• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Feb 25, 2002
7.9

1. Rem
    Dec 14, 2014
    Growing up as a poor child with only an Xbox as a Christmas present, I didn't possess a large collection of remarkable games that I could always go back to. JSRF bucks this trend for me as it still stands as a title that oozes style rather than creativity. Now you may think that would turn it on its own head losing any sort of original concept, but the style and art design of this game isGrowing up as a poor child with only an Xbox as a Christmas present, I didn't possess a large collection of remarkable games that I could always go back to. JSRF bucks this trend for me as it still stands as a title that oozes style rather than creativity. Now you may think that would turn it on its own head losing any sort of original concept, but the style and art design of this game is supremely sublime, one of the best in gaming. The gameplay blends a roller skating mechanism that has a very competent system of tricks and bells that's primarily saved by the flashy art style. And the graffiti aspect is limited to only one trigger, but is fun enough to warrant your attention. And the soundtrack is just....listen to it. It's a mix of Japanese Pop and some artists that really compliment the neo-Tokyo totalitarian soul graffiti skater game, and I love it. Expand
  2. Oct 9, 2014
    I grew up with this game. The music, story, and graphics are steller. And the music is great.
    I recommend this game to everyone though it isn't a game for everyone.
    Hello Isle Ten.....
  3. Nov 7, 2013
    An awesome game! The character designs, and graphics in general, are amazing, the music isn't what I would listen to on a regular basis, but it is quite fitting for the game and not obnoxious, the gameplay is fun, and the different places to explore are interesting. The only really bothersome thing is that, these characters seem so fun and cool, so I am wondering why they didn't put inAn awesome game! The character designs, and graphics in general, are amazing, the music isn't what I would listen to on a regular basis, but it is quite fitting for the game and not obnoxious, the gameplay is fun, and the different places to explore are interesting. The only really bothersome thing is that, these characters seem so fun and cool, so I am wondering why they didn't put in more effort into developing their back stories, or giving them much dialogue at all. So, plot wise, it is the littlest bit lacking, but if overall story line isn't what you are looking for, at least in the character development department, this game is definitely something you should check out. Expand
  4. Jun 6, 2013
    This game absolutely bleeds style, from it's amazing and beautiful cel-shaded graphics to it's hilarious over the top characters, to its awesome soundtrack. It's gameplay is fun, like some sort of weird mix between a showoff sports game, (eg snowboarding) a racing game, and a adventure game. All of the characters look and feel very different from each other. The story is so so but oneThis game absolutely bleeds style, from it's amazing and beautiful cel-shaded graphics to it's hilarious over the top characters, to its awesome soundtrack. It's gameplay is fun, like some sort of weird mix between a showoff sports game, (eg snowboarding) a racing game, and a adventure game. All of the characters look and feel very different from each other. The story is so so but one character, aptly named DJ Professor K deserves special mention, he basically serves as a hilarious narrator, I laughed out loud several times at his awesome one liners. This game is more open worldy than it's predecessor, and it works well. It's got a lot of challenge later on especially if you want to unlock the secret characters. All in all a fantastic experience. Expand
  5. Feb 2, 2012
    It's quite telling when reviews are spread out so much- either extremely positive or extremely negative. Something to note though, is that the people who voted it low mostly didn't give the game more than a few minutes. Out of the critics, eg people who actually have (or at least, are expected to), there's not a single negative review.
    This game is one of the most outstanding and unique
    This game is one of the most outstanding and unique achievements of all time. It wont be for everybody, and is flawed in some aspects. Fortunately the outstanding parts overshadow the shortcomings parts in a big way- and for a game that took outrageous risks (the soundtrack brings together some of the weirdest and unappealing tracks ever and makes them into something absolutely incredible) pretty much all of it pays off.
    Sure, the level design can be detrimental to the fun factor, by trying to inject difficulty, and it gets a little lengthy if you don't take a decent break between sessions. But playing this through for the second time (third if you count the DC version) now, and it still holds up fantastically. Graphics, characters, style, gameplay... 10 years after release, and it still feels fresher than fresh.
  6. Jan 24, 2011
    Incredibly fun. A great sequel, to one of the most fun Dreamcast games. Few games capture the style and flare this game portrayed. Music, Graphics and fun were all there. A great game by all accounts.

1. A solid, entertaining game that delivers a high sense of speed and adrenaline.
  2. A game caught in confusion, in one aspect Smilebit have tried to speed up the gameplay and streamline it, yet in removing the time limit and cops that said immediacy is completely lost, what’s the point in whizzing around all of the levels if you have all the time in the world.
  3. A beautiful game...The problem, though, is that Smilebit is guilty of design overkill, and it negatively affects the overall experience. [Apr 2002, p.142]