Jaws Unleashed Xbox

6.2

1. IamNlCK
    Jun 25, 2006
    Kind of a half-assed game you expect from companies who acquire movie licenses. I remember playing the original on NES when I was a kid, where you have to shoot the stupid shark 5,000 times to kill it. This is a little more fun than that. Probably worth a rental....or if you find it in the $10 bin at any point.
  2. AshleyM.
    Jun 11, 2006
    this game is top really fun and bloody everything u want in a game all those critics out there your all idiots.
  3. AlexG.
    Jun 2, 2006
    Jaws unleashed is a title that makes fans cry for joy and 1st time jaws people a good 10 hours of eating people ,seals ,killer whales, and tiny fish.Yes the action may be repetative but it is worth the awesome $30 price. I mean how many games let you slice and dice people in 25 different ways?
  4. BrettH.
    May 31, 2006
    This game is awsome but it gets hard. sometimes you don't know what to do. But it is an awsome game if your looking for a game where you can eat people blow up buildings then this is the game for you!
  5. John
    May 26, 2006
    What can i add that Insomniac missed, nothing cuz this game has nothing going for it like in maybe the jewel case at most. Keep playing games that desserve it, cuz garbage is garbage and needs to be taken out weekly.
  6. Jim'llV.
    May 25, 2006
    Just to correct the previous reviewer; the camera angles can be slightly confusing sometimes, but I think that is because you are in control of a tremendously big Great White Shark!! Therefore the developers cleverly give you the option to use a first person view as well as third. I haven't played a game this enjoyable in years. Maybe the most innovative and fun game since Grand Just to correct the previous reviewer; the camera angles can be slightly confusing sometimes, but I think that is because you are in control of a tremendously big Great White Shark!! Therefore the developers cleverly give you the option to use a first person view as well as third. I haven't played a game this enjoyable in years. Maybe the most innovative and fun game since Grand Theft Auto went 3D. Sneaking up on swimmers and eating boats and tin cans gives me belly laughs as well as great entertainment. PS. the music is all there too. Expand
  7. Insomniac
    May 25, 2006
    This game has it all, Horrendous camera pronblems, graphical pop-up, lack of decent story, bad voice acting, repetitive speech and, my personal favourite, the old 'lets get stuck in bits of scenery ' routine. You cant invert the Y axis without inverting the X, and the game has you (as a shark) looking for key cards to open doors. A pathetic waste of money.

1. It's not one of those games you'll play forever, but I suspect that for many it will be one of those games that sits on the shelf so that any time you're feeling particularly evil or you've just had a bad day, you'll load it up and go eat some people.
  2. The abstruse design and technical flaws leave us cold, but the sheer potential for savage bastardry makes it undeniably fun.
  3. With the exceptions of deplorably bad cutscenes and haphazard signposting, there are few significant flaws here that a steadier gestation couldn't have resolved. [Aug 2006, p.90]