottH.
    Nov 10, 2005
    Not sure why this game is getting such good reviews. Sure it looks nice, but the AI is on par with the lamest shooters on the Nintendo 64. I literally walked right into a guy, who ignored me and walked away, allowing to me do a stealth kill. Not to mention having to shoot the enemies in the head three of four times before they go down. Do it once and they're just as likely to say Not sure why this game is getting such good reviews. Sure it looks nice, but the AI is on par with the lamest shooters on the Nintendo 64. I literally walked right into a guy, who ignored me and walked away, allowing to me do a stealth kill. Not to mention having to shoot the enemies in the head three of four times before they go down. Do it once and they're just as likely to say something like "I think I just heard something." No, you just got shot in the face! Die, damn you! I played it once for a few hours and traded it in. Don't waste your money!!! Expand
  2. PeterL.
    Oct 13, 2005
    The AI is the worst I have ever experienced. Lying under wooden huts shooting an assailant through the floor and managing only to shoot a buttock, the enemy states"Oh well, must have been nothing!" Trying to attract attention of guards by throwing copious amounts of stones causes the same response. Anyone who thinks this is a good game has a poor grasp on reality! Sure, the graphics are The AI is the worst I have ever experienced. Lying under wooden huts shooting an assailant through the floor and managing only to shoot a buttock, the enemy states"Oh well, must have been nothing!" Trying to attract attention of guards by throwing copious amounts of stones causes the same response. Anyone who thinks this is a good game has a poor grasp on reality! Sure, the graphics are good, but come on!! Perhaps its because I'm 42 and experienced in life and haven't grown up believing I can get shot 10 times in the head and won't die is the problem. I realise that games don't always reflect reality, but after Halo, all enemy AI has a lot to measure up to. Expand
  3. JohnL.
    Jan 25, 2006
    I couldnt get into it I really like first person shooters but I didnt think this one was as good as people made it out to be. The graphics are ok but what I found really sloppy are the poor camera angles after playing for a few hours ai got really dizzy. I honestly wouldnt recommend it to anyone.
  4. ZanderK.
    Dec 29, 2005
    must have missed those georgeous graphics with the stupid bots making it all too frustrating If this game is the best the xbox can muster then I fully understand the upgrade.

1. I was expecting a lot from Instincts, and boy, I got it. Smooth as silk, pretty as a picture and as vicious as an angry lion, Jack Carver's second title is as good as his first, and is pretty much a must-own for any fan of the FPS or stealth genres. Top notch.
  2. Nigh on perfect. There's no other way to put it. Words simply cannot do this game the justice it so admirably deserves. It's the most original, involving and technically astounding first person shooter since Halo 2 finally emerged and barged its way into every Xbox owner's home, and it puts most of its competitors to absolute shame.
  3. Hopefully, upcoming sequels will further tweak an already solid concept into a great game.