GoldenEye: Rogue Agent Xbox

7.2

1. Steve
    Jan 10, 2005
    This game was not as good as the first and to short, loved the great new graphics and dual weilding weapons.
  2. J.S.
    Oct 20, 2005
    This game uses the same engine as 'Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter'. Mace was better all around though. In the scene where you shoot at Dr. No's plane you can never see it explode. After shooting it a couple times, you can only miss if you aim for your foot, the plane simply falls off the screen. WTF? Yes, you can weld two single hand weapons at the same time, however you can This game uses the same engine as 'Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter'. Mace was better all around though. In the scene where you shoot at Dr. No's plane you can never see it explode. After shooting it a couple times, you can only miss if you aim for your foot, the plane simply falls off the screen. WTF? Yes, you can weld two single hand weapons at the same time, however you can not put one down to throw a grenade until you use all the gun's ammo. Hint, aim for your foot :( I got this game for $0.99+s/h on ebay and it is still just plain bad. EA shame on you! Expand
  3. BobM.
    Feb 1, 2005
    This is a solid game but we've seen the same gameplay and grapghic year after year. If you want the newest bond then you will wont be angry its very fun and the newest.
  4. TomD.
    Jun 3, 2005
    simply spiffing.
  5. BlueFalcon
    Nov 25, 2004
    I've been a big fan of the previous 2 EA Bond titles, but what went wrong here? Even after reading some poor reviews, I still expected to enjoy GoldenEye a little. But it's just pathetically awful. Gameplay, story, controls, graphics, level goals, continuity... you name it, there's problems. It feels a lot like a cash in on the Goldeneye brand name. Spend as little money as I've been a big fan of the previous 2 EA Bond titles, but what went wrong here? Even after reading some poor reviews, I still expected to enjoy GoldenEye a little. But it's just pathetically awful. Gameplay, story, controls, graphics, level goals, continuity... you name it, there's problems. It feels a lot like a cash in on the Goldeneye brand name. Spend as little money as possible, use the most popular Bond game name in video game history, and watch the cash roll in. It's pretty sickening. Expand
  6. RikardN.
    Nov 24, 2004
    Awful crap.
  7. Jermoy
    Jan 9, 2005
    My biggest problem with this game is that you are not free to roam where you want. You are stuck going and doing what they want you to do. You do not have a jump button which is very annoying. The AI is random, sometimes it works very well, but for the most part it is too predictable. would not buy again.
  8. CamBarnette
    Nov 18, 2004
    Better Dual Weapons than Halo 2
  9. AdnoidH.
    Nov 23, 2004
    Awesome dual weapons.
  10. Bmw69wren
    Nov 28, 2004
    Double shooter done well, better Halo2..
  11. Kidflash
    Dec 5, 2004
    I think the reviews are wrong, this is an above average shooter. EVIL AI is superb, the dual weapons are even better than Halo 2. Long levels are wonderful to play. Multiplayer on XBox Live is a blast. I think it's one of the better console shooters and if you like FPS games, you must buy it.
  12. B-Rad
    Nov 25, 2006
    The game is pretty much the run of the mill fps, but with that said, it is still a lot of fun to play. I enjoyed the "goldeneye" aspect, being able to see through objects and so on. Although not a Halo type game, I enjoy it and would recommend buying it if you found it for a mere 6 bucks like I did.
  13. RichardR.
    Nov 23, 2004
    This game is horrible, the graphics are the worst I have ever seen in an x-box FPS (besides turok), and its simply no fun. Controls are decent (on par with halo and the standard dual anolog configurtion), but there is virtualy no strategy involved, the story is ridiculous, the characters are boric, the music is lame.. its just horrible.

#33 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Hell, you can't even choose which side to be on in team games. On the PS2, this is disappointing, but on the Xbox - where most games figured this stuff out over a year ago - it's inexcusable. [Jan 2005, p.100]
  2. AceGamez
    Then there's the mostly drab level design, the 'who cares' story and the often repetitive gameplay.
  3. Rogue Agent just isn't that fun of a game because of the somewhat sluggish gameplay, the lack of a real good story, and pretty average multiplayer.