James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire Xbox

7.7

1. SaifS.
    Oct 31, 2003
    The guns are good, the missions are ok, but the cars need more speed.
  2. ChrisJ.
    Jun 2, 2002
    It needs more car action.
  3. May 21, 2017
    The second best version I have played out of all three releases of this childhood game.

The graphics for the Xbox 2002 version were good and I still think it holds up. The character models still hold up in my opinion. The soundtrack is generic but I do like it. The guns look like their real life counterpart and sound accurate. The gameplay is simplistic and linear. I do love the car missions. The controls are good. Setup 2 is the best controls option.

The main flaws are that the game's story is way too short with only 12 missions and the Ai is terrible but if set to 00 Agent Difficulty it becomes really challenging. The saving grace though is by playing the game's story and achieving platnium medals when playing the missions a second time and collecting all 007 icons to unlock weapons, upgrades and skins gave the game some replay value.

The multiplayer was a great start for the first Bond Game in the 2000s. This and the gamecube version are the only ones to have bots. There was so much to customize like bots, weapon lists, rules and more.

Overall a good game.

#39 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2002
#20 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2002

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    An oppressive auto-aim system, weak enemy AI, and simplistic puzzles keep gameplay straightforward and repetitive. [Summer 2002, p.93]
  2. Game Informer
    The character models are astounding, and some of the best I've seen in this genre. [May 2002, p.87]
  3. EA redeems itself and the James Bond video-game line nicely with 007: Agent Under Fire, a good FPS game, notably in the extraordinary multi-player mode, that finally makes up for the mediocre-at-best duo of "007 Racing" and "TWINE."