7.8

1. Feb 3, 2011
    Ludicrous story aside, Indigo Prophecy is a stunning adventure game. Filled with great characters and memorable scenes, French developer Quantic Dream put itself on my list of developers to watch with this one.
  2. JoshB.
    Oct 4, 2005
    Intensely engrossing game that will keep you on the edge of your seat like a great movie. This is a definite step in the right direction for action gaming. I hope it creates a whole new sub-genre of interactive movies. In the near future, I'm sure our choices will have even more of an impact than they do on this wonderful game.
    Sep 15, 2005
    Fantastic game. It's a lot of fun to replay scenes and handle things a little differently. Note: The US version, 'Indigo Prophecy' is censored. The Euro/UK/Australia version, 'Fahrenheit' has not been modified.
  4. Randy
    Jul 4, 2006
    IndigoProphecy is one of the most cinematic experiences ever put forth into a videogame. It's a very engrossing game that puts you into the shoes of both the killer AND the detectives hunting you down. If this game isn't a unique play, I don't know what is.
  5. RedRose
    Sep 14, 2005
    Absolutely phenominal Arguably the best (and most intelligent) game on the Xbox.
  6. Shay-Z
    Sep 28, 2005
    The beginning of interactive movie-making .... consequential direction at it's best .... i believe david Cage has taken a bold step towards a unique genre of gaming. However, missing out on the animation while concentrating on the button sequence was a turn off .... hoping that after i finish i'll get to see the entire movie in the sequence i played it in .... but to no avail.The beginning of interactive movie-making .... consequential direction at it's best .... i believe david Cage has taken a bold step towards a unique genre of gaming. However, missing out on the animation while concentrating on the button sequence was a turn off .... hoping that after i finish i'll get to see the entire movie in the sequence i played it in .... but to no avail. Maybe Cage will address the issue in his next installment of the game. I stand by my rating of the game strictly due to the fact that this is a risky genre to play with .... hats off to Cage to experiment. (Shenmue was too oriental for my taste) Expand
  7. JobA.
    May 4, 2007
    From how the game begins to the end,this game is really something else.I haven't played anything on the x box like this game.More games really should play like this.It draws you in and you dont ever want it to end.I give it a 9.5
  8. StephanP.
    Oct 29, 2005
    Like the other recent action title, Still Life, Indigo Prophecy's ending is a bit muddled. Some new elements are added that seem out of nowhere. However, the rest of the 90% of the game is brilliant. It is atmospheric and stylish. Great use of music, amazing directions. It draws you in and keeps you on the edge of your seat. There is a real sense of tension in this game whether it Like the other recent action title, Still Life, Indigo Prophecy's ending is a bit muddled. Some new elements are added that seem out of nowhere. However, the rest of the 90% of the game is brilliant. It is atmospheric and stylish. Great use of music, amazing directions. It draws you in and keeps you on the edge of your seat. There is a real sense of tension in this game whether it comes from knowing you only have a few seconds to decide with question to ask someone, or the control system that can leave your fingers and your nerves dead tired from all the exertion (in a good way). This game is superior to Still life is voice acting and graphics. It could use some improvments (the end plot and a simon says system that makes you miss some of the cool cut scenes)--but for people who want an immersive, cinematic, tense game experience--something really different...I highly recommend it. Expand
  9. Balor
    Sep 17, 2005
    A great Adventure game, and a great new way to play Adventure games. It will keep you gripped with suspense and test your emotional responses in impulsive decision making. An interesting narrative carries the game along well until about 2/3rds into the game where it deteriorates to a very loose and messy conclusion. On the whole though, the expereince is still a satisfying one, and the A great Adventure game, and a great new way to play Adventure games. It will keep you gripped with suspense and test your emotional responses in impulsive decision making. An interesting narrative carries the game along well until about 2/3rds into the game where it deteriorates to a very loose and messy conclusion. On the whole though, the expereince is still a satisfying one, and the urge to play the game again to discover the 'what if's'? will mean that you'll get plenty of hours of enjoyment out of it. Expand
  10. IamNlCK
    Jun 25, 2006
    Intriguing game with gripping story. Unlike a lot of adventure games that steer you throughout the entire experience, you get to make a lot of key decision that lead the story down various paths. Very interesting split screen camera sequences. I only wish I could play for longer. There is replayability in it though, if you start again and make different choices. I wish videogame companies Intriguing game with gripping story. Unlike a lot of adventure games that steer you throughout the entire experience, you get to make a lot of key decision that lead the story down various paths. Very interesting split screen camera sequences. I only wish I could play for longer. There is replayability in it though, if you start again and make different choices. I wish videogame companies took more chances and made more games like this. Expand
  11. BlueFalcon
    Sep 19, 2005
    This is one of the most engrossing and original games I've ever played. It feels like a big budget movie where you control most everything that happens. The controls can be awkward at times, but that's my only real complaint. This is the most exciting game for me, in recent memory.
  12. M3Rocket
    Sep 19, 2005
    As close to the feel of an interactive movie as you'll get today. Forget the messy ending and the short length for a moment, and what you have is a unique and sublime execution of a sci-fi thriller in an adventure game. The action sequences are very Matrix-like. The bonus movies are cool since you'll miss much of the details in these sequences because you're too busy trying As close to the feel of an interactive movie as you'll get today. Forget the messy ending and the short length for a moment, and what you have is a unique and sublime execution of a sci-fi thriller in an adventure game. The action sequences are very Matrix-like. The bonus movies are cool since you'll miss much of the details in these sequences because you're too busy trying to get past them. The voice acting is very, very good, while the music is excellent. There is a sense of "cutting edge" that I haven't felt playing an adventure game since, well, King's Quest on the IBM PCjr! This is a must rent at the least even if adventure games are not your cup of tea. Expand

1. Probably the most enjoyable, forward-looking and thoughtful piece of videogaming we've played in this or in any year. We never thought we'd say this, but it's a real step forward for the adventure game genre.
  2. One of the most fresh, exiting and original games to come out for a long time; it's well presented, sounds great and offers something completely new. There are even a few sex scenes!
  3. As adventure games are becoming a rarity these days, out comes Quantic Dream's effort that totally hooks you in with its spellbinding story.