Halo 2 Xbox

8.2

1. BazRam
    Jan 26, 2005
    Great game, best FPS out there...I am so tired of these jealous play station owners putting up bad reviews for this game...go and play GTA :)
  2. Ian
    Jan 30, 2005
    This game lived up to its expectations! This was a great game. For all the others reading the posts that give it a bad rating thats just their opinion. Halo is like trying a new food. You eitheir like it or you dont. So I suggest renting it first. But IMO (in my opinion) I would recommend it to anyone!
  3. JohnK.
    Jan 7, 2005
    Incredible Game. Worthy of all highest accolades!
  4. MikeT.
    Jan 8, 2005
    people who give this something not in the green. ie less than 8. are completely frikkin lame- im looking at u ps2 fanboys.
  5. LeoM.
    Feb 20, 2005
    More replay than any other game. didn't lose its roots from the original game.
  6. Z
    Feb 27, 2005
    If I could give the game a 9.9 I would, but 10 is close enough. No game in history can match Halo 2 in terms of graphics, sound effects, music, AI, gameplay or story. The greatest video games ever made. Period.
  7. WilhoH.
    Feb 7, 2005
    I have never been so addicted to a game. Simply Beautiful.
  8. LeftTrigger
    Apr 16, 2005
    When first halo came out, i didnt think it was a big game.But then it grew past my expectations by millions. When I first got my hands on halo 2 i was amazed. Many of my friends thought it was'nt as good as the first one, but after a month or so they thought it rulled. I think halo 2 is beyond any first person shooter, just for the sheer freedom to rome the land and do nothing but When first halo came out, i didnt think it was a big game.But then it grew past my expectations by millions. When I first got my hands on halo 2 i was amazed. Many of my friends thought it was'nt as good as the first one, but after a month or so they thought it rulled. I think halo 2 is beyond any first person shooter, just for the sheer freedom to rome the land and do nothing but find secrets. Halo 2 has alot more secrets and fun gliches than Halo, so I think halo 2 even beat halo expectations for the fans. Bunjee did extrealmly well and i think listened to the fans. If i could give it a 100 (rating) i would. Expand
  9. JeremiahH.
    May 3, 2005
    Halo and halo2 are both great games and halo3 will be even better.
  10. Pedro
    May 5, 2005
    Best F-N game EVER!!!
  11. CaptainM.
    May 7, 2005
    I think halo 2 is one of the most major games of all time. I'd like to comment though that over all I would like Halo 1 better, but Halo 2 has more and cooler features than Halo 1 like boarding vehicles or duel-wielding. Even though the campaign was good, i was still dissipointed by the end of it. The multiplayer is so cool, espesially on live! Oh, and if you play on live, my friends I think halo 2 is one of the most major games of all time. I'd like to comment though that over all I would like Halo 1 better, but Halo 2 has more and cooler features than Halo 1 like boarding vehicles or duel-wielding. Even though the campaign was good, i was still dissipointed by the end of it. The multiplayer is so cool, espesially on live! Oh, and if you play on live, my friends account is KILLWILL09. I didnt register for live but i sometimes play as a guest at his house. Anyways, I would recommend this game for those FPS lovers out there! Expand
  12. ChiwawaK.
    Jul 31, 2005
    It is the best game ive played on xbox halo 1 was the first game i played on the xbox and i loved it and this game suprises me again.
  13. FredB.
    Oct 18, 2006
    Doesn't quite have the flair that the first game has but it's still a must have. The shooting is just as smooth as the first and introduces a cool new character.
  14. CiaranG.
    Jun 20, 2006
    A brilliant game. The storyline to the game is very good, the gameplay is challenging but fun and rewarding. The graphics are very good. The music and visuals are amazing and sometimes beautiful. Online play and 2-4 player multiplayer is lots and lots of fun and very addictive. There are no flaws in this game.
  15. AndrewG.
    Feb 14, 2007
    I don't understand how anyone could say that Halo 2 online was bad - this was the best online game I ever played (save Counterstrike).
  16. ShutUp
    Sep 7, 2007
    All the people who vote this game below a ten is just stupid. This game is absolutley amazing and you cannot go wrong with it. Looking at some of these other geeks reviews I was just stunned about what these nerds said. I would love to see someone make a better shooting game than Halo. Its not possible. This is game sets a bar for what other shooting games should be aiming for.
  17. messiah
    Oct 17, 2009
    wow...this game completely blew my mind. Not only did it deliver a intense campaign and an epic story line, but the muliplayer alone is worth buying the game. Take some advice from me: Messiah is a total jackass and you should not listen to him. This game is completely original.
  18. StevyC.
    Nov 13, 2003
    Best game ever made.
  19. AB
    Nov 11, 2004
    This game is amazing. Jealous PS2 fanboys (like Kevin C.) may not think so, but it is.
  20. Halo2Combatiner
    Nov 11, 2004
    This is defintly the best game out there.The online graphics are incredible especialy when u blow up a veicle. I would recomend this for violent players ;)
  21. BrianK.
    Nov 11, 2004
    This game is easily the best game I have ever played!!!
  22. ChickenMouth
    Nov 11, 2004
    Crazy nice. a few things about it disappointed me. but still deserves more than a 9.
  23. GatorB.
    Nov 10, 2004
    Amazing online play. Zero lag after 20 matches. Hey, its Halo 2. Did you ever doubt it?
  24. GingerBreadMonkey
    Nov 10, 2004
    To be honest, this is the best console FPS ever made. Anyone who gives this game a low score is just plain nieve. It is brilliant. I am no fanboy, but christ I am becoming one. Bungie have excelled themselves by producing one of the most immersive games ever made. Take this with a grain of salt, multiplayer is great fun, but the single player experience blew me away. Halo2 has exceeded To be honest, this is the best console FPS ever made. Anyone who gives this game a low score is just plain nieve. It is brilliant. I am no fanboy, but christ I am becoming one. Bungie have excelled themselves by producing one of the most immersive games ever made. Take this with a grain of salt, multiplayer is great fun, but the single player experience blew me away. Halo2 has exceeded the hype by my accounts. Hype generally means the game is going to let you down, not with Halo2. You don't have to look at all the acclaim that game is getting to realise how good it is. All you have to do is play it. If you still think it is worth '0', then you should sell your xbox and become a moron. Expand
  25. Pancake
    Nov 11, 2004
    Are you all nuts there is no way this game should be below a 9.5 ever. the graphics are great and there are so many awesome weapons and gameplay is awesome.
  26. SpudShastings
    Nov 11, 2004
    There is no game out in the world better than this game. And that right there at the end of that sentence was a period. Period.
  27. Cyph
    Nov 10, 2004
    What I find funny are the people who review this game and say stuff like 'it sucked, xbox sucks'. It begs the question, if it sucks so much, why are you playing it? Personally, I think its a great game, excellent single player and crazy multiplayer. A must have.
  28. AkhilK.
    Nov 13, 2004
    THE BEST GAME EVER! I cant express this enough. Any gamer, casual and hardcore alike should be able to appreciate the awesomeness that is Halo2. The story touches you on every level. The best looking game even (espcially in High Def. Man oh man!) The multiplayer will hook you forever. The idea of stats on www.bungie.net is simply amazing. You can watch screenshots of the game you have EVERTHE BEST GAME EVER! I cant express this enough. Any gamer, casual and hardcore alike should be able to appreciate the awesomeness that is Halo2. The story touches you on every level. The best looking game even (espcially in High Def. Man oh man!) The multiplayer will hook you forever. The idea of stats on www.bungie.net is simply amazing. You can watch screenshots of the game you have EVER played! Please, go out and buy this game. For the sake of gaming in you all! Expand
  29. EvenaGrunt
    Nov 14, 2004
    I give this game a 10, even though, I the grunt die a lot in the game...the story is one of the best...the multiplayer is so fun...i played it on XBOX LIVE from 10pm-6:35am, im not kidding, metroid prime was really bad...the second one looks OK, but they say the multiplayer is supposed to be really good on GC online....o yea..they dont have such a thing...and that flopzone crap...that I give this game a 10, even though, I the grunt die a lot in the game...the story is one of the best...the multiplayer is so fun...i played it on XBOX LIVE from 10pm-6:35am, im not kidding, metroid prime was really bad...the second one looks OK, but they say the multiplayer is supposed to be really good on GC online....o yea..they dont have such a thing...and that flopzone crap...that game sucks...HALO 2 and HALF-LIFE 2 own...AAAHHH a Grenade! Expand
  30. Daz
    Nov 14, 2004
    Firstly the single player part of Halo 2 is fantastic. I've almost finished the game and it's taken me well over 10 hours on the normal setting (one particular checkpoint took me over one hour alone). The weapons, graphics, vehicles and baddies are all first rate. The online game is slightly different... There are 3 options for you to choose from:- 1. You can set up your own Firstly the single player part of Halo 2 is fantastic. I've almost finished the game and it's taken me well over 10 hours on the normal setting (one particular checkpoint took me over one hour alone). The weapons, graphics, vehicles and baddies are all first rate. The online game is slightly different... There are 3 options for you to choose from:- 1. You can set up your own game and invite your 'friends' to join you in a game that you make the rules for 2. You can join one of your 'friends' games 3. You can let bungie place you in a game where the the players are approx the same ability as you. My big criticism of this is that if you want to play quickly(and not particularly with friends) you choose option 3. These games are very good BUT after every game has finished you have to find another game which can take about 3 -4 minutes (or more). I think this is a lot of time to wait between games. I wish there was an option like on PGR2 where you can just join a random game set up by people who aren't your 'friend'. i enjoyed this in PGR2 as it meant that i was 'meetin' new people each time i played. I underestand why Bungie have set up the match maker games, but i do not wish to wait 3 -4 minutes to play a 5 - 10 minutes game. This takes some of the polish off a cracking game. Expand
  31. R.Doyle
    Nov 15, 2004
    I am sick and tired of hearing people put this game down. PC and console gamers alike, now hear this. HALO is the greatest FPS game ever. Why? Simply for the fact that NO game has matched the level of A.I. that Halo has. Bungie purposely made Halo 2 easier on Normal mode than the original Halo. They also purposely made Heroic & Legendary more difficult than the first Halo. - Halo 2 also I am sick and tired of hearing people put this game down. PC and console gamers alike, now hear this. HALO is the greatest FPS game ever. Why? Simply for the fact that NO game has matched the level of A.I. that Halo has. Bungie purposely made Halo 2 easier on Normal mode than the original Halo. They also purposely made Heroic & Legendary more difficult than the first Halo. - Halo 2 also offers hi-res graphics, excellent sound and a compelling story. On top of it all, they are dealing with a base model machine and their output is on a 640x480 television. So, remember the days when the PC only had 640x480? The games looked like hell. So all you nay-sayers can kiss Bungie's proverbial A$$. Halo 2 Rocks! Expand
  32. SeanS.
    Nov 16, 2004
    [***SPOILERS***] Okay, i may be the only one who says this, but i actually liked the ending. i liked the whole "empire strikes back" style cliffhanger that just leaves you feeling like you have unfinished business. think how weird you would feel if halo 2 actually provided you closure on the entire story. you'd feel cheated that one of the biggest stories since final fantasy vii had[***SPOILERS***] Okay, i may be the only one who says this, but i actually liked the ending. i liked the whole "empire strikes back" style cliffhanger that just leaves you feeling like you have unfinished business. think how weird you would feel if halo 2 actually provided you closure on the entire story. you'd feel cheated that one of the biggest stories since final fantasy vii had just been summed up in two discs and you had been left to enjoy multiplayer. also, i have to say that i WAS disappointed that certain things didn't make it into the game that were talked about. however, i am giving this game a 10 based on the game itself, not on what had been talked about ahead of time. if i was rating it based on expectations, i would have to give it something like a 13. as it is, it's still the best game out there. Expand
  33. ZachR
    Nov 16, 2004
    [***SPOILERS***] This is truly an amazing game. A step above Halo: Combat Evolved. Halo2 takes place after Halo: Combat Evolved. The Covonents are waging war with Earth on Earth. But wait, what is this? The Covenent have made another Halo? Commander Keys's daughter sees it herself. So many characters return, Master Cheif, Johnson, the Flood and Guilty Spark makes an apperance for us[***SPOILERS***] This is truly an amazing game. A step above Halo: Combat Evolved. Halo2 takes place after Halo: Combat Evolved. The Covonents are waging war with Earth on Earth. But wait, what is this? The Covenent have made another Halo? Commander Keys's daughter sees it herself. So many characters return, Master Cheif, Johnson, the Flood and Guilty Spark makes an apperance for us as well. So many secrets so this wonderful game. Graphics: 10/10 No question here. Bungie has worked 3 years on this masterpiece, alot has been put into improving already great graphics. Sound: 9/10 Bam! Bing! Zing! Every sound in this game is great. From the sound of a machine gun turret firing to the music, this game has it covered. Gameplay: 10/10 Best FPS ever? Possibly! It plays like HALO (thats a good thing). Overall: 10/10 HALO+cool new weapons, vechules and more+XBOX live+fantastic replay value+multiplayer= ONE OF THE GREATEST GAMES EVER! Zach's Official Score: 98 ---(scores are rounded to nearest whole number in individual ratings so a 9.5= a 10 and a 9.2 would be a 9) Expand
  34. PriscillaS.
    Nov 16, 2004
    This game rocks. IMHO, it offers the best FPS experience to date. The reviewer from Cinescape is obviously unqualified for the job.
  35. EvanC.
    Nov 17, 2004
    Awesome! This game... goes beyond the reaches of space. (no pun intended) Definitely one of the best games I've played in my 7 years of gaming... Even better than the first 1000000/10
  36. ZakneomSpartax
    Nov 17, 2004
    I passed all level of Halo 1, and for me Halo 1 was the best game on Xbox, but now a new game is number one. Halo 2 is the perfect sequel of Halo 1. I passed the level easy and normal of the Halo 2 and its awesome. Watch out xbox live!!
  37. BenL.
    Nov 18, 2004
    Incredible Game.
  38. JohnH.
    Nov 19, 2004
    I think that this game is the best 1st person shooter since goldeneye on the nintendo 64. I have never been so impressed with the quality of design in my life. GET 'ER DONE!
  39. AndresM.
    Nov 19, 2004
    A great game, don't miss it!!!
  40. Daniel
    Nov 20, 2004
    HALO.When the word first hits you, the definition of absolute classic comes into mind but now Bungie have come up with a new definiton.Greatest xbox game ever to have been released.Halo 1 was awesome but Halo2 has beaten it in every way.Flawless,if not perfect execution and well worth the wait.what made it even better is new graphics,dual weapon wielding and energy sword.There could never HALO.When the word first hits you, the definition of absolute classic comes into mind but now Bungie have come up with a new definiton.Greatest xbox game ever to have been released.Halo 1 was awesome but Halo2 has beaten it in every way.Flawless,if not perfect execution and well worth the wait.what made it even better is new graphics,dual weapon wielding and energy sword.There could never have been a better sequel.A high 10 but the rating option doesn't go any higher.My favorite game.Keep it up guys!!! Expand
  41. Mr.Chicken
    Nov 20, 2004
    The first Halo is still one of the greatest games ever and Halo 2 improves on it in nearly every category. Don't miss it.
  42. TomA.
    Nov 24, 2004
    WOW, This amazing game has lived up to all expectations, anyone rating this any lower than 8 must have a serious problem. What a bombshell, The Arbiter is a playable character. The storyline is ace, I thought the graphics were spot on, the only criticism I could give would be its rather easy, evn on Herioc, but this is cancelled out by its amazing and in depth multiplayer modes. WOW!
  43. Rav
    Nov 25, 2004
    There are so many Gamecube lovers out there who have given this game a bad rating. GC owners, i wonder if u have an internet connection, b/c halo 2 on xboxlive is the best thing ever. Friends and internet connection, if u dont have either that probably why you have a gamecube. Halo 2 is simply amazing, game of the year...easily.
  44. TorH.
    Nov 29, 2004
    This is the best damn game to come out for the XBOX since the first Halo! So to all you haters out there...there must be something wrong with you...because the campaign alone is amazing...the multiplayer on XBOX Live is undescribable it's so awesome...
  45. BobM.
    Nov 4, 2004
    IT ROCKS!
  46. DanJ.
    Nov 4, 2004
    Best game eva!!! Bungie kicks ass.
  47. RichardT.
    Nov 6, 2004
    This game will be the benchmark for ALL 2nd generation X Box (or PS2) games. I have seen nothing else that comes close to delivering what this game will.
  48. LuisTrigo
    Nov 7, 2004
    All I know is that halo 2 has a great story line, and the ending is what made it priceless. I think ps2 sites like gamespot need to get a clue as well, I mean who gives a game a 9 on the graphics for the cinimatics when they give San Andreas a 10 when its probably the most crappy graphis I have ever seen. I am just glad this site has a good grip on what games are suppose to be rated. GO HALO 2!
  49. MichaelC.
    Nov 8, 2004
    Yeah, some friends got a copy of this one early (legally of course)... So far I was only able to play the multiplayer portion of the game, but what I experienced was incredible. Improved graphics, sound, and environments are only the tip of the iceberg. With as skeptical as I usually am, I can whole-heartedly say that this part of the game is a tenfold improvement over the original. Throw Yeah, some friends got a copy of this one early (legally of course)... So far I was only able to play the multiplayer portion of the game, but what I experienced was incredible. Improved graphics, sound, and environments are only the tip of the iceberg. With as skeptical as I usually am, I can whole-heartedly say that this part of the game is a tenfold improvement over the original. Throw XBox Live functionality into the mix, and you have a multiplayer masterpiece. I really wanted to try out the single-player campaign, but I figured that I should wait until Tuesday when I grab my own copy and can really sit down with it. I did see it in action for a few minutes, and from what I saw and what people have told me about it, it appears to be just as mind-blowing as the multiplayer. Man, my grades are going to PLUMMET this semester!!! Expand
  50. MarkM.
    Oct 18, 2004
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!
  51. JamesM.
    Nov 8, 2004
    The penultimute [Ed: huh?] gaming experience on any platform.
  52. AdamH.
    Nov 8, 2004
    The best game i have ever played.
  53. MikeD.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Sweet sweet game i love it
  54. JeffA.
    Nov 9, 2004
    To say the graphics, sound, controls and storyline are superb is an understatement. Halo 2 is by far the best video game on any platform. Peroid. Bungie spent three years and 6000 making this game...and it shows.
  55. Daz
    Nov 9, 2004
    Nearly finished this beast of a game. Is it the best game ever? Well it just might be... I've been playing games since 1983 and the sinclair ZX spectrum (and yes the yanks will not have heard of that machine) and i can't remember enjoying playing a game so much. The elements that come together to make the single player are out of this world. The graphics, the vehicles (i LOVE Nearly finished this beast of a game. Is it the best game ever? Well it just might be... I've been playing games since 1983 and the sinclair ZX spectrum (and yes the yanks will not have heard of that machine) and i can't remember enjoying playing a game so much. The elements that come together to make the single player are out of this world. The graphics, the vehicles (i LOVE the ghosts), the music, the guns are all superb. I do have to add that there are not many games where i've stopped playing just to look around for 30 secs because its just so beautiful. To sum up...the best game ever - maybe. The best XBOX game - without a shadow of a doubt!!!! Expand
  56. MickT.
    Nov 9, 2004
    Without a doubt the best shooter devised by man, top notch graphics, excellent gamesply and a killer story to boot. Online gripe is with somewhat dodgy cutscenes.
  57. MarlowD.
    Nov 9, 2004
    I was on the Beta for this game (safe to admit now it is released) and I have played this game for hundreds of hours. With regard to the reviewer who gave this game a 2... well, let me see There isn't much to do in the single player game, that is true... unless you count battling cunning, tough enemies of many, many types with a wide range of weapons, alien and human, each with I was on the Beta for this game (safe to admit now it is released) and I have played this game for hundreds of hours. With regard to the reviewer who gave this game a 2... well, let me see There isn't much to do in the single player game, that is true... unless you count battling cunning, tough enemies of many, many types with a wide range of weapons, alien and human, each with strengths and weakness which vary as they are combined, in different richly modelled vehicles and on foot, all through widely varying environments that include spaceships, the great outdoors and a great range of buildings. Oh, and you have to save the world. If that isn't enough for you, then, Sir, I take my hat off to you. This game would challenge any mere mortal, not only in terms of difficulty but in sheer scope. Were you playing the same game as me? Expand
  58. J2DaZ
    Nov 9, 2004
    How come the Euro reviews are the lowest for Halo 2? Just curious. Fantastic game! XBOX Live, WHOOO!
  59. AustinR.
    Dec 13, 2004
    Hands down, the most legendary game in history!
  60. BobJ.
    Dec 16, 2004
    Best game period.
  61. ZackJ
    Dec 27, 2004
    I think is game is awesome 'cause of the double wield weapons. I think one of the flaws was that the life meter is now harder to see, but the shield is better. I really don't like the grenades; they are too weak. This game owns ''Mech Assault 2 : Lone Wolf''.
  62. UlliJ.
    Oct 29, 2004
    Halo 2 will blow minds. This is the best game since LOZ: Ocarina of time.
  63. RyanVanN.
    Oct 31, 2004
    This game is awesome!!!!!
  64. KenE.
    May 19, 2004
    The rating scale is maxed out at 10!! What the f**k!! Halo 2 has an all new graphics engine and basically all the problems from the first have been corrected and with the inclusion of xbox live Halo 2 = Winning every single game award imagineable!! What's this about Killzone on PS2 being the Halo killer?! Bring it on Sony.
  65. OMARL.
    Aug 21, 2004
    WOW!!!!
  66. ChristinaN.
    Jan 13, 2005
    This is the best game ever made.
  67. JEmMYK.
    Jan 16, 2005
    Sweet game.
  68. DanL.
    Jan 19, 2005
    Simply the best game on the xbox.
  69. Jake
    Jan 27, 2005
    Pretty sure it is one of the best games ever.
  70. JordanH.
    Apr 11, 2005
    Crazy awesome.
  71. MystaKool
    Apr 19, 2005
    I'm giving Halo 2 a 10 out of 10, simply because it's the first game since I was about twelve years old that has kept me home, in front of the tube, controller in hand, for hours at a time (I'm 25 now). Honestly, I cannot say much for the campaign mode, because I've not played it all too much, but let me just say that multiplayer mode, Xbox live style, is absolutely I'm giving Halo 2 a 10 out of 10, simply because it's the first game since I was about twelve years old that has kept me home, in front of the tube, controller in hand, for hours at a time (I'm 25 now). Honestly, I cannot say much for the campaign mode, because I've not played it all too much, but let me just say that multiplayer mode, Xbox live style, is absolutely brilliant. I've read through the reviews here and I've noticed that alot of people are saying "Oh, there's no skill involved", or "It's a run-n-gun game" or "You just circle each other with dual SMG's", but the beauty of this game is that you can play it any way you like. Yes, you can run around and shoot at everything that moves, or you can get into circle-strafes with opponents, etc., but you can also situate yourself in a key position, and wait to strike. You can crawl around, under the eye of the radar, and sneak up behind a sniper (or anyone), you can zoom in with your scope and find out where your enemies are. You can ambush your opponents, or attack from above. You can bounce grenades around corners, you can snipe, you can drive vehicles. The gameplay is so involved and dynamic. Best part, you can play on a team, and can communicate with your teammates via the xbox communicator headset. "Hey, watch out, he's behind you!" or, "The bomb's up in the tower, watch for the turret" or "He's hiding around the corner with the shotgun" - All of you who are giving this game a low rating are simply not taking the time to appreciate its subtleties. Yes, there are alot of younger people who play this game, but that's no reason to stray from it. Kids like video games! Why wouldn't they? Kids like GAMES! I think it's fine to play online against anyone, and chances are, those young kids are going to take you to the cleaners. It's a great game! If you don't have it, get it! And for those of you who balk at the "lack of skill required" - let me show you the skills required - send me a friend invite so I can ..what do they call it...pwn...you? Expand
  72. VladmirB.
    Apr 19, 2005
    I enjoy this game very much. It has forced me to have very big excrements when I am killed. Unfortunately, I cannot enter in bathing quickly enough, and frequently times are compelled to get in failure on my couch. You cannot receive human expenditure (waste products) from a leather(skin). I tried unsucessfully many times. I shall contact with Bungie.net to my account (bill) of clearing. I enjoy this game very much. It has forced me to have very big excrements when I am killed. Unfortunately, I cannot enter in bathing quickly enough, and frequently times are compelled to get in failure on my couch. You cannot receive human expenditure (waste products) from a leather(skin). I tried unsucessfully many times. I shall contact with Bungie.net to my account (bill) of clearing. Why they would do(make) video game which is so difficult to remove me from? I play this game constantly, without rest, before my crash of a body (body). Awakening from the miss(passing) to find my trousers polluted, and my dead head of the owner (master), is very unpleasant really!! Expand
  73. AkiraBlue
    May 19, 2005
    I enjoy halo 2 alot because it take more than skills to play this game. It also relies on team work and tactics. In addition it has alittle of realism integrated with sci-fi.
  74. MattV.
    Feb 28, 2006
    Halo 2 is an amazing game. The story line for it kinda sucks but who cares the multiplayer is awesome! Every Xbox owner should have this game.
  75. AlecB.
    Sep 25, 2006
    X-Box was only created to play two games and that is Halo and Halo 2.
  76. SanzeeBoy
    Jul 29, 2009
    Revolutionary and fantastic in every way possible. Only adds to the success of this wonderful franchise. It hurts me to see Messiah rating all the Xbox titles so low. I wonder why?
  77. CaoB.
    Nov 11, 2004
    It's the best game to come to the console ever and will be for years to come.
  78. BradS.
    Nov 11, 2004
    The genious of this game doesn't lie within its brilliant single-player campaign. Or its breathless Multiplayer modes. It lies within all of us. Who somehow feel that playing this game makes us better. Bungie has made the game of Halo into a world phenomenon for many years to come.
  79. EddieP.
    Nov 13, 2004
    This game is f...king great man to all those that gave this game a low score must be on something other than drugs or sniffing something other than crack. I like the way you use the guns in this one I wish they had it where you could switch to your other gun with out having to drop the two guns in your hand other then that this game is great I can't wait for part 3 to come out.
  80. KirkD.
    Nov 13, 2004
    The incredible thing about Halo 2 is well....everything. The game just consumes you throughout every aspect. I wasnt disappointed with the length of the game only because it was so good that I am willing to go back and play it again and again. Also it is the best multiplayer game I have ever played. The online is just incredible and it is just plain fun to play period. Even though I am The incredible thing about Halo 2 is well....everything. The game just consumes you throughout every aspect. I wasnt disappointed with the length of the game only because it was so good that I am willing to go back and play it again and again. Also it is the best multiplayer game I have ever played. The online is just incredible and it is just plain fun to play period. Even though I am already itching for Halo 3, Im sure ill be just fine with this until the day comes. This is one for the ages. Expand
  81. GabeY.
    Nov 13, 2004
    This game is AWESOME!!!! Just playing it for a couple hours at my friends house made me addicted. Much harder than the first, but using the duel wield kicks ass!
  82. CameronS.
    Nov 14, 2004
    Best Game Ever. Bettered Halo in most repects, but the melee attacks are not as fluid as before in the combat, and its too damn short. Also Bungie offered so many more vehicles than what they gave. Great fun, but I think perfection will wait for Halo 3.
  83. DeeToo
    Nov 14, 2004
    Not perfect, but brilliant and with a wildly imaginative story. IMO, one of the great sequals in entertainment history. Kudos to Bungie for pushing the boundaries of what is possible and yet also retaining the distinctive character of the original HALO. Yes, I agree there are some technical glitches, etc., but there are moments in this game that I can't get out of my mind and Not perfect, but brilliant and with a wildly imaginative story. IMO, one of the great sequals in entertainment history. Kudos to Bungie for pushing the boundaries of what is possible and yet also retaining the distinctive character of the original HALO. Yes, I agree there are some technical glitches, etc., but there are moments in this game that I can't get out of my mind and can't wait to encounter again. As good as THE CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK, BUTCHER BAY looked, HALO 2 is ten times more addictive and incredibly fun to play. Expand
  84. Michael
    Best game out for Xbox.
  85. Niko
    Nov 21, 2004
    Veri kuud keim. kuud kraphiks änd saunds änd multipleier änd tms.
  86. ZakA.
    Nov 21, 2004
    One if not da sickest game eva.
  87. StephenS.
    Nov 23, 2004
    It lived up to expectations with a more frentic and less repetitive single player. LIVE plays as good as it gets and the MP maps are a must!
  88. CameronE.
    Dec 15, 2004
    Halo 2 is a great game. yes you should buy it for your self, a friend or for your kid/kids.
  89. PerryL.
    Dec 15, 2004
    I am sure most of the people who have rated this game are PS2 people, this game is amazing and definitely worth buying if you like FPS.
  90. BobG.
    Dec 26, 2004
    One of the best game eva. cant be one of the classic though like the original halo. And it doesnt have that halo feeling anymore. It has the I want to kik alien ass all the way to their galaxy feeling. Still good though.The reason I gave it a 10 becuz it has new weapons, and some of the old ones got upgraded like rocketluancher and other stuff other then the pistol a.k.a magumn, newOne of the best game eva. cant be one of the classic though like the original halo. And it doesnt have that halo feeling anymore. It has the I want to kik alien ass all the way to their galaxy feeling. Still good though.The reason I gave it a 10 becuz it has new weapons, and some of the old ones got upgraded like rocketluancher and other stuff other then the pistol a.k.a magumn, new veichles like the new warthog and FINALLY u could use the wraith. I could go on for days of how this game rox but i leave it short. masterchief would need a weapon for halo3 i dont disappoint me BUNGIE!!! Expand
  91. JeffP.
    Dec 31, 2004
    it is the best graphic i have seen since halo 1 and i know what i am saying when i say Halo 2 is the best game off the year and just might be for many more.
  92. JS
    Dec 16, 2009
    Amazing game. Possibly the best of the Halo series. A huge step forward from the drool that was Halo 1. The storyline was great, the comparison is unfathomable... No storyline to spectacular storyline. The graphics, a huge step forward from Halo 1; the gameplay was immensely improved from the old bare-bones format. Overall, a masterpiece of a game. How did this come out of Halo 1's Amazing game. Possibly the best of the Halo series. A huge step forward from the drool that was Halo 1. The storyline was great, the comparison is unfathomable... No storyline to spectacular storyline. The graphics, a huge step forward from Halo 1; the gameplay was immensely improved from the old bare-bones format. Overall, a masterpiece of a game. How did this come out of Halo 1's mediocrity? Oh, massive budget from previous game's advertising campaign. The people who didn't like this were just upset about a character change for 2 levels, and the fact that one of their favorite guns was 'nerfed'. I, for one, suggest the gamey gamers go back to Atari. Expand
  93. Dec 4, 2012
    A top 5 game of all time for me. I could play this for hours and I would never get tired of it. Even if I got hungry and weak, I wouldn't find a faullt with this game. It's revolutionary. It's just one of those "perfect" games.
  94. Dec 11, 2010
    It's hard to believe you could improve in anyway on the first, but they did! recommend playing this one after playing the first though. The game continues on the story of the original game and adds cool key things in the game like new weapons and the feature of dual wielding which was a great feature added in. Definitely a BUY.
  95. Nov 27, 2010
    Halo 2 is an excellent game. It's not quite as good as the first one, but what is? This game has a great campaign and awesome multiplayer. I got this game as a Christmas present back in 2005 and I'm still playing it! You know a game is good when it doesn't grow old even after 5 years.
  96. May 22, 2011
    This is just about the best Halo ever made. I mean seriously, there have been Halos after this, Halo 3, Halo ODST, and Reach. But from all of the Halos I've played, (which are Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo: Reach) this one is the best.
  97. Apr 12, 2015
    Trying to be as unbiased as I can about this game, but over the years Halo 2 has wormed its way into my heart as one of the best games I have ever played. As a first person shooter the controls and core mechanics are an updated and improved upon version of Halo Combat Evolved which gives you more ways to kill aliens than before! But in all seriousness it's not the gameplay, or theTrying to be as unbiased as I can about this game, but over the years Halo 2 has wormed its way into my heart as one of the best games I have ever played. As a first person shooter the controls and core mechanics are an updated and improved upon version of Halo Combat Evolved which gives you more ways to kill aliens than before! But in all seriousness it's not the gameplay, or the multiplayer that makes this game so great, it's the immense and absolutely incredible story. The contrast of Master chief returning as a hero and Thel Vadamee (The Arbiter) returning in disgrace. The way Master Chief does what he always does kicks ass and saves the day, but then The Arbiter introduces himself as Master Chief's opposite. Through a twisting tale of redemption and betrayal we get a first hand look at the mysterious enemy The Covenant that we certainly didn't get in the first game. Through all this the Arbiter becomes the symbol of the Sangheili rebellion, we see the beginning of the downfall of the covenant as well as the Profit of Truth's true nature and motivations. The game brings our two heroes together and forces bitter enemies to become cold allies in a great storytelling arc. Now an issue with this game as a standalone game is the cliffhanger ending, because of this it opened itself to success or failure from a writing standpoint based on how Halo 3 turned out. Because Halo 3 concluded the story well and brought everything to a close it forces us to look at the entire trilogy as a whole and I would say that in the greater context Halo 2 looks to shine the greatest of them (especially with the Anniversary version). Looking back I would describe this as a perfect game, it's so much more than just another first person shooter it's an epic masterpiece. Expand
  98. Nov 10, 2015
    Probably my favourite games of all time. The campaign was amazing and a turn for a more serious tone from halo 1. Multiplayer was revolutionary for its time and infinitely fun. Music was excellent and really set the tone while the graphics for it's time were also incredible. Generally one of the greatest games of all time.
  99. Feb 11, 2013
    This review contains spoilers, click expand to view. This is the one of the best shooter games of all time, and the best game in the Halo series. Halo 2 is kind of the filler game between halo:CE and Halo 3. Halo 2 has the player play was Master chief (The main character from all of the good halo games) and as the Arbiter. I really liked how they allowed you to experience both sides of the game lore. You saw the struggle to save humanity, and the insanity behind the prophets great journey. Fight along side elites and grunt and riding in phantoms was awesome. My favorite part about Halo 2 was high charity. The city is huge and looked awesome. Oh, and you cannot forget about the amazing soundtrack.... Was just great.. Expand
  100. Jan 12, 2012
    This is a great game. It is bigger and better than the original. There are several more weapons, enemies and vehicles. The multiplayer is spectacular. The campaign is fun but the story is not the best in my opinion. Also this game was rushed so the graphics were not up to the expectation of the e3 demo. It still deserves a 10.

#1 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#2 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. Microsoft and Bungie have created a gigantic bell that sounds like thunder and reverberates with a fury worthy of a gale-force hurricane. It's not perfect, but get in front of it, and wonderful things - wonderful destructive things - are bound to happen. [Dec 2004, p.72]
  2. The digital surround sound is phenomenal (and the voice-acting peerless), and players with a good A/V system will enjoy hearing enemies approach from all sides due to the sharp positional sound.
    One of Halo 2 Online's best features - if not the best - is the statistics tracking system. [Online review]