Gun Xbox

7.8

1. ConstantineH.
    Dec 21, 2006
    This is a great game but I hope they make more western games.If you have played read dead revolver then you will like this game.It is a little bit short.I Have beaten the game a Like twice.Next I am going to play it on the psp.
  2. RoundMoon
    Sep 10, 2006
    It might not be an instant classic yet to this day I've never seen anything close to a wester movie like this game. The motion capture of animals, apaches and all in it is so realistic. The landscape gives you that western movie feeling, a sense of vast and freedom. An apache shot dropping dead from the side of his horse in slow motion during a quick draw shot it is a joy to see. It might not be an instant classic yet to this day I've never seen anything close to a wester movie like this game. The motion capture of animals, apaches and all in it is so realistic. The landscape gives you that western movie feeling, a sense of vast and freedom. An apache shot dropping dead from the side of his horse in slow motion during a quick draw shot it is a joy to see. There is much to value in the care taken to details. Can be improved for sure. There is no much strategy and it is pretty much straight forward and easy. On the other it is simply something fresh and new, well executed, unless u really hate western movies. Collapse
    Aug 16, 2006
    Overall a pretty fun game. Kept my interest from beginning to end. Interesting characters and a pretty good storyline. Graphics where above average. Major complaint was that the game was too short and I usually don't mind that, but this is the shortest game i have played to date. There are several side missions you can do to extend the game, but most are uninspired and repetative. Overall a pretty fun game. Kept my interest from beginning to end. Interesting characters and a pretty good storyline. Graphics where above average. Major complaint was that the game was too short and I usually don't mind that, but this is the shortest game i have played to date. There are several side missions you can do to extend the game, but most are uninspired and repetative. Also I found the enemy AI pretty predicatable and the Native yelling tiresome. Worth buying used (probably could rent it as I easily finished it in a week). Expand
  4. IamNlCK
    Jun 25, 2006
    The best thing about this game is the originality...A Clint Eastwood type western shooter. I can only think of one other western Ive played. It starts off being a lot of fun, with an interesting story, with easy to learn controls. After midpoint though, it starts to lose most of its charm and the missions become a little monotonous and chore-like. Overall though, a game worth buying from The best thing about this game is the originality...A Clint Eastwood type western shooter. I can only think of one other western Ive played. It starts off being a lot of fun, with an interesting story, with easy to learn controls. After midpoint though, it starts to lose most of its charm and the missions become a little monotonous and chore-like. Overall though, a game worth buying from the discount bin. Expand
  5. Josh
    Mar 14, 2006
    Good graphics and voice acting. Too short and the game wasn't challenging enough.
  6. PeteW.
    Mar 3, 2006
    Why has no-one thought of this before? Pretty much every boy/man wants to be a cowboy and this brings you vitrually close! It is a bit like GTA in terms of the format, but although lacking some the intricacies, depth and indeed length that made GTA truly great, that's not to say that it is not a great game and to be honest i enjoyed the gunplay more than that of GTA as it has a far Why has no-one thought of this before? Pretty much every boy/man wants to be a cowboy and this brings you vitrually close! It is a bit like GTA in terms of the format, but although lacking some the intricacies, depth and indeed length that made GTA truly great, that's not to say that it is not a great game and to be honest i enjoyed the gunplay more than that of GTA as it has a far superior aiming and shooting system. There's no feeling like wiping out three attacking bandits with your quickdraw without flinching - Clint style(manually aimed i might add - didn't use the autotarget/switching). I also think the horse control is spot on. The realism in movement is fantastic. If they'd put a bit more more detail in it, for me, it would blow GTA away! But then i'm just a sucker for westerns. Expand
  7. CoryK.
    Jan 29, 2006
    Neversoft's first non TH game is a success.....it successfully mixed the open ended gameplay of GTA with a Western background complete with hunting animals, jail breaks and a compelling story....too bad it can all be beaten in less than 8 hours!
  8. MichaelJ.
    Jan 24, 2006
    Great game...I am totally entertained..Beautiful graphics, great bloody battles(especially the ability to scalp your victims)..Been a while since I've enjoyed a game this much...awesome.
  9. TimB.
    Jan 8, 2006
    I thought this game was very fun. It had a good storyline, and the controls are very tight. My only complaint is the length.
  10. Nanokiwi
    Dec 19, 2005
    really fun and enjoyable, tight controls with refined and original gameplay - look forward to the sequel.
  11. DonN.
    Dec 7, 2005
    I think it's totally lame. For the system requirements and all the hype I expected a lot more. It's just a string of very average shooting episodes. Roaming? Why?
  12. DanielM.
    Nov 29, 2005
    It is a awesome game, I love the realistic sounds of the guns and the storyline is great. I recomend it.
  13. KarlK.
    Nov 28, 2005
    This is a fun game with a great story, but its a short game. I beet the game 100% in 2 days (on hard dificulty), after you finish it there is really nothing to do. With the Quickdraw attack in the game it is to easy to kill every enemy on the screen, its cheep, but fun to use. The game has a few problems, like enemies talking or telling stories after there dead and seeing ware a enemy is This is a fun game with a great story, but its a short game. I beet the game 100% in 2 days (on hard dificulty), after you finish it there is really nothing to do. With the Quickdraw attack in the game it is to easy to kill every enemy on the screen, its cheep, but fun to use. The game has a few problems, like enemies talking or telling stories after there dead and seeing ware a enemy is by his shadow because the shadow go's through some walls. Alot of the side quests were very easy and a little bit pointless. Boss battles were anoying, usheally they kill you in 2 hits and yet for some reason 25 headshots dosnt kill them. Play the game on hard or you'll beet it to fast. Rent it. Expand
  14. DanielD.
    Nov 19, 2005
    Murdeous "Preacher"? These game designers are hell-bound anti-Christs just looking for an excuse to make God look stupid by presenting a preacher in a bad light. Neversoft Entertainment go to hell!
  15. MikeL.
    Nov 17, 2005
    I have to agree with most of the reviews on here. It's not groundbreaking by any means, and I was expecting to see a lot more towns while going through it. But I must say I had a lot of fun playing this game. It's short, doesn't elicit a replay and has some shoddy textures and isn't the prettiest game I've seen. But I still found myself playing it all night I have to agree with most of the reviews on here. It's not groundbreaking by any means, and I was expecting to see a lot more towns while going through it. But I must say I had a lot of fun playing this game. It's short, doesn't elicit a replay and has some shoddy textures and isn't the prettiest game I've seen. But I still found myself playing it all night because the story was great, the shooting was fun (blood effects were very nice too), and the animations looked pretty spot on. All in all, a really fun game, but not worthy of a purchase. But rent it and you wont be disappointed. Expand
  16. WhyoY
    Nov 17, 2005
    Can nobody make a good western? Swing and miss on so many levels it's ridiculous.
  17. MortimerS.
    Nov 14, 2005
    This game is a true masterpiece! Thank you Neversoft for releasing this! Gun can not be compared to Red Dead Revolver. The two are similar in genre and little else. The animations in this game are spectacular, especially the horses. It is one of those rare titles that really shows the Xbox's prowess, making you wonder why the majority of them are so mediocre.
  18. WSN.
    Nov 12, 2005
    Gun is awesome! I really enjoyed the story and the gameplay is loads of fun. I would highly recommend this game.
  19. MichaelC.
    Nov 10, 2005
    Great game so much to do also this game has so much side stuff you be playing for weeks to come. if you like westerns this is it.
  20. FPSMaster
    Nov 9, 2005
    It's nothing more than Red Dead Revolver running on the open Tony Hawk's Smerican Wasteland engine. It's boring is what I'm getting at, and it looks as bad as the Tony Hawk games to boot. Stay away unless you want to play a mediocre game with that has the absolute most unthoughtout name ever.
  21. EricTC
    Nov 8, 2005
    Great Game! I got it today (11-8-05) and it is amazing. It is a must have for wild west lovers and GTA guys. The physics engine and fighting system are awesome. The ability to free roam the west provides so much replayability. Also, the voice acting is top notch and riding a horse is incredible. I strongly recommend GUN. Great job Neversoft!
  22. GregorydeBoer
    Oct 19, 2005
    It's the best game ever made.

Born on the Playstation 2, and it looks it. Muddy Textures, low detail. The large gameworld is technically impressive though.
  2. The majority of the game is one long gunfight, shifting between a traditional free-looking aim to lock-on, slow-mo shooting. It's good stuff, if you don't mind your foes acting like targets in a carnival game.
    If you want to compare GUN to GTA, it's fair to say that it doesn't reach the level of enjoyment found in the GTA games mainly because the missions push you forward a little too much and you don't get the chance to explore as much as you might want to do.