Fight Night 2004 Xbox

8.6

1. JeffJ.
    Apr 10, 2004
    what's not to love about this game! i can't believe somebody gave it a 9. This is a 10 all the way! great graphics plus addictive gameplay is a winning one two punch.
  2. RonnieM.
    Apr 10, 2004
    Total Punch Control is the best use of the thumbsitcks in any game. Whoever thought of it is a genius. Nice to see a game that takes care of us Xbox gamers.
  3. LesterB.
    Apr 10, 2004
    Roy Jones Jr, Total Punch Control, 32 Fighters in 6 weight classes, a 20 year career mode, great knockdowns, and unbelivable graphics. i love it!!!!
  4. ThomasH.
    Apr 10, 2004
    Finally a boxing game that feels like real boxing. You can really control your fists. Defense abilities are a great addition. This should be a 100 game in my opinion.
  5. RogerS.
    Apr 10, 2004
    i used to buy every boxing game made. But after playing Fight Night, i will never by any other. Rocky is a joke compared to this game. Rocky Legends, why bother! i only want Fight Night!!!!
  6. J.T.
    Apr 8, 2004
    Wow, this game rocks!!! The graphics and music is incredible. A must buy game if you love boxing.
  7. Ceesquared
    Apr 8, 2004
    Wow ... this game is cool .. i watch boxing all the time and playing this game is like watching the best fights ever .. great time slugging it out with friends .. for anyone who has a problem with the TPC and opts to use the buttons i say WATCH BOXING! TPC gives you soooo much control once u get used to it .. float like a butterfly, sting like when i pee!
  8. BobJ.
    Mar 17, 2004
    AWESOME!!!
  9. Uter
    Apr 11, 2004
    I love the gameplay here. But with that said there are a few areas that could have been better. It may not be realistic, but I would have liked the career to span more than 80 fights max. The roster, while impressive, could have really used Tyson & Foreman. Also, chapionship seems a bit weird having all kinds of boxers from different eras at once. It would have been nice to have the I love the gameplay here. But with that said there are a few areas that could have been better. It may not be realistic, but I would have liked the career to span more than 80 fights max. The roster, while impressive, could have really used Tyson & Foreman. Also, chapionship seems a bit weird having all kinds of boxers from different eras at once. It would have been nice to have the option to face real life boxers only, if you chose to do so. While fighting ali is cool, it just seems weird fighting him in his youth for the current heavyweight championship. Really i am nitpicking - this is an incredible game. It may be the best boxing game ever. only punchout (and super punchout) comes close in terms of greatness. But really, punchout was never about the sweet science, and fight night is. Expand
  10. SitoT.
    Apr 13, 2004
    This game isn´t only impressive because of his graphics,but also for its gameplay and its carrier mode. I think that there won´t be any game in the future which will impress me as this one did.
  11. JackD.
    Apr 19, 2004
    I love this game but i can't give it a 10.... i would have, until i used some of the sig. moves. they need to work on that a bit... exp: sonny listen NEVER did a punch like that. WTF. but the sig punches is the only thing i didn't like. GREAT JOB EA!!!
  12. B.J.
    Apr 19, 2004
    This game is beaste!
  13. KeithY.
    Apr 7, 2004
    I'd rate this on the same level as Rocky when it released. Graphics are better, Rocky had better audio. Create-a-boxer is cool, I made me and 4 friends. That's reason #1 why I got this game. Also, controls can be changed to button punching to make life easier for noobs cuz TPC is really awkward. A nice move is the ability to change movement relative to boxer or camera, the later I'd rate this on the same level as Rocky when it released. Graphics are better, Rocky had better audio. Create-a-boxer is cool, I made me and 4 friends. That's reason #1 why I got this game. Also, controls can be changed to button punching to make life easier for noobs cuz TPC is really awkward. A nice move is the ability to change movement relative to boxer or camera, the later less confusing IMO. MVP 2004 is a better buy if you can't have both. Expand
  14. Bigfoot
    May 13, 2004
    How can jet set radio future gat a better raring then this this is by far the best boxing games ever made and some skating game is not better than this.
  15. ArwinD.
    Sep 28, 2005
    This game is just great! I didnt want to put so much money to buy FN: round2... so i bought this one (because i've heard that those are almost the same game) I haven't never played anything that has so good worth for my money! At my first day, i played 4h + 4h + 2h of this game! I think i haven't ever played anything that much (except halo1) I love the carreer mode and the This game is just great! I didnt want to put so much money to buy FN: round2... so i bought this one (because i've heard that those are almost the same game) I haven't never played anything that has so good worth for my money! At my first day, i played 4h + 4h + 2h of this game! I think i haven't ever played anything that much (except halo1) I love the carreer mode and the controls... but when i started to play, controls were a bit hard... but now i've get used to it. Graphics are nice too... Expand
  16. MatMori
    Aug 17, 2004
    MY SCORE 85/100 I was a little hesistant to pick up EA'S FIGHT NIGHT 2004, because I already had EA'S KNOCKOUT KINGS 2002. In the end I'm glad I purchased the game because it's a whole nother experience.++++ Total Punch Control is a new concept that disregards the use of the common button mashing fighting style, now you throw punches using the right analog stick. This MY SCORE 85/100 I was a little hesistant to pick up EA'S FIGHT NIGHT 2004, because I already had EA'S KNOCKOUT KINGS 2002. In the end I'm glad I purchased the game because it's a whole nother experience.++++ Total Punch Control is a new concept that disregards the use of the common button mashing fighting style, now you throw punches using the right analog stick. This changes the gameplay since boxers no longer throw 4 jabs in less then 2 seconds (KOKings). The new innovative design is great; a right jab is thrown by pushing the analog stick up at a 45' the right hook is controlled by moving the stick to the right and thown upwards in a 1/8thcircle, and the uppercut is a contolled by rolling the stick down to the right and around up to 3/8th circle. Just imagine the right thumbstick is the boxers hand and the pattern of any punch relates to the movement of the stick. The left stick controls your boxer, the Left trigger (when held) and the combined motion of the left analog stick will sway the upper body of the boxer, allowing him to bob, weave, duck, and doddge. The Right trigger is used for blocking. New in FN is the ability to counter punche, by holding the Rtrigger and moving the Left analog stick you can push punches away which leaves the opponent open to anything. Defense is really important, for it leads to a good offence. Another thing I loved about FN is the damage modeling, boxers now take damage better then KOKings, boxers get really trashed up. Bruises swell mostly over the eyes and nose. Cuts under the eyes eventually start bleeding, along with the nose and the uncommon lip. The new Create-a-boxer is pretty detailed, from different, shapes, sizes, widths, lengths, and enough hair sytles. The addition to rag doll physics is propbably the funniest and sadistic feature to add. Now when boxers get knocked out, the limbs go limp and the knees buckle under. The knockouts look twice as violent then KOKings and it's fasinating and demented to see bodies crumpling under the hit of a huge right hook. Probably the greatest feauture is when an opponent gets backed up in to the corner turnposts and gets knocked out. With the turnpost as a support your boxer can throw devastating punches to an ALREADY KNOCKED OUT OPPONENT! I've thrown 8 consecutive alternating hooks after the intial knockdown-it was extremely violent. With the awsome hit detection, rag doll physics (kneck and face reacted to each punch by swiveling and bending) and the sweat and blood exploding off the face turned into an incredible effect. The whole career mode was expanded from KOKings allowing you to buy extra shorts, tatoos, gloves, shoes, music, taunts, special moves, introduction effects, and women. The women just acompany your boxer to the ring and do some weird unsexy dances. The career also allows you to customize your boxer by having roughly 4 training exercise after each fight. In between rounds, stat cards pull up showing which % of punches were thrown and landed. ++++----There aren't too many serious problems with FN but one or two are beyond annoying. Sometimes during a fight the opponent (usually with a lot of agility) will continually and consitantly run away from you. During the whole match whether you chase or stand motionless he will continually circle around you which lasts more then 20 mintues until the fight finally ends. Out of the whole 20 mintues he might throw about 40 punches total. The punches your boxer throws rarely come in contact and those that do are sometimes blocked, it's ridiculous but thank god it doesn't happen often. Although I do like the blood, it looks fake when it squirts out, it looks like a straight 7inch solid glob of blood, very much like a Mortal Kombat game. The sweat looks great when it sprays off of the face after a hit, but when it rolls down off of the face it looks awkward. It looks like a screen is pasted on the face and it drips sweat drops like rainfall. The beads of sweat don't look right, and it rolls down to fast. It looks worse when the boxer is knocked out and lying on the floor, because the sweat still drops from forehead to chin, but it should drop from forehead and to the mat (gravity). FN does have a decent instnat REPLAY but what really let me down was that there are no SAVEABLE REPLAYS. The camera on the REPLAY system works well but it doesn't play any of the sound effects. The announcer of FN is Lil Tigger and I wish they stuck with KOKings announcers. Tigger has a hip-hop announcing style, but I didn't like much. He's repetitive and he doesn't do much to set the mood of the fight. I wish they stuck with KOKings on this one, the two announcers in KOKings were a lot better. The last problem I had is about the unlockables. I've been playing for a quite a while and unlocked the girls and music and entrance effects, but the special moves I haven't unlocked at all. I'm trying to figure it out but I can't unlock any of them.----====Total Punch Control is tough to learn, but after some practice it becomes second nature and soon your boxer will be throwing lefts and rights with ease and fluidity. Fight Night 2004, is a brutal, often fast paced, sometimes frustrating, frantic, boxing game. It has a decent amount of replay value since it's always funny to see what kind of shapes the bodies fall after a knockout. The sound effects are pretty good but I think KOKings had better 'smacking' and punching sounds. I liked this game and despite the few flaws I really enjoyed it, it's a nice improvement over KOKings.==== Expand

#22 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004

1. A brutally lifelike affair that firmly drives home the fact that 21st-century videogaming is rapidly approaching an era of photorealism. [Apr 2004, p.81]
  2. It's dense and intimidating, and it demands practice; give it time, and button-mashing will no longer seem relevant in boxing games.
  3. Edge Magazine
    As a reinvention it's a resounding success, and there are no pretenders to its comprehensiveness [May 2004, p.107]