James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire Xbox

7.7

1. Tero
    Aug 21, 2002
    Simply sucks. The only good thing was the 'Bond theme clip' you hear when you make a Bond Move.
  2. SaifS.
    Oct 31, 2003
    The guns are good, the missions are ok, but the cars need more speed.
  3. Sungus
    May 28, 2004
    For its time, AUF is no Goldeneye, but it does have its moments. The Bond moves are a nice touch, and the gameplay is decent. What makes this game is the multiplayer. Honestly, I played Halo back in 2001 at Comdex in Vegas, and my first impression playing this game was that it was more fun than Halo. Cloaking, the Spiderman claw, jet pack, etc. Now, everyone raves about Halo, but I For its time, AUF is no Goldeneye, but it does have its moments. The Bond moves are a nice touch, and the gameplay is decent. What makes this game is the multiplayer. Honestly, I played Halo back in 2001 at Comdex in Vegas, and my first impression playing this game was that it was more fun than Halo. Cloaking, the Spiderman claw, jet pack, etc. Now, everyone raves about Halo, but I dont' see it. Average to me. To each his own I guess. Expand
  4. DanC.
    Jun 20, 2002
    The only reason this game deserved a five was the decent graphics. The controls style blew and the AI and auto aim sucked. I can't believe that this game is on XBOX and its not even close to being as good as the original bond on N64. What a dissappointment.
  5. ChrisJ.
    Jun 2, 2002
    It needs more car action.
  6. AdamN.
    Jul 17, 2002
    Missions are boring and multiplayer levels are too small. The best part of tha game iz tha trip mines and tha Q-claw. But tha mines are huge so they are easy to shoot.
    Jul 19, 2002
    Single player sucks multiplayers pretty darn good.
  8. Oct 17, 2013
    The first Bond game on two joysticks got the mechanics right. It is fluid and accurate. Other than that it doesn't bring anything new to the table. Shoot lots of bad guys who have way less health than you and use cool Bond gadgets. They stuck with the basics here.
  9. May 21, 2017
    The second best version I have played out of all three releases of this childhood game.

The graphics for the Xbox 2002 version were good and I still think it holds up. The character models still hold up in my opinion. The soundtrack is generic but I do like it. The guns look like their real life counterpart and sound accurate. The gameplay is simplistic and linear. I do love the car missions. The controls are good. Setup 2 is the best controls option.

The main flaws are that the game's story is way too short with only 12 missions and the Ai is terrible but if set to 00 Agent Difficulty it becomes really challenging. The saving grace though is by playing the game's story and achieving platnium medals when playing the missions a second time and collecting all 007 icons to unlock weapons, upgrades and skins gave the game some replay value.

The multiplayer was a great start for the first Bond Game in the 2000s. This and the gamecube version are the only ones to have bots. There was so much to customize like bots, weapon lists, rules and more.

Overall a good game.

#39 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2002
#20 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2002

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    An oppressive auto-aim system, weak enemy AI, and simplistic puzzles keep gameplay straightforward and repetitive. [Summer 2002, p.93]
  2. Game Informer
    The character models are astounding, and some of the best I've seen in this genre. [May 2002, p.87]
  3. EA redeems itself and the James Bond video-game line nicely with 007: Agent Under Fire, a good FPS game, notably in the extraordinary multi-player mode, that finally makes up for the mediocre-at-best duo of "007 Racing" and "TWINE."