Grand Theft Auto Double Pack Xbox

7.9

1. MarkH.
    Mar 7, 2004
    I'm sorry, but this is easily the most overrated game of all time. Everyone seems afraid to give it a score under 90. Sure the setting is cool, the map is big and its open ended, but doesn't anyone notice that it looks like a PS1 game, its difficult to control, and essentially a repetitive errand simulator?
  2. BenJ.
    Jan 15, 2004
    Agreed: it looks great, the game area is brilliantly designed and driving around is huge fun - but the second you choose a mission where you have to step out of the car you're blighted by a dreadful, akward control system and lousy enemy AI.
  3. BradD.
    Dec 20, 2003
    First off, yes this game is a port you idiots. Second, if you think this is improved from the POS (oops, i mean PS2) version you havent seen the PC version. I have the PS2 and PC and ive seen the xbox one and the PC kicks all those stupid console asses! Both games are two of the best games ever made but the PC just improves on them with things like a mouse, as many mp3s as you want, First off, yes this game is a port you idiots. Second, if you think this is improved from the POS (oops, i mean PS2) version you havent seen the PC version. I have the PS2 and PC and ive seen the xbox one and the PC kicks all those stupid console asses! Both games are two of the best games ever made but the PC just improves on them with things like a mouse, as many mp3s as you want, custom cars, custom maps, multiplay mods, and best of all better graphics! Expand
  4. Buried-In-The-box
    Aug 30, 2004
    These games, along with GTA SA are easily the most overrated games ever. If it weren't for the PS1 graphics, I could enjoy them more. The PS2 obviously is too under powered for games this big. Too bad they weren't made on Xbox first so at least the graphics could have been next-gen, along with the gameplay. I'll wait for Fable so I can do what I want in a beautiful world These games, along with GTA SA are easily the most overrated games ever. If it weren't for the PS1 graphics, I could enjoy them more. The PS2 obviously is too under powered for games this big. Too bad they weren't made on Xbox first so at least the graphics could have been next-gen, along with the gameplay. I'll wait for Fable so I can do what I want in a beautiful world where architects don't build buildings that pop-up out of the ground. Expand
  5. A.B.
    Nov 16, 2003
    The PC version of the game gets 10/10 for me, but the xbox version isn't quite up to scratch. The driving part is as good (if not better) than the PC, but the problem I had with the game was the aiming system. I like a good FPS (or TPS) game, but I find that they don't work too well on the console. Maybe that's just me though, but for this 9/10.
  6. JasonK.
    Dec 22, 2003
    Horrid port. The game freezes frequently, draw distances slowly become so close you can't see past your nose, and pedestrians quit talkling twelve minutes into the game. I owned three copies of this before I took it back for good, and no it was not my xbox causing the problems: all three titles did not work on EB's SAMSUNG Xbox that was brand spankin' new. Avoid this at all Horrid port. The game freezes frequently, draw distances slowly become so close you can't see past your nose, and pedestrians quit talkling twelve minutes into the game. I owned three copies of this before I took it back for good, and no it was not my xbox causing the problems: all three titles did not work on EB's SAMSUNG Xbox that was brand spankin' new. Avoid this at all costs, get the superior -working- versions of the game where you know for sure that they will work on the system you have. Expand
  7. S.W.
    Aug 13, 2004
    I'm giving a 5 because these games have crap graphics, boring missions, and walking/shooting is so damn awkward. GG

#7 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003
#10 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2003

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Both games' inherent brilliance remains intact. As playgrounds, they're marvelous. As experiences they're undeniably powerful. [Mar 2004, p.77]
  2. GTA's go-anywhere, do-anything gameplay design is something that truly shouldn't be missed by any gamer. The GTA Double Pack is a must-have for any console gamer.
    It's everything a videogame should be; innovative, compelling, challenging, long-lasting. And spiked with controversy and a wonderful wit, it's also something that so few videogames can ever be - cool.