Jade Empire Xbox

8.4

1. Mar 17, 2011
    This game is FANTASTIC!!! one of the best games I've ever played, this had fantastic graphics for the time, and the sound is still top notch, the story is fantastic and you really think before making a decision because your choices alter the world around you, and the side quests are AMAZING!!! they are all unique and are just so much fun to play through, and it has some cool things to findThis game is FANTASTIC!!! one of the best games I've ever played, this had fantastic graphics for the time, and the sound is still top notch, the story is fantastic and you really think before making a decision because your choices alter the world around you, and the side quests are AMAZING!!! they are all unique and are just so much fun to play through, and it has some cool things to find out like new fighting techniques, but keep in mind while playing this is really easy (think Fable II & III easy) so you may want to crank up the difficulty, out of all the Bioware RPGs I've played this is so far there best, a must own and it truly earns a perfect 10. Expand
  2. de5i
    May 3, 2005
    Do not concentrate on the finger, or you will miss all that heavenly glory. Definitely not to be missed, in the case of all that glitters, this is Pure Gold!
  3. Y.M.
    Oct 27, 2005
    Brilliant! I haven't been so addicted to a game since Morrowind. I like that the battle system is still simple, but I get to do a little more than watch the heroes fight (a la KOTOR). The graphics are beautiful, although the camera gets a little nuts at times (i.e. Why am I looking at the crotch and not the face of NPC I'm talking to???). I love the setting as well. I wish Old Brilliant! I haven't been so addicted to a game since Morrowind. I like that the battle system is still simple, but I get to do a little more than watch the heroes fight (a la KOTOR). The graphics are beautiful, although the camera gets a little nuts at times (i.e. Why am I looking at the crotch and not the face of NPC I'm talking to???). I love the setting as well. I wish Old Tongue sounded more like an oriental language and less like gibberish. Interestly, Tanner Fong enlightened me that in Old Tongue "Hey!" and a recitation of one's entire life story consist of the same number of syllables. Anyway, really looking forward to JE2 on PS3! Expand
  4. R.D.R.
    Oct 4, 2005
    Simply the best game I've played on Xbox to date. Better than either KOTOR, better than Morrowind. I'm waiting on Lost Chapters of Fable before judging it, but that pretty much covers the RPGs. And it's better than Halo. There. I said it.
  5. gh0st
    Apr 15, 2005
    Awesome game. The critics hitting the combat system have some valid points, wuxia kung-fu should have a little more depth and it is rather disapointing that you don't beef up with progression. Those bashing the inventory sys and the like, I think are utterly missing the point. Wong Fei-hung doesn't need an inventory, nor would he ever worry about getting a new hat. He needs his Awesome game. The critics hitting the combat system have some valid points, wuxia kung-fu should have a little more depth and it is rather disapointing that you don't beef up with progression. Those bashing the inventory sys and the like, I think are utterly missing the point. Wong Fei-hung doesn't need an inventory, nor would he ever worry about getting a new hat. He needs his kung-fu and perhaps a good sword. That is the whole piont of the romantic flying swordsman. No inventory, no changing outfits, no purchasing. Just training and kung-fu. Had there been complicated inventory and items, it would have been a huge nail in the coffin of immersion. Expand
  6. Dakota
    Apr 24, 2005
    One person says he has never heard of it and says the game didn't live up to hype. I find it funny that he never heard about it but heard of the hype? The game is great and shouldn't be compared to Fable like one person has all ready tried to do. On its own merits, one of the best RPGs the past 5 years.
  7. StankeyM.
    Apr 29, 2005
    The games direction and storyline is great, I noticed it may lag on the loading sometimes but all around this game is phenomenal.
  8. MattC.
    Nov 14, 2007
    A quality game with a great plot. I loved KOTOR, and while the environments don't have Star Wars magic, Bioware did an impressive job creating an immersive, fun to explore world. For those who thought it was easy, I doubt they ratcheted up the difficulty to grand master, which provides a good challenge, especially in boss fights. A must have for Xbox RPGers.
  9. BlakeD.
    May 30, 2005
    Amazing story and fluid gameplay. As with most RPGs subquests seem tedius, but this game has a way of making them all seem very interesting so that half the fun of the game is the subquests. Too much reading.
  10. Jimbosim
    May 3, 2005
    Quality. Not as good as Kotor, but only becoz thats the game that dragged me helplessly into hours of rpg gameplay and will always have a place in my heart! But never the less still a worthy game that deserves dedicated gameplaying hours. Its only downfall being its opening, which seems flat and boring.
  11. KayinS.
    May 4, 2005
    This game is the sh.t and has a great system to it. only one down fall to it but its still as perfect as it gets and that is when you have a team, camera angles blow but still come on....can't pass this game up for the world!!!
    May 5, 2005
    Combat system is intense and requires attention to detail. The world itself is beautiful. Over all this is an excellent RPG and rates among the top. I still feel like it lacks a little. It could stand to use a little more freedom as far as the characters ability to roam and explore as well as a more in depth character creation process!
  13. AlexanderB.
    May 7, 2005
    I beat this game within 7-9 hours of non stop playing lol. I give it a 10, i love this game. jus wish it was a bit longer. :P
  14. DillonH.
    Jun 14, 2005
    This is the best game ever.
  15. PimpPlayer
    Aug 31, 2005
    This game is a very interesting and rara one the whole chinese style (environment,music,characters) i did have a fun time playing this game i like it because when you pass a mission or fight your charcter get stronger and you get top upgrade his skills i play this game 3 days in a row.and i pass the game like in about 10 hours but is still fun when you continue playing it.
  16. IamNlCK
    Jun 25, 2006
    Great RPG. In the tradition of KOTOR, Jade empire delivers a great story, with plenty of cool characters and Asian mythology. I think it took me around 35 hours to complete it. The only down-side is that the combat engine could have been more evolved. It was disappointingly pretty basic, though an improvement from KoTOR. Also, some of the moral choices they ask you to make may seem kind Great RPG. In the tradition of KOTOR, Jade empire delivers a great story, with plenty of cool characters and Asian mythology. I think it took me around 35 hours to complete it. The only down-side is that the combat engine could have been more evolved. It was disappointingly pretty basic, though an improvement from KoTOR. Also, some of the moral choices they ask you to make may seem kind of questionable...though you go with the one you think the game wants you to pick so you get good or bad points. Expand
  17. ChristopherL.
    Dec 16, 2005
    Absoulty Brilliant. 4 anyone who has played Zelda, Fable, Dynasty Warrior (Small comparision) this is the game for you, It combines real-time action with magic, wonder and chinese history. Its only let down is that it could have give you a wide variety of magic however the magic you posses is brilliant. When you beat certain enemies (Horse Demon) you will recieve their style enablling you Absoulty Brilliant. 4 anyone who has played Zelda, Fable, Dynasty Warrior (Small comparision) this is the game for you, It combines real-time action with magic, wonder and chinese history. Its only let down is that it could have give you a wide variety of magic however the magic you posses is brilliant. When you beat certain enemies (Horse Demon) you will recieve their style enablling you to transform into them while you Chi depletes. This is an amazing game which I would recommend to anyone. Expand
  18. Devin
    Apr 11, 2005
    Wow this game is so neato! i really recommend this game for anyone that loves rpg, just super cool.
  19. Bob
    Apr 12, 2005
    This game is the best thing that could happen.
  20. MichaelB.
    Apr 13, 2005
    Best Action/RPG since Zelda SNES, seriously!
  21. JoshB.
    Apr 18, 2005
    Kick ass metal!
  22. MattW.
    Apr 22, 2005
    This game has everything you want in an action RPG. It has one of the best stories ever written, awesome graphics, interesting characters, and awesome gameplay. Game reminds me as a combination of fable and Knights of the Old Republic. Whoever thinks that this game is better than Fable, it isnt. Controls in Fable are a lot more complex and cumbersome than jade empire. It also has no This game has everything you want in an action RPG. It has one of the best stories ever written, awesome graphics, interesting characters, and awesome gameplay. Game reminds me as a combination of fable and Knights of the Old Republic. Whoever thinks that this game is better than Fable, it isnt. Controls in Fable are a lot more complex and cumbersome than jade empire. It also has no combat depth, something that jade empire has. If you have a choice, get the limited edition copy, but if you get the regular one, you wont be dissapointed. Best RPG of 2005 Expand
  23. SteveK.
    Apr 23, 2005
    This is an amazing RPG. It's not quite the level of the first Knights of the Old Republic, because it lacks the emotional punch that KOTOR made you feel. I'm not sure what it is, but it's missing that little intangible that made KOTOR so special-- that made you lose sleep and made you rush home and wake up early just so you could play it and made you gasp aloud when the This is an amazing RPG. It's not quite the level of the first Knights of the Old Republic, because it lacks the emotional punch that KOTOR made you feel. I'm not sure what it is, but it's missing that little intangible that made KOTOR so special-- that made you lose sleep and made you rush home and wake up early just so you could play it and made you gasp aloud when the twists were unveiled. That is not to say that Jade Empire is not a very fine game with an amazing story, immersive world, and smooth and entertaining gameplay. There are definitely layers here, and anyone who gave it a bad score and isn't even close to finishing it really jumped the gun. Give the game a chance, just don't try to compare it too much to KOTOR I. Expand
  24. BernieT.
    Apr 8, 2005
    Not just the best RPG on the XBox, but one of the best RPGs ever made. Perfect, absolute perfect blend of action and RPG elements.
  25. SeanY.
    May 2, 2005
    One word.. AWESOME !!
  26. NeilV.
    Jul 6, 2005
    One of the finest RPG experiences that I've ever encountered. The only RPGs that truly captivated me like this were FF VII and the Shining Force series. The storyline is immersive and you will be one with your character. Details like the Arena really added to my enjoyment. MUST HAVE if you're an X-Box gamer who loves martial arts!
  27. LazyBonesCouchPotato
    Aug 12, 2005
    Though the actual gameplay puts it above all other rpg's for xbox, including fable, the gameplay is a little confusing. Not enough explanations. What the *bleepers* is a harmonic combo? I have just started though, maybe time will clear things up...
  28. SeanL
    Dec 23, 2009
    An absolutely beautiful game. It's a stunning achievement and my favorite game to come from Bioware.
  29. GAMERMAN800
    Dec 23, 2005
    Everything about this game is perfect, although it is a lot more fun the first time through. If they just made it longer, itwould be the perfect game. the controls were probably the best use of the xbox game controller. A must buy for anyone who loves RPGs.
  30. ChrisL.
    Apr 13, 2005
    Amazing RPG! Jade's world and story will keep you captivated even with multiple play-throughs. The combat is engaging and just plain fun (as long as you keep it on the highest difficulty). Play it and you'll realize that the world is now in balance.

#4 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005
#7 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2005

Enthralling and beautiful, Jade Empire melds adrenaline-inducing combat with a compelling RPG structure perfectly. Here's an RPG that anyone can enjoy -- Jade Empire is sheer pleasure.
  2. A near-masterpiece. Its sumptuous graphics provide enough eye candy to give your pupils diabetes and its combat system will frequently propel you into new areas just to kick the asses of a few more enemies.
  3. Only one thing stops us from awarding top honours to this game: the lack of a co-op mode, which would have been an obvious inclusion.