Halo: Combat Evolved Xbox

8.6

1. Nov 13, 2010
    This is my attempt at a helpful NO SPOILER review.
    With popularity you get hate. Halo has gained many fans over the years, but it has also gained many haters. The reasons that I have heard that people do not like Halo are its originality, itâ
  2. BobH.
    Mar 12, 2003
    This is by far the best first person shooter ever made. Everything about this game is amazing, from the graphics to the gameplay to the plot and storyline. The Marines are like real people and the enemy A.I. is inteligent and adaptive. Halo is the best X-Box game yet and it simply must be played.
  3. WesleyE.
    Jan 17, 2003
    Hey, to Stephen S., remember what you said? Remember giving it a seven? Lets hear what you said again... Most things about this game are good...the sound, graphics, AI, etc, but its multiplayer just lacks what a first person shooter really needs. I remember when Nintendo 64 was new, and Goldeneye had just come out. At that time, that probably the best first person shooter. Then for the Hey, to Stephen S., remember what you said? Remember giving it a seven? Lets hear what you said again... Most things about this game are good...the sound, graphics, AI, etc, but its multiplayer just lacks what a first person shooter really needs. I remember when Nintendo 64 was new, and Goldeneye had just come out. At that time, that probably the best first person shooter. Then for the PC, Counterstrike came out. Counterstrike is probably still the best first person shooter. What I'm really trying to say is that although the single player is good, the multiplayer really pulls this game down pretty far. Expand
  4. Nov 15, 2010
    One of the all time best fps of all time. this game was amazing in its day and like unreal GOTY still has a large number of people who still enjoy the online action after all these years.
  5. Jan 19, 2011
    I never actually owned this game but I played it from start to finish in one sitting with a friend in coop mode when it came out. Truly a masterpiece and a very compelling reason to own an xbox at the time.
  6. Feb 7, 2014
    Manages to be both a great shooter and an epic adventure without sacrificing one or the other to gimmicks, set pieces or interactive movie moments. Great introduction to the universe
  7. Mar 5, 2011
    Halo: Combat Evolved is a 2001 first person shooter title that took what Goldeneye 007 did for the genre on consoles and improved upon it to make the Xbox the primary platform for what would soon become the most popular genre in the industry. The game features everything a player would want in a shooter game. An epic single player campaign complete with a variety of weapons, vehicles andHalo: Combat Evolved is a 2001 first person shooter title that took what Goldeneye 007 did for the genre on consoles and improved upon it to make the Xbox the primary platform for what would soon become the most popular genre in the industry. The game features everything a player would want in a shooter game. An epic single player campaign complete with a variety of weapons, vehicles and enemies that keep you changing up your strategy and encourages you to try new things. The story draws you in and makes you want to know what happens next to the point that many gamers have stated that Halo was the first game they ever "pulled an all nighter" playing just to get the the end of the campaign. Then you can experience it all again with a friend in co-op or begin your addiction to the multiplayer component that is sure to have you spending many late nights (and early mornings) trying to best your friends a game of capture the flag or slayer. A title that revolutionized the industry and put Xbox on the map. Halo is a must play for any fan of the genre. Expand
  8. Nov 27, 2010
    Halo Combat Evolved may be--no, IS the best game ever made. It has a great story, awesome gameplay, great graphics for a game from 2001, in summary, everything about it is great! I am still playing it, and its sequel, Halo 2, after several years. Halo 3, not so much.
  9. Dec 9, 2011
    The game that resurrected and redefined console FPS's and gave birth to an ongoing slew of billion dollar console FPS games. Here it is. The Sistine Chapel. The Great Pyramid of Giza. The Double Big Mac. The best console FPS ever made! Great campaign. Great graphics. Great sound. Great musical score. Great gameplay. Innovative weapons and vehicles. Oh and PLASMA GRENADES!!!! HellThe game that resurrected and redefined console FPS's and gave birth to an ongoing slew of billion dollar console FPS games. Here it is. The Sistine Chapel. The Great Pyramid of Giza. The Double Big Mac. The best console FPS ever made! Great campaign. Great graphics. Great sound. Great musical score. Great gameplay. Innovative weapons and vehicles. Oh and PLASMA GRENADES!!!! Hell even the multiplayer was epic and feature rich, even if it wasn't on Xbox Live....only because Xbox Live had not been invented yet! I mean how cool was it to be able to change the settings of your mutliplayer gametypes? There's nothing bad to be said about this game. I know, I know, the PC gamers are going off on a tangent about how there's so many better FPSs on PC, and they may be right, but no one can argue the influence this game had on the video game industry and how it changed it forever. Expand
  10. Jan 10, 2013
    Halo: Combat Evolved is the first Halo game and the best. The campaign was amazing and the graphics not so much but the voice acting and gameplay is what makes a good game. Halo 1 deserves 10/10.
  11. Aug 7, 2012
    ok so for all the idiots playing this game 12 years later and comparing it to todays standards your a moron. moving on from there.... halo was absolutely amazing when it first came out, had amazing graphics for the time, and was definatly worth the hype. 2 thumbs up as a game that will be remembered for years.
  12. Nov 12, 2012
    the best fps for its time,great game a real reason to buy xbox back in its day.while at times story can be confusing its still very great. graphics was amazing back in the xbox days,music was nice.
  13. Oct 20, 2013
    This game changed not only the FPS genre but video games themselves. How many games nowadays don't have a regenerating health system and a 2 weapon limitation. Beyond that Halo is immersive, engaging and a whole lot of fun to play.
  14. Dec 18, 2013
    I still find myself, after years of playing, enjoying this game to it's fullest. Even with anniversary out I still find myself coming back to this amazing classic.
  15. JesseK.
    May 1, 2002
    This is the best game for the X-Box on the market. "To all system owners who haven't played Halo,you're missing out".
  16. NicholasB.
    Mar 1, 2002
    The best game ever, much better than anything else.
  17. Adam
    Mar 7, 2002
    Actually, I would give Halo an 11. It is the best game ever made in every category, period. If you can give me a better game email me at jeppy10@hotmail.com. I would like to hear it.
  18. DominicD.
    Jun 17, 2003
    I am the Best there is. the best there was and the best there will ever be. you will know me when you see me. you will quiver in fear. Watch out on Halo 2.
  19. KarlK.
    Jul 2, 2003
    ....get this game now, even if you already have a copy.... Have You Played Your Halo Today?
  20. LazyLewis
    Jul 6, 2003
    I think that halo has raised the bar in video games! And all other game designers are desperately trying to jump it! The music is perfect, the graphics are crisp and the game play is magnificent! The only game that will surpass halo in the next few years will be halo 2!
  21. Guyi.n.Yourbasment
    Jan 1, 2005
    If you rated this game or halo2 lower than 9 you have serious brain damage to not see the beauty of both these masterpieces.
  22. BenC.
    Dec 2, 2007
    Amazing game with superb campaign and multiplayer. Only drawback is recycled levels.
  23. MikS.
    Feb 21, 2002
    Best GAME!!!
  24. ERNESTOZ.
    Apr 14, 2003
    The best first person shooter on earth, halo should be name the game of the decade, not stupid gang and mafia games like grand thef auto that look like crap.
  25. EduardoP.
    May 12, 2003
    Should i even speak?
  26. Halofreak
    Oct 7, 2006
    This is the best game ever I bought Xbox just for this game and I was glad when I did the srtory line is so good and the game never gets old.
  27. SamH
    Apr 2, 2007
    This is an amazing game with a great story. But sometimes of the levels were a bit repetitive.
  28. PaoloB.
    Feb 14, 2002
    Even my girlfriend got hooked on coop mode, and my best friend and I just played through the hardest level for the extended ending. Difficulty levels actually make a big diference in terms of numbers of enemies and the more effective AI (if you don't kill them fast enough they're actually smarter than you think).
  29. EricB.
    Mar 11, 2002
    It was so awesome, and I just can't stop playing it! I like the way you can have 2 players fight. It is the best game I have ever played!
  30. JimW.
    Mar 16, 2002
    It's probably the best shooter for any platform ever. AI is off the charts especially when it comes to the big suckers. Multiplayer has some downsides to it, but in general it's the best game I've ever played.
  31. PeteM.
    Mar 12, 2004
    This is a good game. Dont just give it a bad rating to piss people off and feel cool. Done call people who like it "brainwashed" because it is a game with good graphics and the first time around is pretty unbelievable. The single player can be repetitive but u see this was the game that defined the system link. Ive played 16 player system link and damn that was fun. Play that then rate it This is a good game. Dont just give it a bad rating to piss people off and feel cool. Done call people who like it "brainwashed" because it is a game with good graphics and the first time around is pretty unbelievable. The single player can be repetitive but u see this was the game that defined the system link. Ive played 16 player system link and damn that was fun. Play that then rate it again. Im not saying its perfect but yes its as close as we have come so far. I loved goldeneye and perfect dark too people its just that halo is the best right now. Stop the pity party and enjoy it for god's sake. Expand
  32. Shug
    Aug 12, 2006
    Okay mother.....s that hate this game... give me a decent reason this game blows. The campaign wasnt bad and there was no hype towards the campaign so it was what i expected. There was hype on the multiplayer and it has exceeded all the hype by far. It has executed more than expected. It is still to this the the most played xbox live game. And just because you are a computer gamer, doesntOkay mother.....s that hate this game... give me a decent reason this game blows. The campaign wasnt bad and there was no hype towards the campaign so it was what i expected. There was hype on the multiplayer and it has exceeded all the hype by far. It has executed more than expected. It is still to this the the most played xbox live game. And just because you are a computer gamer, doesnt mean every other ... game out there sucks. Hey there are more computer games out there that blow worse than any xbox game. So you can just shut the ... up! Expand
  33. JordanH
    Oct 22, 2009
    Easily one of the most powerful games ever created. It has raised the bar for the FPS genre and given gamers on the fence a reason to get an Xbox.
  34. Legoman
    Jul 16, 2009
    The best FPS game ever. Starting the 3D evolution of FPS games and still my favorite to others I have played. like the Doom series. Awesome!!
  35. JoeyW.
    Nov 13, 2004
    It rocks, i think after the ending theres going to be halo3. for some reason i felt weird when everything felt so different but still i just beaten the game on legendary and man it was almost impossible and i think just because halo and halo2 are on xbox that it makes xbox the best system. what i like about this game is the levels and the master cheif. that old captain that the seargentIt rocks, i think after the ending theres going to be halo3. for some reason i felt weird when everything felt so different but still i just beaten the game on legendary and man it was almost impossible and i think just because halo and halo2 are on xbox that it makes xbox the best system. what i like about this game is the levels and the master cheif. that old captain that the seargent gets his medals from is highly detailed. and the new rides. but if they do make halo3 i hope you get to go around earth and save it the go to a new halo like on halo2 except whith more earth levels. halo2 is awesome. Expand
  36. May 1, 2014
    Halo: CE shaped modern FPS games, and also has one of the best stories, entangled in one of the best soundtracks of any game ever made. The atmosphere in the game was simply amazing. Sure the graphics are dated, it's from 2001 for god's sake, this was a launch title for the original Xbox! The game was revolutionary in its time, its a classic.
  37. Aug 12, 2014
    One of the greatest FPS of all time The game the perhaps did everything right
    Even though I hate Regenerating health in every game Halo 1 did it in a believable way(Your wearing a SPARTAN suit that regenerates) and it didnt have full regeneration you also had a health bar when your shields depleted and could only heal using health packs.
  38. Nov 13, 2014
    The ability to throw grenades without cycling through weapons, immense strategy required, an immersive story, and the legendary multiplayer mode have all contributed this to be the best fps of the 6th gen, perhaps of all gaming itself. Though by today's standards it is clunky and old, the action, the mortality of your character, and the Gregorian Chant of the title screen, are not.
  39. Jun 18, 2011
    The first Halo is still the best Halo. The story is classic, the gameplay is classic and, whether it be controller vibrations or the time's graphics, it all feels more gritty than the other Halo games. So much was put into this one game that all the sequels, as great as they were, can't really compare. This is a game that you play for the campaign itself rather than some online multiplayerThe first Halo is still the best Halo. The story is classic, the gameplay is classic and, whether it be controller vibrations or the time's graphics, it all feels more gritty than the other Halo games. So much was put into this one game that all the sequels, as great as they were, can't really compare. This is a game that you play for the campaign itself rather than some online multiplayer battle crap (which is also fun in the sequels, but this one didn't have that - unless you got it for the PC) - so it was clear that more time was spent on the story. Sure they spent time on the story for the rest of the games, but the other games can be beaten in a matter of an hour or two, even on Legendary, while I still, at the pace I go at, feel like this game takes longer - which also makes it a more worthwhile experience. This is one of the most legendary games on its own, and if you're a gamer of any kind and have never played it, you should be outright ashamed of yourself. This is one of those games, one of those rare games, that actually define and influence gaming today. Very few games pull that off. Expand
  40. May 5, 2012
    How do you write a review 11 years after a release. The game will feel dated, it won't look or run like you're used to games running. That is not a problem for Halo:Combat Evolved. The graphics still hold up, even from a different system generation. The gameplay is still fierce and engaging, the multiplayer still robust enough to lose several hours with a few friends, and that'sHow do you write a review 11 years after a release. The game will feel dated, it won't look or run like you're used to games running. That is not a problem for Halo:Combat Evolved. The graphics still hold up, even from a different system generation. The gameplay is still fierce and engaging, the multiplayer still robust enough to lose several hours with a few friends, and that's playing it now. The game has held up beautifully because it was so far ahead of it's time. Colourful scenery with an absolutely incredible soundtrack, the ambiance of Halo takes you away. How do you review a game released in 2001? Quite favourably, it seems. Expand
  41. Dec 11, 2010
    This game is a true classic in just every way! I remember getting this game when I bought a Xbox and I've been playing this series and loving many other shooters, just cause of this one game. Awesome story, gameplay, multiplayer...EVERYTHING! Do yourself a favour and BUY this one and keep it forever, arguably one of the best Halo games in the series.
  42. JaniP.
    Feb 9, 2002
    The best game ever made.
  43. Mar 18, 2011
    Lets get something straight,of course it's one of the top rated game ever, not because of some hoax, but I've beat it on every difficulty setting and I can't tell you how in 30 years of gaming this is one of my favorite games and it holds up to now 2011.Halo Reach is of course the best Halo game ever (debatable),but this is the best game to me because it was made 10 years ago and still hasLets get something straight,of course it's one of the top rated game ever, not because of some hoax, but I've beat it on every difficulty setting and I can't tell you how in 30 years of gaming this is one of my favorite games and it holds up to now 2011.Halo Reach is of course the best Halo game ever (debatable),but this is the best game to me because it was made 10 years ago and still has the graphics and game play to make you want to beat it all over again.I'll tell you that playing this game on legendary setting, it is incredibly hard but super rewarding in the end.Forget about achievements and trophies you get now,the satisfaction you feel in this game out ways them and that's what made games so good in the past and to be honest,it's there with some games but it's not the same!Original Halo deserves a perfect 10 with no doubt about it! Expand
  44. Nov 13, 2010
    Welcome to 2010. This game has been out for 10 years, and to me, it goes on strong. Overall, doesn't beat MW2 or Black Ops, but still is epic. Halo Reach is better due to forge, and multiplayer, and etc., but forget it. Halo: Combat Evolved's campaign can't be beat. I would like to see CoD beat this campaign.
  45. Dec 16, 2011
    Hands down the greatest shooter game I have ever played and one of my all time favorites. The story is good, the entire game is original, and multiplayer is a lot of fun. This is a must buy.
  46. Jan 27, 2012
    Halo Combat Evolved is a must have classic! It is simple, but that isn't a bad thing. Even 10 years on, new stuff can come out of it, with the release of Halo CE Anniversary. This game should be treasured by generations to come, because it is fun, has a good story, and is a purely unforgettable game.
  47. May 27, 2012
    A great game, multiplayer was a lot of fun.
  48. JonatR.
    Apr 7, 2003
    A brilliant story, an epical soundtrack, adrelanine pumping gameplay. Doom 3, far cry and all those fps wannabees may pray that halo 2 won't be better then halo. If it will then there will be no fps that will stand against halo 2. They can't even beat halo.
  49. ChrisE.
    Jan 31, 2002
    This game is completely flawless.
  50. DavidA.
    Jun 28, 2004
    This game is simply perfection. I loved it.It must be like the best first person shooting game ever made.
  51. Jul 27, 2015
  52. ShlimV.
    Feb 7, 2002
    This is simply a flawless and possibly the best game eva (MGS2 the only possible rival).
  53. J.S.
    Dec 16, 2009
    The most overrated game of all time. It was a dumbed down, Perfect Dark with Perfect Dark's many feature or great AI. The storyline was extremely simple and short. It had a some decent style and art direction, but was mostly was often along the lines of Golden Eye's 'Aztec' theme; what an eyesore. The ending was very anti-climactic and sudden. This is certainly not one The most overrated game of all time. It was a dumbed down, Perfect Dark with Perfect Dark's many feature or great AI. The storyline was extremely simple and short. It had a some decent style and art direction, but was mostly was often along the lines of Golden Eye's 'Aztec' theme; what an eyesore. The ending was very anti-climactic and sudden. This is certainly not one of the greatest games of all time. Its very mediocre. I credit it for introducing us to The Flood and one of FPS gaming's best titles. Halo 2 and 3 are much better. Expand
  54. TJsahota
    May 6, 2003
    I am the best in this game.
  55. ZeekyboogyD.
    Aug 15, 2003
    ok, brad, shut up, seriously, half life isnt really THAT great, i mean, halo is the best game EVER! seriously folks, if u have an x-box, or a pc, buy it.
  56. TDFLunatic
    Oct 6, 2004
    This game is the sh.t. If you disagree its probably because you suck at it, or you dont play online.
  57. Citizeus
    Apr 2, 2004
    El mejor Shooter de la historia en consola.
  58. NathanielC.
    May 20, 2004
    This game rocks!
  59. Buried-In-The-box
    Aug 9, 2004
    Gave it a 9 because of Halo 2 coming out. This is by far the best game ever made. I don't care who you are this is the best. Halo 2 will dethrone this though, as it will be polished and built for the Box from the ground up this time. I f you don't like this game chances are you suck at it and need more practice. Get some more practice, get good at it and you will be a believer. Gave it a 9 because of Halo 2 coming out. This is by far the best game ever made. I don't care who you are this is the best. Halo 2 will dethrone this though, as it will be polished and built for the Box from the ground up this time. I f you don't like this game chances are you suck at it and need more practice. Get some more practice, get good at it and you will be a believer. This is the reason all of us started playing games to begin with. Expand
  60. DavidC.
    Jan 10, 2002
    This is one of the GREATEST games I have played in my whole life!!!
  61. LakerH.
    Oct 27, 2004
    This is still the best game of the year.
  62. SachinS.
    Jun 5, 2004
    This is the best game i have ever played. The graphics are sweet. the plot is sweet. the guns vehicles everything is sweet. if the scale went higher i would give it a 100.
  63. Dan
    Jul 22, 2002
    The best game ever made. Everything about it is perfect. The graphics are unbelievable, and the detail is very extensive. Can't wait till #2.
  64. ChrisR.
    Jul 12, 2003
    Great game X-box rules! I love Spiderman!
  65. O.C.
    Dec 27, 2008
    Just a quick blurb about Halo CE: I love Half Life. Probably my 2nd favorite game of all time, 2nd to half life 2. I don't love Halo. Not a fan of the stoy, and just never really got into it. So, with that said, you cannot possibly deny that Halo was incredibly inovative and changed FPSs forever - for the better, usually. The rebounding health meter, stunning visuals and perfect Just a quick blurb about Halo CE: I love Half Life. Probably my 2nd favorite game of all time, 2nd to half life 2. I don't love Halo. Not a fan of the stoy, and just never really got into it. So, with that said, you cannot possibly deny that Halo was incredibly inovative and changed FPSs forever - for the better, usually. The rebounding health meter, stunning visuals and perfect execution of all facets of gameplay make Halo deserve a 10. Expand
  66. T.
    Nov 25, 2004
    It's great but Halo2 be better. Anything lower than 8 is unworthy of picking up an xbox controller.
  67. Nov 28, 2010
    One of the best FPSs I've ever played, I started to play this game about 3 months ago, and even being a 2001 game, it still amazes me. The gameplay is almost flawless and the music is perfect. This game is epic. A must buy!
  68. Aug 30, 2011
    This amazing game revolutionize the console fps. The first fps to use dual analog sticks. Just an amazing game I can't wait for anniversary!
  69. Feb 26, 2012
    Halo: Combat Evolved is nothing short of GOLD. Everything about this game is amazing!! Gameplay is phenomenal! The weapons are great, each one unique and creatively designed. The AI for its day was impressive. The story is amazing, and easily surpassed any other game in its day. The graphics were great and helped draw attention to the potential Xbox had. LAN multiplayer gave me some of myHalo: Combat Evolved is nothing short of GOLD. Everything about this game is amazing!! Gameplay is phenomenal! The weapons are great, each one unique and creatively designed. The AI for its day was impressive. The story is amazing, and easily surpassed any other game in its day. The graphics were great and helped draw attention to the potential Xbox had. LAN multiplayer gave me some of my best memories of playing with friends. Halo is beyond fun, it's oppressively exhilarating! Each level is unique and detailed to precision. There is nothing quite like Halo, and there never will be. This is easily one of the greatest games of all time. Expand
  70. Dec 2, 2012
    Great game when I first played it back in 2001 but it hasn't aged well. I'm not much of a graphics whore but bloody hell these graphics are awful, even for it's time when crash bandicoot was out I found those graphics better, they where still great graphics when I first played the game so I won't berate the game for that, but it will cost some points. The story is still good and originalGreat game when I first played it back in 2001 but it hasn't aged well. I'm not much of a graphics whore but bloody hell these graphics are awful, even for it's time when crash bandicoot was out I found those graphics better, they where still great graphics when I first played the game so I won't berate the game for that, but it will cost some points. The story is still good and original for it's time and the gameplay is still fun and satisfying. Voice acting is good but the music and sound effects is where the game makes the game so enjoyable, I must've spent hours just listening to the menu song, love it!. 8/10 (and this is coming from a HUGE halo fan. Expand
  71. Oct 27, 2012
    Honestly do not understand the hype. The graphics are great and the combat is fun but the much touted story is very straight forward and boring! I think this game is loved so much because it was played by ten year olds who had never played Half-Life.
  72. Apr 22, 2013
    Very memorable, Its Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  73. Sep 9, 2014
    A great game in my chilhood, i have very precious memories of this game, it is a great game to start a great series. bring on the master cheif collection. 9/10
  74. Feb 6, 2015
    i played the **** out of this game!!! every time i went to my friends house i would play the campaign all the time. me and him played on every great map. the game had a good A.I and the graphics where good for the year it was made. keep using that over powered pistol!
  75. AlanT.
    Sep 1, 2007
    An amazing game that does so many things right. Good graphics and an engaging story help set this game above the others. And if that wasn't enough, it has an incredible multi player that will give hours of enjoyment with your friends.
  76. Apocalypse
    Nov 2, 2003
    Find some other fps with better multiplayer... (you freakin can't).
  77. LordAlan
    Jan 3, 2003
    Not the best game ever, but damn close. Fantastic in every conceivable way.
  78. IndonesiaMan
    Apr 8, 2003
    I've bought many games, but only this game could make me wake up all night long shooting aliens.
  79. AndrewM.
    Oct 21, 2004
    Yes this game is *over rated* because of the fact that it exceeds the *rate* :)
  80. C.B.
    Jun 4, 2004
    Great game--awesome 2 player mode.
  81. ZacheryG.
    Jul 8, 2006
    If you rate this game under a 10 you must like playstation and you need to get a life.
  82. FelicityF.
    Sep 3, 2002
    Not to be a PS2 hater or anything, but when a couple of friends and I were asked if we had to pick one game to spend a year on a desert island with, we all picked Halo over GTA III. What she didn't say was whether we'd be on the island together. If we could be on a desert island, with some food, four TVs and four-player networked Halos, bring it on, baby!! Leave that single Not to be a PS2 hater or anything, but when a couple of friends and I were asked if we had to pick one game to spend a year on a desert island with, we all picked Halo over GTA III. What she didn't say was whether we'd be on the island together. If we could be on a desert island, with some food, four TVs and four-player networked Halos, bring it on, baby!! Leave that single player GTAIII back on the mainland.... Expand
  83. CaseyF.
    Mar 30, 2003
    This game is the sole reason that XBox was created. 2v2 Capture The Flag mutiplayer has lost me many friends.
  84. KevinL.
    Apr 24, 2003
    Dis game is tight. Just buy one game for xbox and you'll be satisfied. Play the storymode with 2 players too. Save your men. Get in the scorpion. I can't wait till halo 2 comes out. I'v played it with my sister like ten times. We couln't stop playin until 3:00 in the mornin!
  85. Rob
    Jun 4, 2003
    Clearly the best game by far.
  86. MichaelC.
    Aug 7, 2003
    This is quite simply the best FPS ever made. The action is non-stop and totally intense. The multiplayer game mode has tons of great settings and features. The story, dialogue, and soundtrack are all very entertaining. Altogether a phenomenal game, and one of the few FPS's for XBox worth picking up.
  87. JAYF.
    Jan 2, 2004
    Everyone who said this game is repetitive didnt name a game that wasnt. maybe if u had a sense of direction u wouldnt find urself in the same looking type of room. now play this game and go whack so hunters w/ ur rocket launch and have some fun, beating ur friends in this game. hiding in ur secret spot. this game may not be soo great but guess whut it is the best out there.
  88. Rip2roar
    Aug 9, 2005
    Great Game.Definitely the best Xbox game there is.Better than its sequel.
  89. Mjolnir
    Sep 7, 2005
    An amazing game with a thrilling single player, despite some copy and paste level design, and a multiplayer that made Lan parties a common thing.
  90. Barry
    Aug 10, 2007
    It's a top game, but what is all the god damn hype about? There's nothing actually here whatsover that makes it 'the best game ever made' or 'best fps ever made'. I can think of so many other games that deserve to be crowned the best, this doesn't. There just is not enough weapons or enemies in it. It can be very intense when theres loads of enemies It's a top game, but what is all the god damn hype about? There's nothing actually here whatsover that makes it 'the best game ever made' or 'best fps ever made'. I can think of so many other games that deserve to be crowned the best, this doesn't. There just is not enough weapons or enemies in it. It can be very intense when theres loads of enemies surrounding you on Legendary mode, but the slowness and repetativeness of the game lets it down big time. The areas outside are way too big aswell imo, with such a slow running Master Chief, what is the point? 8/10 maximum. Expand
  91. Marc.D
    May 4, 2008
    Though time has provided us with a measure of objectivity with regards to the technical aspects, Halo still stands as a remarkable achievement in visual storytelling. The only comparable experience is Half-Life and its sequel . Like many have noted, the game has some annoying problems such as the dreadful level design of 'The Library' and some slowdown in heavy firefights. But Though time has provided us with a measure of objectivity with regards to the technical aspects, Halo still stands as a remarkable achievement in visual storytelling. The only comparable experience is Half-Life and its sequel . Like many have noted, the game has some annoying problems such as the dreadful level design of 'The Library' and some slowdown in heavy firefights. But for the most part, Halo is a classic and has withstood the ravages of time amazingly well. Expand
  92. TomC.
    Jun 25, 2008
    Personally i think this is one of the best video games ever made end of.
  93. jesseR
    Oct 20, 2009
    very addicting and has aspects that were taken away in halo 3 halo gets really hard on heroic and even normal but the gameplay expirience is worth it
  94. JamieM.
    Nov 20, 2002
    I gave 9 cause the gore sh.t isnt good but the rest of the game is f...ing amazing arggggghhhhhh!
  95. MikeJ.
    Oct 17, 2002
    This is the reason i bought xbox.
  96. JonS.
    Jan 2, 2002
    This game is the best for anyone who loves first person shooter games. It's multiplayer and everything is flawless in mess-ups or problems. Halo is definitely the best game ever made!!!!
  97. BillJr.
    Jan 25, 2002
    This game is by far the coolest game i've ever played. I was suspicious at first about it, but when I played it, it was addictive. it has the best graphics and a great plot, it offers a great challenge and a great way to spend lost hours.
  98. UncleTimmy
    Mar 4, 2002
    Great game. Excellent graphics, sound fx, music, gameplay, and multiplayer. To those who complain it drags down multiplayer, are pretty much fanatics of Counter-strike. The single player mode along would give it a 10, adding a multiplayer would not drag it down, however you may think.
  99. JasonT.
    May 11, 2002
    This could be the best Action game I will ever play. I can't wait for Halo 2. The single player levels were kind of easy but still challenging. The multiplayer is just unbelievable. Connecting 4 xboxs together with 16 people at once is just insane. It did end for 7 hours. Around every corner you had to fight. I didn't see any major problems with it and would give it a 20 if i This could be the best Action game I will ever play. I can't wait for Halo 2. The single player levels were kind of easy but still challenging. The multiplayer is just unbelievable. Connecting 4 xboxs together with 16 people at once is just insane. It did end for 7 hours. Around every corner you had to fight. I didn't see any major problems with it and would give it a 20 if i could. You can't express how good this game is....it just is. Expand
  100. IcE
    Aug 11, 2002
    This is simply what makes gamers go nowhere else than the Xbox.

#1 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2001
#1 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2001

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Halo is quite simply the closest thing we have ever experienced to a living, breathing alternate universe. [Jan 2002, p.72]
  2. GMR Magazine
    The definitive reason to own an Xbox. [Feb 2003, p.95]
    When you finally set down the controller the first time, and eventually hunger or exhaustion do force all of us to take a break, Halo has pulled you completely into its world and started one of the best sci-fi gaming adventures of all time.