Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb Xbox

8.6

1. SunnyD.
    Jun 9, 2005
    Excellent story line, good environment, concept arts and characters; the essentials for a good single player game. And Indy has it all. A must have for fans.
  2. Dias
    Feb 21, 2003
    Very fun. its actually a precourser to the temple of doom (watch the first ten minutes). This game feel a lot like buffy because it runs on the same engine as buffy with a few slight modifications. reminded me of tomb raider(thats a good thing) but its INDY!!!!
  3. JohnS.
    Mar 30, 2003
    I don't see why this didn't get a higher score. I give it a solid 8.5. The graphics are very good (much sharper and eye-popping than any of the trailers I've seen for it), the combat is excellent (very "Buffy"-like), and the levels are huge. The only things missing are savepoints and multiplayer. Multiplayer, especially, which would add to the limited replay-value.
  4. PieterJ.
    Oct 26, 2004
    This game is awsome in every way. You ARE Indiana Jones in this game. The music is also impressive! If you are an Indiana Jones-fan, buy it NOW!
  5. MichaelC.
    Oct 16, 2003
    An all around fun game. Gameplay mechanics are solid. Graphics and sound are nothing short of what you'd expect from Lucas. My one complaint: certain part of this one are really tough, so be prepared to get frustrated. Third-person action at it's finest, folks.
  6. Angelus
    Feb 26, 2003
    Don't listen to these so called gamer critics about this one. If your a fan of the movies it a must buy!
  7. Indy
    Apr 14, 2003
    This is the Best Indiana Jones game they have ever made.
  8. BlueFalcon
    Feb 6, 2005
    Wow, I think a bunch Lucas Arts or Collective employees are reviewing it below or something. This game is definately among the worst games I've played on the xbox. The graphics are poor, gameplay awkward, and in some spots broken. It's really just a poor game all around.
  9. JugsterJam
    Feb 14, 2003
    Strong playable grahics from indiana joes to the jungles, trees, fire, lost inca sites very movie like. The creators of buffy the vampire slayer have made the game. So the gameplay feels a lot like their past game, which is good. All the indie jonesing to do is here.
  10. SamE.
    Mar 29, 2003
    Excellent voice acting, good play mechanics, and lush backgrounds all make this game genuinely fun. The puzzles and plot are rather linear, and it's all over too quickly, but the pleasure of imagining yourself as the Indy of the classic movie trilogy is considerable.
  11. Nov 7, 2016
    Indiana Jones and The Emperor's Tomb is a fun action adventure game. I like how it seamlessly takes you from the introductory level right into action. Being exploring, platforming, combat, Indy has it all here.

Compared to the last Indiana Jones movie, the story in the game is quite good. Yes, it is not a blockbuster but, for a game, is going to feel right like an Indiana Jones adventure.

I enjoyed the different environments and challenges that each one had.

Sound: the voice actors do a good job, and the one doing Indy's does a very good job. The music, aside of the classic Indiana Jones score, is well done and appropriate for each situation and level.

Graphics: overall they are good, Of course, there are some poor textures here and there, but when you are playing you really get into the environments.

Game-play: as stated before, this game combines platforming, puzzle solving, combat. Overall they are all fun and exciting. This game is harsh sometimes since you cannot save every second. The game relies on checkpoints. If your character dies, you have to restart the whole level again. In later missions it can get pretty hard and frustrating, but also the challenge is the attraction of the game and you will want to keep going.

If you still have an Original Xbox, this is a good game to have and play. I am not aware if Xbox 360 or One can handle it since I do not own them.

#59 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Sadly, however, not even the best Indy console game necessarily makes for a great Xbox title. [Apr 2003, p.80]
  2. GMR Magazine
    While the action runs smoothly, textures and level design are a bit on the simple side, making some of the more ambitious "natural" levels feel a little too grid based. [Apr 2003, p.67]
  3. It's a blast from start to finish and somehow manages to be greater than the sum of its parts. It's perhaps a classic example of the ideal game to rent.