8.5

Apr 2, 2003
    Best of the Best.
  2. JennyW.
    Jan 2, 2003
    It's wonderfully executed. The sounds and environments are terrifying. Only problem is, it creates an atmosphere of such creepiness that it's sometimes difficult to play for long periods of time.
  3. OasaisI.
    Mar 8, 2003
    Something different for a change. This game caught my attention, but I am afraid it might end to quickly. A good Ebay resale game or bring it backer after a few dayer game.
  4. JamesW.
    Apr 30, 2003
    Great concept. A bit hard to maneuver, but easy to adjust.
  5. Foxfire
    Apr 24, 2003
    I would give it more but i cant.
  6. VincentJC.
    Nov 15, 2004
    This is an interesting title that combines interactive fiction with horror in a unique but well done manner. The storyline and plot are probably the strongest points of the game and I felt are what kept me interested through the end of the game. Story/Plot: (10 of 10) I'm pretty picky when it comes to games on story details and tying events together. I thought the writers of Fatal This is an interesting title that combines interactive fiction with horror in a unique but well done manner. The storyline and plot are probably the strongest points of the game and I felt are what kept me interested through the end of the game. Story/Plot: (10 of 10) I'm pretty picky when it comes to games on story details and tying events together. I thought the writers of Fatal Frame managed to nail almost every aspect of the story in this game from start to finish. The development was suspenseful and well thought out and its delivery through a combination of cut-scenes and user-discovered notebooks/scrapbook items was ideal. Game Control: (6 of 10) This may have been the only disappointing aspect of the game. Navigating around the complex normally wasn't too tough but became very frustrating during combat. Graphics: (8 of 10) While I didn't feel that the graphics were stunning by any means, they were definitely appropriate. I don't think this was a game that would have benefited from overdone graphics. The rooms where drawn somewhat grainy and set the mood perfectly. I thought the background items were appropriate for the setting and effectively placed. Sound: (9 of 10) No real musical score to speak of but the background noises, voices, and general effects were enough to make the hair stand on the back of my next on several occasions. Again, well delivered and appropriately placed to help set the perfect mood. Misc: (8 of 10) Overall, I'd say this game deserves to be listed as one of the better titles released for the xbox. I think my rating of an 8 is consistent with both the critics and the users. My only other complaint is that by the end of the game, I was getting a little tired of fighting ghosts and was more interested in the story aspect of the game. Otherwise, I thought the title was well delivered and produced. Turn off all the lights and enjoy this game from start to finish. Expand

1. Scarier than "Silent Hill 2" and harder than a dozen "Genma Onimusha"s, this is simply amazing stuff.
    Fatal Frame feels like a breath of fresh air in a genre which has spent most of the last decade moving forward only in terms of narrative, and while it's a gruesome and disturbing way to spend an evening, the awe-inspiring power of the narrative style, hammered home by a brutally efficient game engine and nerve-wracking game mechanics, makes this the most compelling game of this nature yet to appear on a console.
  3. Gory and twisted in ways only the mature freak can appreciate. [Feb 2003, p.71]