• Publisher: Capcom
  • Release Date: Jan 28, 2002
8.5

1. MichaelC.
    Oct 7, 2003
    I am sort of perplexed. I can't figure out why people love this game so much. Yeah, the story is ok, the fighting is mildly amusing, and the graphics in the cut-scenes are exceptional, but look at all the flaws. The fixed camera angles drive me nuts. The characters have a ton of detail, but they are set against these boring backgrounds that look dead and never-changing. Evidently I am sort of perplexed. I can't figure out why people love this game so much. Yeah, the story is ok, the fighting is mildly amusing, and the graphics in the cut-scenes are exceptional, but look at all the flaws. The fixed camera angles drive me nuts. The characters have a ton of detail, but they are set against these boring backgrounds that look dead and never-changing. Evidently I'm in the minority, but I'm going to have to say pass on this one. Expand
  2. EzagouriN.
    Jun 27, 2004
    At first, I thought the game sucked! I mean, the dialogs are laughable and it can get very freaking hard and congusing! But, after a while I started to thoroughly enjoy it! A good game.
  3. Uter
    Dec 25, 2003
    It's a nice port of a ps2 game, but i'm not sure i like the enhancements. enemies try to steal souls and when they do, they become freaking tough. it can be frustarating since enemies seem to have a better ability to get souls than you.

1. Capcom also wrecked the balance of the gameplay, making it a much more frustrating affair. [Spring 2002, p.86]
    Pay attention folks, THIS is how you make a "Special Edition."
    Seemingly hand-drawn backgrounds and marvelously manipulated characters leave surroundings oozing atmosphere from every pore...Macabre, yes, but magnificent as well.