7.4

1. DavidP.
    Sep 10, 2004
    The combat in Headhunter: Redemption is as significant an advancement to the genre as Syphon Filter was when it first hit the PSone. A truly fantastic game bursting with innovation and one of the finest soundtracks in video game history.
  2. JamesH.
    Sep 11, 2004
    The lush, fuzzy warm visuals look great in this game and obviously a lot of effort went into the graphics and artwork in Headhunter Redemption. The sound is gorgeous too and the musical score has to be one of the best I?ve heard in a video game. There are Robocop-style public announcements and adverts that compliment well the amazing audio and visual components to create an edgy, yet The lush, fuzzy warm visuals look great in this game and obviously a lot of effort went into the graphics and artwork in Headhunter Redemption. The sound is gorgeous too and the musical score has to be one of the best I?ve heard in a video game. There are Robocop-style public announcements and adverts that compliment well the amazing audio and visual components to create an edgy, yet sometimes comic futuristic atmosphere. Basically then, this is a genuinely good game but, that said, there are a catalogue of minor niggles within it that are sometimes a little annoying. The most irritating being when the character gets stuck on walls in stealth mode. Occasionally the targeting system is a little frustrating to use as well. The story is excellent and has an interesting twist to it but it does sometimes feel that it is totally driven by events occurring during cut scenes and, for me, this meant that I never really felt engaged by it. All in all ? great but not amazing? Expand
  3. MikeO.
    Sep 30, 2004
    I can tell from thr comments that many of these so called RATERS ,PUBLISHERS,EDITORS Havent actually played much of headhunter. To bad cause I've just finished FABLE AND SUDEKI. And I rather play headhunter all day long. I think if your gonna review a game , AT LEAST TRY TO FINISH IT ,thats if you can. Maybe we should make all games easy like fable and kotor. This games controls are I can tell from thr comments that many of these so called RATERS ,PUBLISHERS,EDITORS Havent actually played much of headhunter. To bad cause I've just finished FABLE AND SUDEKI. And I rather play headhunter all day long. I think if your gonna review a game , AT LEAST TRY TO FINISH IT ,thats if you can. Maybe we should make all games easy like fable and kotor. This games controls are kool. But then again if FABLE is sooo advanced maybe headhunter is too hard for the babies. Expand

#52 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. There's absolutely no question as to the somewhat obfuscated way in which the learning curve charts itself. Still, when you finally do get to grips with the controls, there's the subtle and atmospheric visuals, a Richard Jacques score and genuinely thrilling narrative to commend it.
  2. games(TM)
    Story aside, everything that's in the game is very competent and enjoyable but it doesn't quite go out of its way enough to push the envelope as far as the overall experience goes, when compared to where the genre is today. [Oct 2004, p.116]
  3. AceGamez
    Frustration creeps in at points when the camera goes AWOL and you can't target anything for toffee, but once you get on top of the not-too-intuitive control system, life in the gloomy future becomes easier and you can get down to enjoying Redemption for what it is - a solid title that belongs firmly in the brighter, more affluent world of Above.