8.8

1. Apr 26, 2014
    this game is honestly one of the scariest games I've played, at least for the first two hours, because then you start to get a bit used to, but still continues to be scary. the horror of the game is probably the greatest aspect, because the gameplay doesn't have anything special to it, infact its awkward to move around at most times, but if your a horror junkie, this is a must play. When I first started this game, I could only play for like 15 min at a time (mind you, I was playing late at night) because I was so uncomfortable and nervous. great for scares, but not exactly a fun game Expand

1. Intelligent, macabre, scary, superbly directed and perfectly pitched for casual players and more hardcore gamers alike, this game does for survival horror what the influx of Japanese and Korean movies has done for horror cinema in recent years.
  2. If you have an active imagination, you might want to avoid this game. You can play it if you want, just don't plan on getting any restful sleep. [Dec 2004, p.83]
  3. One of gaming's most horrific experiences. [Feb 2005, p.102]