8.1

1. AdamL.
    Nov 29, 2005
    Online is awsome, but the 1 player lacks intrest, as well as the maps. belive me, if you don't have live, don't get it
  2. JoeM.
    Oct 6, 2005
    Multi-player Gold.
  3. FtzPronoMatser
    Jul 29, 2005
    This game is fun for some time, but not to special. The enemies are not very diverse and I have to push a lot of buttons. Maybe it goes better with an extra hand. My thumbs hurt also. The multiplayer is ok and configurable enough. Coagulation Ctf is very fun. I don't like the alien weapons very much, but you can take them out. They should've put an communicator with the game, so This game is fun for some time, but not to special. The enemies are not very diverse and I have to push a lot of buttons. Maybe it goes better with an extra hand. My thumbs hurt also. The multiplayer is ok and configurable enough. Coagulation Ctf is very fun. I don't like the alien weapons very much, but you can take them out. They should've put an communicator with the game, so everybody has one and can talk. Please more models and alien weapons that are less silly. Warthog and tank are nice. But I still rather play another world on the amiga. On the xbox I like the last Splinter cell and Ninja gaiden best. Maybe Ninja Gaiden is the best game on xbox, but mileage may vary. Expand
  4. Batman
    Aug 4, 2005
    Online Ranking System is the greatest...i only wish there were no cheaters.
  5. Dr.Worm
    Oct 11, 2006
    This and Halo 1 get everything about FPS gameplay right, but just doesn't do anything new and the characters are and story are pretty lame. To be honest, I HATE Master Chief and would rather play as Cortana.
  6. DK
    Dec 20, 2006
    Such a disappointment. They changed so much of what made Halo such a great game... WHY!? The developers themselves are disappointed with Halo 2. Hopefully they redeem themselves with Halo 3.
  7. Haloloser
    Oct 7, 2006
    The reason this game got a seven is because its single player is so bad the mulltipler is great the best ever but the single is just so bad that I would give this game a 7, multiplayer 10, single 5, and thats being generous.
  8. DanielP.
    Feb 8, 2006
    man this game is amaing. everythings all great. im glad the pistals got degraded, there were too many pistal *****s that gets me irritated. and the only shield thing is awesome, it makes the game more stressful and stuff so u dont go up to an hunter and start hitting him with ur pistal. the graphics are amazing. the dual wielding is awesome. the storyling is awesome too and leaves the man this game is amaing. everythings all great. im glad the pistals got degraded, there were too many pistal *****s that gets me irritated. and the only shield thing is awesome, it makes the game more stressful and stuff so u dont go up to an hunter and start hitting him with ur pistal. the graphics are amazing. the dual wielding is awesome. the storyling is awesome too and leaves the story in a suspense. u can destroy vehicles now and thers no missles in the banshee thank goodness and the rocket lanuncher is great its homing!!! the dual wielding is great too halo 2 is a gotta buy that is until halo3 comes out, believe me i read the story and from what i figured theres a halo4 coming out. Expand
  9. Ben
    Mar 15, 2006
    Are you kidding me, the whole point of halo2 is the multiplayer, it is so much fun online, the game is pretty much pointless without xbox live or multiplayer but that is the entire point.
  10. DavidH.
    Mar 29, 2006
    Although the single player campaign isn't quite as good as its prequel's - the story in particular veering wildly and ending far too abruptly - the improved physics and more tactile environment (principally the destructable vehicles) do make up for most of the shortcomings (as does one intriguing twist). However, what really gives it maximum scores is the simply spellbinding Although the single player campaign isn't quite as good as its prequel's - the story in particular veering wildly and ending far too abruptly - the improved physics and more tactile environment (principally the destructable vehicles) do make up for most of the shortcomings (as does one intriguing twist). However, what really gives it maximum scores is the simply spellbinding multiplayer. Expand
  11. JamesS.
    May 13, 2006
    VERY FUN GAME it is very fun and very interactive with the co-op, but still like hl2 better :P
  12. Exos1stWalker
    Jul 29, 2006
    First of all if you walked into a store and you saw Halo 2 and Half-life 2 on shelf and you never had any of them get Half-life 2. There's nothging next-gen about it but one thing. The graphics not so good. The storyline is more off an ass wipe. But the way it's put together is quite next gen indeed. The multiplayer is quite sexy indeed. Counter Strike is still better...
  13. JakeP.
    Jul 3, 2006
    Actually, my vote would be an 11, because this is my favourite videogame of all time.
  14. TimF.
    Aug 28, 2006
    The Best Game Ever. Not perfect (the campaign is very average and rubbish compared to halo 1) and a with slightly unoriginal plot Halo 2 does disappoint at times. Not in Multiplayer however, where it is actually perfect.
  15. TrevorH.
    Aug 4, 2006
    This game is the best game out there!! Some of you guys don't know what your talking about. Halo is the best. Awesome graphics, awesome games design, and its awesome online!!!
  16. GarryM.
    Oct 18, 2007
    Took an amazing game and improved on it in every way. Excellent story mode, full of variety. Unbelieveable online game, perfect multiplayer maps.
  17. DaltonH.
    Jan 4, 2007
    I really like the storyline in this game. This game is the best I have ever seen!
  18. DavidV.
    Oct 8, 2007
    Perhaps not as good as it's ground breaking predessecor, but it's still a lot of fun. The gameplay, graphics, and multiplayer are top notch but the story is a little shoddy compared to the orginal. Then again, it's tough being in the middle of the trilogy.
  19. OliverC.
    Jul 13, 2007
    Did the reviewers come up with their reviews for this game before it even came out? This game was a shameful sequel. The only welcome feature is the vehicle hijack. Despite how good it sounds, dual wielding is not a good feature, especially in multiplayer. It makes encounters really uneven. All this game does is make you want to go back to the original, and take out that pistol and blast Did the reviewers come up with their reviews for this game before it even came out? This game was a shameful sequel. The only welcome feature is the vehicle hijack. Despite how good it sounds, dual wielding is not a good feature, especially in multiplayer. It makes encounters really uneven. All this game does is make you want to go back to the original, and take out that pistol and blast away. I wont even talk about the single player. Collapse
  20. jjss
    Sep 20, 2007
    Greatest fps on a console...EVER. the single player was a little short and the ending was anticlimatic but MAN was it amazing while it lasted. then multiplayer...woo never got any sleep that year lol this game is a all time classic even better than the first.
  21. aaronb
    Apr 1, 2009
    it is high-detailed and has a really tremendous story. even the multiplayer mission mode is really good. and let's not forget all the bugs & bounces! this game is really worth playing!!!
  22. BendO.
    Nov 10, 2004
    This is gonna be the best best game of the year because everything is more advanced.
  23. GregD.
    Nov 10, 2004
    Wow, ok if you all hate the game so much, ill buy them all off you, then sell them on e-bay for $200. This game made $80,000,000 in two hours, Lets see the cool people who gave the game 0-5 ratings, create somthing like that. People spent thousands of working hours to make this game, deadlines, bugs, research, project costs, its not easy. So every time you give this game 0-5 just rember Wow, ok if you all hate the game so much, ill buy them all off you, then sell them on e-bay for $200. This game made $80,000,000 in two hours, Lets see the cool people who gave the game 0-5 ratings, create somthing like that. People spent thousands of working hours to make this game, deadlines, bugs, research, project costs, its not easy. So every time you give this game 0-5 just rember some poor guy or girl was up all night 7 days a week to make this thing, and i dont think they appreciate your ignorant opinon. Expand
  24. EdS.
    Nov 10, 2004
    Halo was a fun game. It balanced the elements well. The thing I feared most was that Bungie would try to make it "better" and make all kinds of changes. Halo 2 was an incremental step forward: nicer graphics, online play, and a couple of other enhancements. Initially I like it better than Halo (1) which I would have rated a 10. So a 10 it is for Halo 2. And for those of you malcontents Halo was a fun game. It balanced the elements well. The thing I feared most was that Bungie would try to make it "better" and make all kinds of changes. Halo 2 was an incremental step forward: nicer graphics, online play, and a couple of other enhancements. Initially I like it better than Halo (1) which I would have rated a 10. So a 10 it is for Halo 2. And for those of you malcontents who are comparing it the Half Life: at least we can play Halo 2. Can you play Half Life 2??? Expand
  25. RobM.
    Nov 10, 2004
    First of all, I can't believe they're 220 votes already up on this game which has been out for basically 24 hours. Secondly - I REALLY can't believe how utterly spoiled some y'all are for hating on this game. I've played this game for roughly 30 minutes, and I'm already dumbfounded how sick this game is. In the past 3 weeks I've picked up Mortal Kombat: First of all, I can't believe they're 220 votes already up on this game which has been out for basically 24 hours. Secondly - I REALLY can't believe how utterly spoiled some y'all are for hating on this game. I've played this game for roughly 30 minutes, and I'm already dumbfounded how sick this game is. In the past 3 weeks I've picked up Mortal Kombat: Deception, Dead Or Alive Ultamite, NBA 2005, and now Halo 2. Golden time for games and you ingrates who are knockin should appreciate it. Expand
  26. TinkReloaded
    Nov 11, 2004
    I didin't do any reading up on the game so I was surprised to have the multi-character game play and the depth of the story line. I haven't finished it yet, so I can only anticipate where it can go from here. I'm impressed by everything except the inability to use the mellee attack while holding two weapons.
  27. AngelicaJ.
    Nov 12, 2004
    This game is a great game and it will be a hit until furthermore. [Ed: until when?]
  28. DJBeanie
    Nov 10, 2004
    If you don't own an Xbox yet now would be reason to go out and get one. Even if it's the only game you'll ever buy it will be worth it. You better believe people will still be playing Halo 2 even with the Xuon (Xbox 2) having a few years into it's life cycle. Halo 2 is the first game ever to be deserving of a score higher than a 10.
  29. MARIO
    Nov 10, 2004
    To the people that are complaining about falling and not getting hurt he is in a futuristic suet and it properly has a suspense or some thing and so what if they took out the scope on the pistol you do not have scopes on pistol most of the time any way. And by giving up the scope on the pistol they but a scope on a futuristic m16. so if you have a problem with some thing I sad you can To the people that are complaining about falling and not getting hurt he is in a futuristic suet and it properly has a suspense or some thing and so what if they took out the scope on the pistol you do not have scopes on pistol most of the time any way. And by giving up the scope on the pistol they but a scope on a futuristic m16. so if you have a problem with some thing I sad you can kiss my fat Italian ass. Expand
  30. KingJustice
    Nov 10, 2004
    It's been worth the wait, it took me a hour just to open the plastic once i got it. hands down the best game in history. i could not have dreamed of a better game, xbox has clearly out boxed the other consoles with halo 2. it will be years before any consoles come with a game to match halo 2.
  31. Kyle
    Perfect.
  32. fe1i%T.
    Nov 8, 2004
    The game story line is awesome including al the new weapons enemys vehicles etc, etc, etc HAL@ 2 Beats All Games DOWN TO THE GROUND!
  33. JohnG.
    Nov 8, 2004
    Easily the best Xbox First Person Shooter ever created. It has more of everything, with great graphics and brilliant gameplay!
  34. RoyDM.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Great game multi is awsome graphics awsome everthing else awesome what else is thier to say. best console game ever
  35. JimboD.
    Oct 19, 2004
    One printed gold DVD has been stolen, ripped and is now available on warez-sites one month earlier. :/ That sucks.
  36. Anthony
    Nov 9, 2004
    Its awesome! Just as good as the first Halo. I love double weapons and picking up swords. Halo 2 is one of the best (or is) games ever! Buy it Now! you won't regret it.
  37. BitBurn
    Nov 9, 2004
    A little repetitive. Some improvement graphically. Solid multiplayer support. But overall it's pretty good.
  38. RooshiP.
    Nov 9, 2004
    how can u guyz not vote a 10 out of 10 on this game. it went past all my expectations. HALO 2 RULES!!!!
  39. DominicU.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Looks amasing new levels new wepons new vehicles new story line a must buy game.
    Oct 21, 2004
    This game rocks and yes I have played it.
  41. OPA
    Oct 25, 2004
    Halo 2 is soooo supahc00l... Yeah, they got duals in this one... Wooohoooo!
  42. JaceN.
    Nov 19, 2005
    I'm a much bigger Half-Life fan than Halo, but it is a good game. It deffenaly has on of (if not the) greatest vehicular combat in a FPS, and the multiplayer is great. But i'm more big on Long, Griping Single Players than Great Multiplayers. The single player thought short is fun, but has little replay value, and the story is intreaging. But where this gave is it's I'm a much bigger Half-Life fan than Halo, but it is a good game. It deffenaly has on of (if not the) greatest vehicular combat in a FPS, and the multiplayer is great. But i'm more big on Long, Griping Single Players than Great Multiplayers. The single player thought short is fun, but has little replay value, and the story is intreaging. But where this gave is it's multipalyer, it's worth getting the game just for that. I would recomend this game espasaly if you have Xbox Live. Expand
  43. ShaunM.
    Nov 5, 2005
    Most overrated game ever. If you want one of the best shooters ever, go seek out Doom, Quake II, or Perfect Dark. The only thing that keeps people playing it is the online competition... not the game itself. Any game could have done this had it been introduced in the same manner on a console with such wide online support.
  44. ChiwawaK.
    Jul 31, 2005
    It is the best game ive played on xbox halo 1 was the first game i played on the xbox and i loved it and this game suprises me again.
  45. Marshmallow
    Aug 17, 2005
    To be quite frank the game shouldn't be rated a highly as it is. There are some major glitches, cheaters and hackeres online and really crap respawn points. The gameplay doesn't really improve that much on the original.
  46. KevinM.
    Sep 12, 2005
    Just plain awesome. Cooperative is awsome, great new weapons, maps, multiplayer is awsome, dual wielding, its just an insanely fun game. There are a few things I dont like, such as 1 life in Legendary, but then again it makes it more challenging. Thanks Bungie for an awsome game.
  47. FredB.
    Oct 18, 2006
    Doesn't quite have the flair that the first game has but it's still a must have. The shooting is just as smooth as the first and introduces a cool new character.
  48. Itsy
    Oct 9, 2006
    Halo 1 was a blast, Halo 2 finished in a blink of an eye, I luv playin co-op campaign mode, it was a thrill in halo 1 but in Halo 2 it finished in a blink of an eye, plus u were used 2 it b4, da same aliens, nuthin new apart from 2 guns ability, also dey left out sum great halo 1 weapons!
  49. BillD.
    Mar 28, 2006
    I'm going to rate this the same way I rated Halo (6 this time though because at least it has Live capabilities). Overrated and actually just straight up boring. Good AI is the only saving grace because multiplayer is nowhere near as fun as everyone says. Play a PC shooter instead.
  50. SamF.
    Apr 25, 2006
    After waiting 2 years for this game to come out on the PC, I finally bought an XBOX and Halo2 . The game itself is not bad, it's gameplay is exactly like halo with the ability to Jack vehicles and duel wield weapons which are both pluses. Where the game fails is the story and the constant switching from Master chief to the covenant. Bungie could have made an easy nice story After waiting 2 years for this game to come out on the PC, I finally bought an XBOX and Halo2 . The game itself is not bad, it's gameplay is exactly like halo with the ability to Jack vehicles and duel wield weapons which are both pluses. Where the game fails is the story and the constant switching from Master chief to the covenant. Bungie could have made an easy nice story concerning Master Chief coming back to earth getting medals and having covenant attack earth after tracking him from halos destruction The game would focus on Fighting the covenant on the streets back on earth. With covenant taking hostages etc... and threatening cities with destruction. [***SPOILERS***] Instead you get a lame story that really makes no sense telling of the covenant problems back on another halo. I personally did not like the energy sword but the rest of the weapons were ok. As for graphics, some rooms are dark...took dark. it seems the complaints of the glowing rooms in halo made Bungie go too much the other way. In the sound area...there are really no complaints, Explosions and musics are great. So in the end this game is a shiny coated HALO With a few extras and a mixed up confusing story line. Expand
  51. GarryH.
    May 11, 2006
    Halo is just a cheap ripoff of half life the flood are just like the zombies and the game play trys to imitate half life but fails misarably. and halo 2 is just a quick rehash of halo 1 with litereally no additions.
  52. AamirM.
    Jun 12, 2006
    halo is an alright dunno why the hell its really popular even if its boring for the first half hour of playing because all you do is shoot shoot shoot and thats it. if you like half life 2 then dont play this.
  53. CiaranG.
    Jun 20, 2006
    A brilliant game. The storyline to the game is very good, the gameplay is challenging but fun and rewarding. The graphics are very good. The music and visuals are amazing and sometimes beautiful. Online play and 2-4 player multiplayer is lots and lots of fun and very addictive. There are no flaws in this game.
  54. BoBBoBBy
    Aug 7, 2006
    Once again as in Halo one the campaign mode SUCKS! But no other multiplayer game is better than Halo, not doubt!
  55. AndrewG.
    Feb 14, 2007
    I don't understand how anyone could say that Halo 2 online was bad - this was the best online game I ever played (save Counterstrike).
  56. AxelD.
    Jul 13, 2007
    I hate the online feature of this game to the full extent of the word...i only gave this game an 8 because of the extremely fun single player+cooperative play make this game worth having simply because of the storyline...little dissapointed because they took out my only weapons that i use...the pistol+scope and the assault rifle+nice big Covenant destroying clip...if you liked halo 1 then I hate the online feature of this game to the full extent of the word...i only gave this game an 8 because of the extremely fun single player+cooperative play make this game worth having simply because of the storyline...little dissapointed because they took out my only weapons that i use...the pistol+scope and the assault rifle+nice big Covenant destroying clip...if you liked halo 1 then this game is worth playing at least. Expand
  57. JackB.
    Jul 9, 2007
    I gave it an 8 because when you played as The Arbiter, you always had to fight the flood and they took the scope away on the pistol.
  58. BryanS.
    Sep 19, 2007
    While the story line of Halo 2 takes the series in a drastically convoluted, and (in my opinion) unwelcome direction, there is simply no denying the might of Halo 2's multiplayer. Virtually unrivaled by almost anything on the market, Halo 2 is numbered among my favorite games for its multiplayer component alone. Truly the stuff of dreams.
  59. ShutUp
    Sep 7, 2007
    All the people who vote this game below a ten is just stupid. This game is absolutley amazing and you cannot go wrong with it. Looking at some of these other geeks reviews I was just stunned about what these nerds said. I would love to see someone make a better shooting game than Halo. Its not possible. This is game sets a bar for what other shooting games should be aiming for.
  60. ErikS
    Nov 3, 2009
    9.5 I persanally halo 1 was really just an average game, except for multiplayer which me and my friends ocasionally pop in. Halo 2 though I loved mainly for duel weilding which is shallow I know but I just couldn't get enough of the SMG.
  61. messiah
    Oct 17, 2009
    wow...this game completely blew my mind. Not only did it deliver a intense campaign and an epic story line, but the muliplayer alone is worth buying the game. Take some advice from me: Messiah is a total jackass and you should not listen to him. This game is completely original.
  62. AB
    Nov 11, 2004
    This game is amazing. Jealous PS2 fanboys (like Kevin C.) may not think so, but it is.
  63. Halo2Combatiner
    Nov 11, 2004
    This is defintly the best game out there.The online graphics are incredible especialy when u blow up a veicle. I would recomend this for violent players ;)
  64. ChickenMouth
    Nov 11, 2004
    Crazy nice. a few things about it disappointed me. but still deserves more than a 9.
  65. GatorB.
    Nov 10, 2004
    Amazing online play. Zero lag after 20 matches. Hey, its Halo 2. Did you ever doubt it?
  66. GingerBreadMonkey
    Nov 10, 2004
    To be honest, this is the best console FPS ever made. Anyone who gives this game a low score is just plain nieve. It is brilliant. I am no fanboy, but christ I am becoming one. Bungie have excelled themselves by producing one of the most immersive games ever made. Take this with a grain of salt, multiplayer is great fun, but the single player experience blew me away. Halo2 has exceeded To be honest, this is the best console FPS ever made. Anyone who gives this game a low score is just plain nieve. It is brilliant. I am no fanboy, but christ I am becoming one. Bungie have excelled themselves by producing one of the most immersive games ever made. Take this with a grain of salt, multiplayer is great fun, but the single player experience blew me away. Halo2 has exceeded the hype by my accounts. Hype generally means the game is going to let you down, not with Halo2. You don't have to look at all the acclaim that game is getting to realise how good it is. All you have to do is play it. If you still think it is worth '0', then you should sell your xbox and become a moron. Expand
  67. Pancake
    Nov 11, 2004
    Are you all nuts there is no way this game should be below a 9.5 ever. the graphics are great and there are so many awesome weapons and gameplay is awesome.
  68. SpudShastings
    Nov 11, 2004
    There is no game out in the world better than this game. And that right there at the end of that sentence was a period. Period.
  69. StuM.
    Nov 12, 2004
    Fantastic game. But I do feel robbed in terms of visuals. Ramping up the resolution in cut-scenes and then popping back to a medium -low res in actual gameplay doesn't do it for me. Sound design is great but the music is, to be honest, bland, uninspiring and pretty predictable. This will play much better on it's PC release. A great game, but in no way what the Hype Machine predicted.
  70. SnapDragon
    Nov 12, 2004
    I've been a hardcore Halo 1 gamer for some time now, and I was immediately disappointed by the Halo 2 multiplayer experience. What happened to the pistol? Where does skill come in? Now it is almost entirely rapid fire weapons which take little to no skill to use effectively. The maps are asymmetrical and confusing, making CTF games and communication difficult. Not to mention there I've been a hardcore Halo 1 gamer for some time now, and I was immediately disappointed by the Halo 2 multiplayer experience. What happened to the pistol? Where does skill come in? Now it is almost entirely rapid fire weapons which take little to no skill to use effectively. The maps are asymmetrical and confusing, making CTF games and communication difficult. Not to mention there are practically no small maps like Wizard or Longest. And even the game interface lacks its old charm; quickly selecting a game and choosing profiles becomes tedious and time consuming. Halo 1 was simple but it had style. Why not just bring back Halo 1 with x-box live and more maps? The new weapons and enhanced graphics are great for single player, but when you finish the campaign what are you left with? Expand
  71. TomD.
    Nov 12, 2004
    The game is great but what happened to the game play in the trailers? Seems like they changed a lot, and is Sergeant Johnson alive again? The graphics are great, the sound is great, but the story line and ending have much to be desired.
  72. AkhilK.
    Nov 13, 2004
    THE BEST GAME EVER! I cant express this enough. Any gamer, casual and hardcore alike should be able to appreciate the awesomeness that is Halo2. The story touches you on every level. The best looking game even (espcially in High Def. Man oh man!) The multiplayer will hook you forever. The idea of stats on www.bungie.net is simply amazing. You can watch screenshots of the game you have EVERTHE BEST GAME EVER! I cant express this enough. Any gamer, casual and hardcore alike should be able to appreciate the awesomeness that is Halo2. The story touches you on every level. The best looking game even (espcially in High Def. Man oh man!) The multiplayer will hook you forever. The idea of stats on www.bungie.net is simply amazing. You can watch screenshots of the game you have EVER played! Please, go out and buy this game. For the sake of gaming in you all! Expand
  73. JasonB.
    Nov 13, 2004
    Not Perfect. Neither is god. What annoys me is all these people giving halo 2 bad scores because they think it makes them different, and sophisticated to dislike a great shoot 'em up. Play the game, and you will have a lot of fun. Believe the hype.
  74. Daz
    Nov 14, 2004
    Firstly the single player part of Halo 2 is fantastic. I've almost finished the game and it's taken me well over 10 hours on the normal setting (one particular checkpoint took me over one hour alone). The weapons, graphics, vehicles and baddies are all first rate. The online game is slightly different... There are 3 options for you to choose from:- 1. You can set up your own Firstly the single player part of Halo 2 is fantastic. I've almost finished the game and it's taken me well over 10 hours on the normal setting (one particular checkpoint took me over one hour alone). The weapons, graphics, vehicles and baddies are all first rate. The online game is slightly different... There are 3 options for you to choose from:- 1. You can set up your own game and invite your 'friends' to join you in a game that you make the rules for 2. You can join one of your 'friends' games 3. You can let bungie place you in a game where the the players are approx the same ability as you. My big criticism of this is that if you want to play quickly(and not particularly with friends) you choose option 3. These games are very good BUT after every game has finished you have to find another game which can take about 3 -4 minutes (or more). I think this is a lot of time to wait between games. I wish there was an option like on PGR2 where you can just join a random game set up by people who aren't your 'friend'. i enjoyed this in PGR2 as it meant that i was 'meetin' new people each time i played. I underestand why Bungie have set up the match maker games, but i do not wish to wait 3 -4 minutes to play a 5 - 10 minutes game. This takes some of the polish off a cracking game. Expand
  75. SeanS.
    Nov 16, 2004
    [***SPOILERS***] Okay, i may be the only one who says this, but i actually liked the ending. i liked the whole "empire strikes back" style cliffhanger that just leaves you feeling like you have unfinished business. think how weird you would feel if halo 2 actually provided you closure on the entire story. you'd feel cheated that one of the biggest stories since final fantasy vii had[***SPOILERS***] Okay, i may be the only one who says this, but i actually liked the ending. i liked the whole "empire strikes back" style cliffhanger that just leaves you feeling like you have unfinished business. think how weird you would feel if halo 2 actually provided you closure on the entire story. you'd feel cheated that one of the biggest stories since final fantasy vii had just been summed up in two discs and you had been left to enjoy multiplayer. also, i have to say that i WAS disappointed that certain things didn't make it into the game that were talked about. however, i am giving this game a 10 based on the game itself, not on what had been talked about ahead of time. if i was rating it based on expectations, i would have to give it something like a 13. as it is, it's still the best game out there. Expand
  76. ZachR
    Nov 16, 2004
    [***SPOILERS***] This is truly an amazing game. A step above Halo: Combat Evolved. Halo2 takes place after Halo: Combat Evolved. The Covonents are waging war with Earth on Earth. But wait, what is this? The Covenent have made another Halo? Commander Keys's daughter sees it herself. So many characters return, Master Cheif, Johnson, the Flood and Guilty Spark makes an apperance for us[***SPOILERS***] This is truly an amazing game. A step above Halo: Combat Evolved. Halo2 takes place after Halo: Combat Evolved. The Covonents are waging war with Earth on Earth. But wait, what is this? The Covenent have made another Halo? Commander Keys's daughter sees it herself. So many characters return, Master Cheif, Johnson, the Flood and Guilty Spark makes an apperance for us as well. So many secrets so this wonderful game. Graphics: 10/10 No question here. Bungie has worked 3 years on this masterpiece, alot has been put into improving already great graphics. Sound: 9/10 Bam! Bing! Zing! Every sound in this game is great. From the sound of a machine gun turret firing to the music, this game has it covered. Gameplay: 10/10 Best FPS ever? Possibly! It plays like HALO (thats a good thing). Overall: 10/10 HALO+cool new weapons, vechules and more+XBOX live+fantastic replay value+multiplayer= ONE OF THE GREATEST GAMES EVER! Zach's Official Score: 98 ---(scores are rounded to nearest whole number in individual ratings so a 9.5= a 10 and a 9.2 would be a 9) Expand
  77. LuisTrigo
    Nov 7, 2004
    All I know is that halo 2 has a great story line, and the ending is what made it priceless. I think ps2 sites like gamespot need to get a clue as well, I mean who gives a game a 9 on the graphics for the cinimatics when they give San Andreas a 10 when its probably the most crappy graphis I have ever seen. I am just glad this site has a good grip on what games are suppose to be rated. GO HALO 2!
  78. MichaelC.
    Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, some friends got a copy of this one early (legally of course)... So far I was only able to play the multiplayer portion of the game, but what I experienced was incredible. Improved graphics, sound, and environments are only the tip of the iceberg. With as skeptical as I usually am, I can whole-heartedly say that this part of the game is a tenfold improvement over the original. Throw Yeah, some friends got a copy of this one early (legally of course)... So far I was only able to play the multiplayer portion of the game, but what I experienced was incredible. Improved graphics, sound, and environments are only the tip of the iceberg. With as skeptical as I usually am, I can whole-heartedly say that this part of the game is a tenfold improvement over the original. Throw XBox Live functionality into the mix, and you have a multiplayer masterpiece. I really wanted to try out the single-player campaign, but I figured that I should wait until Tuesday when I grab my own copy and can really sit down with it. I did see it in action for a few minutes, and from what I saw and what people have told me about it, it appears to be just as mind-blowing as the multiplayer. Man, my grades are going to PLUMMET this semester!!! Expand
  79. MarkM.
    Oct 18, 2004
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
  80. AdamH.
    Nov 8, 2004
    The best game i have ever played.
  81. Nick
    Nov 9, 2004
    halo 1 was overrated. halo 2 is the game everyone said halo 1 was. easily best fps on xbox, but then it's supposed to be. story's very b-movie and i don't care for the characters one way or the other. solid title, but not the bext xbox game (i'd still put mechassault ahead of it). can't be compared to gta: san andreas, which is a superior gaming experience.
  82. TheGamer
    Nov 9, 2004
    Extremely overrated. This game dose not come close enough to all the hype. If this game completely sucked all the die hard fans would still give it a 10.
  83. MikeD.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Sweet sweet game i love it
  84. RandyM.
    Halo 2 will own you!!!!
  85. Daz
    Nov 9, 2004
    Nearly finished this beast of a game. Is it the best game ever? Well it just might be... I've been playing games since 1983 and the sinclair ZX spectrum (and yes the yanks will not have heard of that machine) and i can't remember enjoying playing a game so much. The elements that come together to make the single player are out of this world. The graphics, the vehicles (i LOVE Nearly finished this beast of a game. Is it the best game ever? Well it just might be... I've been playing games since 1983 and the sinclair ZX spectrum (and yes the yanks will not have heard of that machine) and i can't remember enjoying playing a game so much. The elements that come together to make the single player are out of this world. The graphics, the vehicles (i LOVE the ghosts), the music, the guns are all superb. I do have to add that there are not many games where i've stopped playing just to look around for 30 secs because its just so beautiful. To sum up...the best game ever - maybe. The best XBOX game - without a shadow of a doubt!!!! Expand
  86. MarlowD.
    Nov 9, 2004
    I was on the Beta for this game (safe to admit now it is released) and I have played this game for hundreds of hours. With regard to the reviewer who gave this game a 2... well, let me see There isn't much to do in the single player game, that is true... unless you count battling cunning, tough enemies of many, many types with a wide range of weapons, alien and human, each with I was on the Beta for this game (safe to admit now it is released) and I have played this game for hundreds of hours. With regard to the reviewer who gave this game a 2... well, let me see There isn't much to do in the single player game, that is true... unless you count battling cunning, tough enemies of many, many types with a wide range of weapons, alien and human, each with strengths and weakness which vary as they are combined, in different richly modelled vehicles and on foot, all through widely varying environments that include spaceships, the great outdoors and a great range of buildings. Oh, and you have to save the world. If that isn't enough for you, then, Sir, I take my hat off to you. This game would challenge any mere mortal, not only in terms of difficulty but in sheer scope. Were you playing the same game as me? Expand
  87. DanielL.
    Nov 9, 2004
    (9.9) Fable gets a 10. Well looks like 3-4 yrs of nothing but halo 2 and fable. Halo2=way better than my PS2's Killzone which was the only reason i got a PS2. Killzone is tons of fun but halo 2 is a WORLD of more fun. Anyone with the right mind knows this. Either that or their just a Xbox Hating PS2-Freak. For all the ppl who say Halo 2 should be on PS2 1. yeah the controllers are (9.9) Fable gets a 10. Well looks like 3-4 yrs of nothing but halo 2 and fable. Halo2=way better than my PS2's Killzone which was the only reason i got a PS2. Killzone is tons of fun but halo 2 is a WORLD of more fun. Anyone with the right mind knows this. Either that or their just a Xbox Hating PS2-Freak. For all the ppl who say Halo 2 should be on PS2 1. yeah the controllers are bigger. A.You will get used to it (Trust Me) and yes their are alot of buttons but your smart enuf to learn them. And i dont have to tap X 3 times to enter a vehicle. 2.Simply put, Why do u think sony is coming out with a PS3? HALO 2 ROCKS!!!!! THX BUNGIE Expand
  88. UlliJ.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Halo 2 will blow minds. This is the best game since LOZ: Ocarina of time.
  89. RyanVanN.
    Oct 31, 2004
    This game is awesome!!!!!
  90. OMARL.
    Aug 21, 2004
    WOW!!!!
  91. MikeA.
    Sep 12, 2005
    At first i didn't really like it that much, but once i got into it, now i think its the best game ever, but there could of been more maps and better weapons.
  92. JimR.
    Sep 17, 2005
    Now I do love halo 2, maybe more than the next guy. But it not even close to being like the first Halo. In the origanal you go through massave areas that are more nature with some buildings once in a while which gave it depth. In the 2nd halo you have it fliped. You get get the feeling that nature is taking over and it feels, dirty I gess is the bast way to explan it. Also in the first Now I do love halo 2, maybe more than the next guy. But it not even close to being like the first Halo. In the origanal you go through massave areas that are more nature with some buildings once in a while which gave it depth. In the 2nd halo you have it fliped. You get get the feeling that nature is taking over and it feels, dirty I gess is the bast way to explan it. Also in the first Halo every one LOVED the pistol. Not any more. The people at bungie tried replacing the pistol with the battle rifle, and it ended coming out not even close. In short you will have a lot of fun in halo 2 but the main game is just too short, and thoughs of us with out Xbox live (tear) will end up sitting, staring at the same levels over and over and over.... Expand
  93. MattV.
    Feb 28, 2006
    Halo 2 is an amazing game. The story line for it kinda sucks but who cares the multiplayer is awesome! Every Xbox owner should have this game.
  94. ChrisK.
    May 31, 2006
    Halo 2 action is nothing more than just like the original Halo. Constantly fighting and poorly told stories, but that's not what all the good ratings come in. Players who enjoy a good bashing will like this game. The feel for the weapons are amazing and that's pretty much it. Getting a sticky grenade onto your opponent from fifty feet away is a pretty damn good feeling. The Halo 2 action is nothing more than just like the original Halo. Constantly fighting and poorly told stories, but that's not what all the good ratings come in. Players who enjoy a good bashing will like this game. The feel for the weapons are amazing and that's pretty much it. Getting a sticky grenade onto your opponent from fifty feet away is a pretty damn good feeling. The reason for all those good ratings you see, aren't because the players overrate the game. It is because they enjoy it and Halo is quite fun. I do recommend this game to anyone who is not up to date and spoiled by next-generation graphics and visual effects. Expand
  95. AlecB.
    Sep 25, 2006
    X-Box was only created to play two games and that is Halo and Halo 2.
  96. Adrian
    Sep 18, 2007
    While the presentation, gameplay, and graphics technology definitely make Halo 2 a quality product, its poor storyline's execution and repetitive nature stop it from being truly outstanding.
  97. SanzeeBoy
    Jul 29, 2009
    Revolutionary and fantastic in every way possible. Only adds to the success of this wonderful franchise. It hurts me to see Messiah rating all the Xbox titles so low. I wonder why?
  98. GD
    Nov 11, 2004
    I loved the game. It blew my f..king mind. the only thing that pisses me off is that i beat the story mode in a day. Whatever though its still damn good i'd give it a 9.5. Probably a ten if the ending wasn't so damn pissant.
  99. CaoB.
    Nov 11, 2004
    It's the best game to come to the console ever and will be for years to come.
  100. MikeW.
    Nov 11, 2004
    This is by far the most overhyped game ever. First of all I wasn't a huge fan of the first game, it was bogged down by weak multiplayer, mediocre campaign mode, and an overall lack of style. It was a game that had so much potential but in the end fell flat on its face. Halo 2 is better, but only in little tiny technical ways. Graphics, sound, and enemy A.I. But the game has this if This is by far the most overhyped game ever. First of all I wasn't a huge fan of the first game, it was bogged down by weak multiplayer, mediocre campaign mode, and an overall lack of style. It was a game that had so much potential but in the end fell flat on its face. Halo 2 is better, but only in little tiny technical ways. Graphics, sound, and enemy A.I. But the game has this if it ain't broke don't fix it mentality to it. Only problem is it just blatantly overlooks problems from the first game. Though it isn't a complete waste, it has good enough core gameplay to make it worth buy. But if you want a mind blowing gaming experience go someplace else. Expand

1. Microsoft and Bungie have created a gigantic bell that sounds like thunder and reverberates with a fury worthy of a gale-force hurricane. It's not perfect, but get in front of it, and wonderful things - wonderful destructive things - are bound to happen. [Dec 2004, p.72]
  2. The digital surround sound is phenomenal (and the voice-acting peerless), and players with a good A/V system will enjoy hearing enemies approach from all sides due to the sharp positional sound.
    One of Halo 2 Online's best features - if not the best - is the statistics tracking system. [Online review]