• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Jan 28, 2002
8.5

1. NinjaM.
    Aug 23, 2003
    Onimusha: Warlords was one of my favorite games on the Ps2 and now I finally picked up the X-Box copy andI have to say that I'm impressed . First, the game remains it's great atmosphere and graphics. Second, the gameplay has only been enhanced, with charging your weapon and the green souls, this will keep me going for months, if not years. Yes, they did raise the difficulty, Onimusha: Warlords was one of my favorite games on the Ps2 and now I finally picked up the X-Box copy andI have to say that I'm impressed . First, the game remains it's great atmosphere and graphics. Second, the gameplay has only been enhanced, with charging your weapon and the green souls, this will keep me going for months, if not years. Yes, they did raise the difficulty, making it even better, for me atleats. You can finally skips cut scenes which makes this game seem even better. There are a bit more extras you can unlock which will keep me going for weeks, if not months. The problem with this game, however, lies in the X-Box controller. The D-Pad on the X-Box is somewhat less than the PS2 one, making moving seem a bit harder. The controller, in fact, is so unconfortable for me to play Onimusha, that I almost gave this a 9, luckily the game was so awesome that I could forgive the bulky controller. Expand
  2. MichaelC.
    Oct 7, 2003
    I am sort of perplexed. I can't figure out why people love this game so much. Yeah, the story is ok, the fighting is mildly amusing, and the graphics in the cut-scenes are exceptional, but look at all the flaws. The fixed camera angles drive me nuts. The characters have a ton of detail, but they are set against these boring backgrounds that look dead and never-changing. Evidently I am sort of perplexed. I can't figure out why people love this game so much. Yeah, the story is ok, the fighting is mildly amusing, and the graphics in the cut-scenes are exceptional, but look at all the flaws. The fixed camera angles drive me nuts. The characters have a ton of detail, but they are set against these boring backgrounds that look dead and never-changing. Evidently I'm in the minority, but I'm going to have to say pass on this one. Expand
  3. BlueFalcon
    Apr 20, 2005
    Overall this is one of my favorite xbox games. It was good on ps2, and this is a well crafted port. They changed the game up more than expected. But rather than new levels, they added new features and increased the difficulty. There's a new exceptionally scary enemy - it's reminiscent of the RE series. It turned out very well, but it's a little too tough near the start.
  4. RobertR.
    Jan 31, 2002
    It was good on PS2 and it's better on Xbox.
  5. EzagouriN.
    Jun 27, 2004
    At first, I thought the game sucked! I mean, the dialogs are laughable and it can get very freaking hard and congusing! But, after a while I started to thoroughly enjoy it! A good game.
  6. Uter
    Dec 25, 2003
    It's a nice port of a ps2 game, but i'm not sure i like the enhancements. enemies try to steal souls and when they do, they become freaking tough. it can be frustarating since enemies seem to have a better ability to get souls than you.

1. Capcom also wrecked the balance of the gameplay, making it a much more frustrating affair. [Spring 2002, p.86]
    Pay attention folks, THIS is how you make a "Special Edition."
    Seemingly hand-drawn backgrounds and marvelously manipulated characters leave surroundings oozing atmosphere from every pore...Macabre, yes, but magnificent as well.