FIFA Soccer 2004 Xbox

8.2

1. J.H.
    Oct 23, 2003
    This is the first time I´ve been so frustrated with EA´s Fifa game. First of all the graphics, They are just horrible. The game looks much worse than fifa 2003 and the phrase "dated" comes to mind. The crowd for example, it looks like it is animated with two frames. One frame with hands up the next with hands down. The gameplay is also a big disappointment. What the h*** is EA This is the first time I´ve been so frustrated with EA´s Fifa game. First of all the graphics, They are just horrible. The game looks much worse than fifa 2003 and the phrase "dated" comes to mind. The crowd for example, it looks like it is animated with two frames. One frame with hands up the next with hands down. The gameplay is also a big disappointment. What the h*** is EA doing with this franchise. I´m not even going to mention no online play for xbox. If you are a die hard FIFA fan. Rent this sorry excuse for game. Expand
  2. DanL.
    Mar 8, 2004
    I'm not sure why people think that this is a good game. The commentary it awful, the same thing over and over again. Now john and ally have expanded their vocab to include... stumbles. yes, that's right they now stumble to make it sound more realistic. but when you play 3 games in a row you get sick of hearing the same thing over and over again. What's the point of puttingI'm not sure why people think that this is a good game. The commentary it awful, the same thing over and over again. Now john and ally have expanded their vocab to include... stumbles. yes, that's right they now stumble to make it sound more realistic. but when you play 3 games in a row you get sick of hearing the same thing over and over again. What's the point of putting in a dribbling button if it doesnt work? every time the guy just takes a step forward and nips the ball of of you, nothing you can do about it except pass, and thats not something i like to do. I like to try and take on the entire team, its more fun that way, more of a challenge. There is no way to control your shooting, just press b and hope that it goes in. And i have to say that the goalkeeper animations are horrendous. most of the time they just fall onto their side and the ball goes over their hands or just next to them. The new corner kick system sucks too. what happened to taking a short corner and then laying it off for a shot or a cross? the new system is far to linear, you have practically no control over where you put the ball. And on defense i just want to head the ball away none of this pushing the guy crap, but when i try and turn a round to run to the target, i just shuffle around, i then proceed to block the guy off and try and head the ball away... my arrow is white and i am standing directly on the target but the offender heads its anyway some how, with some miraculous feat. the off the ball control aint to brilliant either, seen as if you get to close to the defender he just pokes the ball away from you you have to control you player and the run of you future player at the same time, this can be very confusing and i find the use of L to be sporradic when cycling throught the players. Another big problem is that the use of attributes has absolutely no effect over how the players play. I played my defenders up front and my strikers at the back and i could see no difference. i played leyton orient in one game and then went on to play real madrid and it was like playing the same team, but in a different uniform. I saw no difference in the skill level of the team. you would expect the orient defenders to screw up once in awhile but no, every tackle was flawless and their gk made 18 saves. The only good thing that has come out of this game are the absolutely sublime graphics and the new practice mode, which i found quite useful to practice my freekicks, which are not hard to master (top corner away from goalie, only bottom spin). Yes, this is truly a magnificent game. P.S WTF are prestige points? i see absolutely no point in these, all they do is slow down the career mode. Expand
  3. MrSatan
    Oct 31, 2003
    This game sucks. EA has lost the plot with making soccer games. If your looking for a good soccer game play ISS3 on ps2 it's way better.

#22 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Ultimately, whether 2004 is, in fact, a better game than Konami's "Winning Eleven 7" on PlayStation 2 is debatable; what is clear, however, is that this is easily the finest game of footy to be found on Xbox.
  2. GMR Magazine
    The Practice mode could've been more intuitive, like "Madden 2004's" minicamp mode. It was not only difficult to figure out, but also, ultimately, not even that helpful. [Dec 2003, p.86]
  3. But however much positive energy we lavish on FIFA all the areas that EA beats Konami on - bar online - are simply gloss. In a straight tussle between the games, we just don't enjoy playing FIFA as much as we do "PES3," and, for most of you, that's what matters.