8.6

1. Jul 11, 2013
    Holy I love this game I cant wait for the new one coming out and taking place in san andreas Omg.......This game is a masterpiece the cops are so fun to screw with as well. This is one of those hard games to come by these days when ever you can command gang members or your crew like socom it makes a great game.
  2. Mar 23, 2011
    Learn to fly Carl, learn to fly... Grove Street for life... The sunset as you drive that beat up old VW over the hill, the smell of burning weed filling your senses as you cruise to Freebird... Something special was injected into every copy of this game...
  3. Aug 29, 2011
    What is there to say? This game is a beast.
    Even today, the amount of content it offers rivals many full fledged releases- and much of it rates highly- perhaps not in finesse, but definitely in the fun factor. If you don't like the shooting, you'll probably like the driving, if you don't like the main missions: be a taxi driver, race motorbikes, put out fires, play dress-up...
    If you can't
    find something fun to do in GTA:SA, something's wrong. And not with the game.
    Fine, some of the controls are less than intuitive, some of the missions are pretty tedious, and Carl takes some getting used to. But it will be a long time before you can't just pick up this game, jack something fast, and feel like you're really going somewhere. And this transcends demographics- from hard-core gamers, to lazy stoners, this game has plenty of appeal.
    Impressive.
  4. Jun 12, 2011
    Another Nostalgic Review by Me. The Joy. Ok, so I first got this game at Christmas 2005, and almost spunked my prepubescent pants. I was 12, and this game is an 18; I know right, what were my parents thinking? Now I murder taxi drivers in my free time, and shout the word **** at the end of every sentence in every day speech. ****. Satire aside, GTA SA was the second GTA game that I had ever played; the first being GTA 3. The game is set in a fictional trio of cities (all of which I forgot) in which gang activity is rife. You take on the role of literary genius and ex gang member CJ, who gets thrown back into the world of gang violence the second he visits home for a funeral. The story see's CJ progress through some outrages missions and tasks as he rises from petty criminal to rich mass murder, and along the way, meeting a colourful cast of characters traditional to the GTA series. I must say, I liked CJ as a character, as he seemed like the only character who realised that everything in this gameworld is batshi* crazy. In addition to that, he isn't a monotonous hard nut that you would find in most action games today. Aside from the story, there are plenty of missions to do just for a giggle or two. One set of missions, which was my personally favourite see's you recreate Ocean's 11 in a much more brutish manner. Joy. These all add to the massive 25 hours of gameplay. Another gameplay element that make the game such mindless fun, is the vehicle handling (and what you can do with it, a little creativity, and some satchel charges). However, there are a few issues I take with the game; namely the control assignment. In a game where the difficulty curve gets quite steep in later missions, it helps to have a robust combat system that works. The auto aiming works perfectly well in this type of game, where there is just too much going on to have the ability to differentiate from a gangster and an assortment of explosions, fires and corpses et cetera; but why the fork would you assign the aiming button to that which is traditionally the button to shoot, and why would you then assign the button to shoot to a button on the d-pad, when the thumb that is used for this task, is needed elsewhere; Namely the right analogue stick, to navigate the camera, to make moving through the chaos easier. You don't even get the option to change the controls. Regardless, I finished the game and it's ending was very good. One of my favourite sandbox games of all time and definitely worth buying, even in it's old age. Expand
  5. Jun 29, 2013
    The best game of all time.
    It has everything.
    Very memorable and very fun, i would rather play it than most current games. There's so much to do and the radio stations are amazing. Much better than GTA 4
  6. Jun 12, 2014
    This game really brings back some good memories. What I liked the most about this game was that there was so much you were able to do. Like jetpacking around the city or, just going on a complete rampage against the cops. The graphics part of the game were basically amazing because it looked so real at the time and it looked like you were literally in an entire new world (which you kind of were in). It was by far one of the best in the GTA series, and if not the best. The newer ones like GTA5 are still really fun and amazing, and have a lot better graphics (At the time). But I still feel like San Andreas brought back better memories. This game was something very, very special. Expand
  7. Apr 16, 2013
    THE BEST GRAND THEFT AUTO GAME AND OPEN-WORLD GAME EVER EVEN WITH THE OUTDATED GRAPHICS A huge world THREE CITIES,TOWNS AND EVEN A TON OF COUNTRYSIDE IT'S ALSO FUNNY I got the XBOX Originals version and I think it's the best version way better than the PS2 version Get it on Xbox Live If You Have A 360 It's The Best Xbox Original.
  8. Jan 31, 2014
    Pros:

1. Lots of gameplay features in just one disc
    2. Very good radio stations
    3. A long and wet storyline
    4. One of the biggest maps in open world
    5. Lots of fun "odd jobs"

Cons:

1. Graphics are not standardized for 2005 (-1)
    2. Game gets boring when you finish the game (-1)
  9. Jul 27, 2014
    Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas takes the series to a whole new level. All of the missions are exciting and action packed and some are a bit more challenging. The characters are well done each with a unique personality. The biggest aspect of San Andreas is the amount of activities outside the missions. There are so many things to do like racing, buying new clothes and property, turf wars, and just exploring the entire state. It's impossible to get bored from this game even if you have it 100% complete. It was amazing when it came out, it's amazing now, and it will be as amazing in years to come. Expand

1. With its strong story, well-written dialogue, terrific voice cast, impressive graphics, and extremely entertaining and varied gameplay, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a stupendous thrill ride that shouldn't be missed.
  2. Another major failing of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas on the Xbox is the unnatural controller layout, and it's a fault that can't be too heavily attributed to the developers.
  3. But the move to Xbox feels like more of a formality-you don't really notice the slightly nicer environments, and if ever a game didn't need custom soundtracks, this is the one.