FIFA Soccer 06 Xbox

7.5

1. NickS.
    Oct 5, 2005
    Fifa is a non-stop fun filled game. Fifa 06 is much better than winning eleven. Great game all around.
  2. DaveR.
    Oct 6, 2005
    This is without a doubt the best iteration within the FIFA series. To be honest, I am a bit surprised by moderate reviewer scores. It addresses virtually all the plaguing problems encounted by previous versions adding the necessary gameplay upgrades and tactics we expect as serious soccer fans. Hats off to EA, for a superior effort. The other aforementioned reviewers rating this game This is without a doubt the best iteration within the FIFA series. To be honest, I am a bit surprised by moderate reviewer scores. It addresses virtually all the plaguing problems encounted by previous versions adding the necessary gameplay upgrades and tactics we expect as serious soccer fans. Hats off to EA, for a superior effort. The other aforementioned reviewers rating this game below an 8 need to actually play real life soccer before belittling EA's efforts. Expand
  3. JackS.
    Nov 1, 2005
    Best football game around. much better than any pro evo games.
  4. RonH.
    Oct 5, 2005
    Best fifa yet.
  5. SamuelG.
    Sep 28, 2005
    This game is good overhaul of the game. Everything is much more fluid, and allows for alot more strategy than the old pass thru with the "Y" button, kick and score.. You now have to pass around and wait for the cpu/player mistakes, and then try and capitalise on them. I also love the new corner's idea, where you have to guess where the ball is getting crossed to, instead of know This game is good overhaul of the game. Everything is much more fluid, and allows for alot more strategy than the old pass thru with the "Y" button, kick and score.. You now have to pass around and wait for the cpu/player mistakes, and then try and capitalise on them. I also love the new corner's idea, where you have to guess where the ball is getting crossed to, instead of know exactly who and when they are getting it. The freekicks at goals are a lot harder, since you cannot choose the amount of spin and where in the goal you are shooting it at, but i am sure with a little bit more practice, it will be worth it. I am loving the new pin point passing idea, and how the ball rolls properly and consistantly with real life physics. The game as a whole is much more fluid, and allows a good 200% more control over plays, attacking, ball defence, on and off the ball control, goal keeping and my favourite, being able to elbow and nudge players when fighting for the ball. This game is easily the best soccer sim. I cannot recommend highly enough. O, did i mention... total re-working of commentary. Fantastic. There are a whole lot more changes, but i will let you discover them. Why didn't i give it a 10... cause 10's are reserved for my favourite sports game... Basketball. Expand

#66 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005

1. It plays superbly, the management mode is certainly addictive in the extreme, the AI is great, the graphics detailed and crisp and there are so many modes to enjoy. So it all comes down to those stutters, which seem to affect some gamers more than others.
  2. AceGamez
    I feel in about a year's time, when they have this new engine perfected, FIFA might be a serious contender, but at the moment it's not quite realising its full potential.
  3. As it stands, FIFA once again offers a huge amount of entertainment - but you'll be left covering your face after you've witness EA miss a hatful of chances to go top of the table.