7.6

1. BlueFalcon
    Nov 6, 2004
    I'm a huge fighting game fan, and it's nice to see a title with something unique. It's 2d, but plays a little different than many other 2d fighters. But personally, I find the ultra Japanese style (read weird) a bit unappealing at times. If you don't mind androgenous men and ultra cutesy girl fighters, then add 1 point to this score.
  2. GuiltyGearFan
    Aug 13, 2004
    One of the best 2D fighting games, awesome soundtrack, was great on PS2 but its back with a new character and XBOX live support.
  3. CoffinSandman
    Oct 15, 2007
    While I only have the Japanese PSP version, I see no reason to doubt that this is just as good. Smooth, precise controls, addicting gameplay, great PSP graphix, and an awsome cast of characters. Forget Street Fighter, buy this now!

1. A 2D fighting game fan's dream come true. It's got all the flash and pizzazz of "Marvel vs. Capcom," the finely tuned balance of "Street Fighter," numerous unprecedented gameplay enhancements that push what we expect from the genre and some of the best hand-drawn graphics to ever grace a videogame.
  2. Xbox Nation Magazine
    And then there's Xbox Live play, which functions shockingly well under any circumstances. The game has singlehandedly shown the console world online fighting games need not be plageud with lag of the likes seen in "Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO." [Sept 2004, p.96]
  3. AceGamez
    What they've come up with in terms of gameplay is such immense fun that, when combined with the superlative visuals and rocking sounds, you can't help but shake your head and wonder where Guilty Gear X2 # Reload came from. It's like a bolt out of the blue!