• Publisher: Sega
  • Release Date: Feb 25, 2002
7.9

1. Rem
    Dec 14, 2014
    Growing up as a poor child with only an Xbox as a Christmas present, I didn't possess a large collection of remarkable games that I could always go back to. JSRF bucks this trend for me as it still stands as a title that oozes style rather than creativity. Now you may think that would turn it on its own head losing any sort of original concept, but the style and art design of this game isGrowing up as a poor child with only an Xbox as a Christmas present, I didn't possess a large collection of remarkable games that I could always go back to. JSRF bucks this trend for me as it still stands as a title that oozes style rather than creativity. Now you may think that would turn it on its own head losing any sort of original concept, but the style and art design of this game is supremely sublime, one of the best in gaming. The gameplay blends a roller skating mechanism that has a very competent system of tricks and bells that's primarily saved by the flashy art style. And the graffiti aspect is limited to only one trigger, but is fun enough to warrant your attention. And the soundtrack is just....listen to it. It's a mix of Japanese Pop and some artists that really compliment the neo-Tokyo totalitarian soul graffiti skater game, and I love it. Expand
  2. Oct 9, 2014
    I grew up with this game. The music, story, and graphics are steller. And the music is great.
    I recommend this game to everyone though it isn't a game for everyone.
    Hello Isle Ten.....
  3. Nov 7, 2013
    An awesome game! The character designs, and graphics in general, are amazing, the music isn't what I would listen to on a regular basis, but it is quite fitting for the game and not obnoxious, the gameplay is fun, and the different places to explore are interesting. The only really bothersome thing is that, these characters seem so fun and cool, so I am wondering why they didn't put inAn awesome game! The character designs, and graphics in general, are amazing, the music isn't what I would listen to on a regular basis, but it is quite fitting for the game and not obnoxious, the gameplay is fun, and the different places to explore are interesting. The only really bothersome thing is that, these characters seem so fun and cool, so I am wondering why they didn't put in more effort into developing their back stories, or giving them much dialogue at all. So, plot wise, it is the littlest bit lacking, but if overall story line isn't what you are looking for, at least in the character development department, this game is definitely something you should check out. Expand
  4. Jun 6, 2013
    This game absolutely bleeds style, from it's amazing and beautiful cel-shaded graphics to it's hilarious over the top characters, to its awesome soundtrack. It's gameplay is fun, like some sort of weird mix between a showoff sports game, (eg snowboarding) a racing game, and a adventure game. All of the characters look and feel very different from each other. The story is so so but oneThis game absolutely bleeds style, from it's amazing and beautiful cel-shaded graphics to it's hilarious over the top characters, to its awesome soundtrack. It's gameplay is fun, like some sort of weird mix between a showoff sports game, (eg snowboarding) a racing game, and a adventure game. All of the characters look and feel very different from each other. The story is so so but one character, aptly named DJ Professor K deserves special mention, he basically serves as a hilarious narrator, I laughed out loud several times at his awesome one liners. This game is more open worldy than it's predecessor, and it works well. It's got a lot of challenge later on especially if you want to unlock the secret characters. All in all a fantastic experience. Expand
  5. Feb 2, 2012
    It's quite telling when reviews are spread out so much- either extremely positive or extremely negative. Something to note though, is that the people who voted it low mostly didn't give the game more than a few minutes. Out of the critics, eg people who actually have (or at least, are expected to), there's not a single negative review.
    This game is one of the most outstanding and unique
    This game is one of the most outstanding and unique achievements of all time. It wont be for everybody, and is flawed in some aspects. Fortunately the outstanding parts overshadow the shortcomings parts in a big way- and for a game that took outrageous risks (the soundtrack brings together some of the weirdest and unappealing tracks ever and makes them into something absolutely incredible) pretty much all of it pays off.
    Sure, the level design can be detrimental to the fun factor, by trying to inject difficulty, and it gets a little lengthy if you don't take a decent break between sessions. But playing this through for the second time (third if you count the DC version) now, and it still holds up fantastically. Graphics, characters, style, gameplay... 10 years after release, and it still feels fresher than fresh.
  6. Jan 24, 2011
    Incredibly fun. A great sequel, to one of the most fun Dreamcast games. Few games capture the style and flare this game portrayed. Music, Graphics and fun were all there. A great game by all accounts.
  7. MadsC.
    Aug 20, 2007
    A great game that still holds it own 5 years after its release. The tight and very stylized cel-shaded graphics looks amazing. It is a great game of exploration. Eventhough it can get frustrating on the later levels, it makes the game that much sweeter once you know your way around.
  8. KyleH.
    May 31, 2005
    This game is the most longest game i have ever played i giv it a tem:)
  9. TaVonneW.
    Nov 28, 2004
    People dont kno how nice this game is.it talks about graffiti,has a realy big storyline environment.this game has everything that I ever wanted out of an adventure game,not all those crappy games like Timesplitters, and enter the matrix(which I both finished in less than 3 days with no cheats) that shows a crappy game.I give it 9 cause its on xbox,which has greater controls than the People dont kno how nice this game is.it talks about graffiti,has a realy big storyline environment.this game has everything that I ever wanted out of an adventure game,not all those crappy games like Timesplitters, and enter the matrix(which I both finished in less than 3 days with no cheats) that shows a crappy game.I give it 9 cause its on xbox,which has greater controls than the PS2(if they came out with it.) and the art of spray paint brings back history when cops were after people. Expand
  10. PatrickW.
    Nov 27, 2004
    I like this game !!!!! but i don't know how to get yoyo from the mummy freaks. it gets annoying.
  11. Prophecy
    Aug 14, 2004
    I really really liked it until i got to the final boss u cant sfip the long cut sceen and it is nearly impossible to beat the boss i still havent beaten him and the boss level does get anoying after a while. for the rest no one has ever made a game like this it is a classic and an interesting type of action.
  12. DevinP.
    Jun 15, 2004
    This game is cool!! The dances are sweet!!!I am a good skater too but this game made me look bad. I hope they put this on PS2.yeah!!!!!!
  13. bamwanabefox
    Mar 13, 2004
    Josh maxx im with you guys this game kick ass and the audio is tight.
  14. Josh
    Feb 24, 2004
    This game rox! its so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! this is definitley my favorite game out of every platform!
  15. Maxx
    Feb 3, 2004
    This is probably my favorite game of all time. It's original, beautiful, sonically unique and just plain fun. Unlike anything you'll play ever again.
  16. JustinM.
    Jan 18, 2004
    I hate this game. The music gets so freaking annoying I can't stand to play the game ever again. That dam music haunts my dreams!!!
  17. ArttuJ.
    Dec 21, 2003
    This game sucks. I can't understand why somebody likes this shit. Music is awful, controls bad and camera loses the moment all the time.
  18. B.H.
    Nov 25, 2003
    People like this game? I could only stand five minutes in front of the screen with this game in.
  19. GaborA.
    Nov 12, 2003
    An utter joke. Game play? Where?
  20. Pdx631
    Aug 25, 2003
    Its an awesome game!! One of te best i ever played!!!
  21. AndrewM.
    Jul 24, 2003
    What is this JSRF thing that came with my copy of Sega GT 2002?? What another game? I'll just try it out once...what? It's a freaking good game!!! The suprise packet of the xbox comunity! This game is fun to play...a little childish in parts...especially the enormous proportions given to the female characters, but none-the-less fun to play with plenty of mission and lots of game time!
  22. TravisD.
    Jul 7, 2003
    This is one of those games that should not be rated in a one sentance review. The graphics are a nice step up from it's prior game. While the cartoon cel-shading game look is now not very original, It still looks great in this game. the story line in this game is too much the same to the first...same evil man with the same grop trying to do the same thing....but i dont care too much This is one of those games that should not be rated in a one sentance review. The graphics are a nice step up from it's prior game. While the cartoon cel-shading game look is now not very original, It still looks great in this game. the story line in this game is too much the same to the first...same evil man with the same grop trying to do the same thing....but i dont care too much cause the gameplay is too good to pass up. Its great wallriding to a jump and then spraypainting something mid-air....it is very awsome....check this game OUT!!! Expand
  23. JohnG.
    Jun 27, 2003
    I'm Speech less it Rocks.
  24. Brian B.
    Jun 22, 2003
    It has a really good storyline.
  25. TerryC.
    Jun 16, 2003
    This game is insanely fun and addicting. The camera totally blows, which can also make controlling the character a little wonky. Occasionally, they try to put too many things on the screen, which can cause stuttering. It may not be insanely difficult, but it's FUN.
  26. BrianC.
    May 26, 2003
    AAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! It sucks so much! The premise, graphics, gameplay... so terrible.
  27. CoryF.
    May 20, 2003
    I love the game!!!
  28. AdamF.
    May 15, 2003
    This game is perfect.
  29. Cayman
    Mar 30, 2003
    This is one of those "you have to this extremely tricky bit right and you're going to have to do it over and over till you DO get it just right" games, thus reducing the fun when the difficulty kicks in (early) to zero. The game developers would've been better off giving you a lot more freedom to express yourself while skating. Immature characters/storyline and music don't This is one of those "you have to this extremely tricky bit right and you're going to have to do it over and over till you DO get it just right" games, thus reducing the fun when the difficulty kicks in (early) to zero. The game developers would've been better off giving you a lot more freedom to express yourself while skating. Immature characters/storyline and music don't help matters. I'd give the graphics 10/10 though. Expand
  30. ProducerD.
    Mar 4, 2003
    Great graffix, fun game. VERY annoying gameplay and player control.
  31. MylesK.
    Mar 2, 2003
    This game was a snooze fest. The graphics.... well there aren't any, and the story line makes no sence, and yeah the game play is boaring a pointless.
  32. SK8terFreak
    Feb 13, 2003
    This game is awesome I may be 10 years old but I was able to get at least 13 of the characters I love the music but it's kind of difficult right now I'm stuck on this one level and don't know where to go but it's cool! *_*
  33. AK
    Nov 17, 2002
    It's really annoyin sometimes thats y it doesn't get a ten. other than that its amazing.
  34. LuckyDog
    Oct 15, 2002
    The only problem about JSRF is the street challenge doesn't give anuff info. other than that the story's great the graphics are cool and the musics fantasic.
  35. DavidH.
    Sep 6, 2002
    Jet Set Radio Future is a magnificently styled game, which puts the emphasis on exhiliration and exploration rather than on the precision of the Tony Hawk franchise. The unique style of the game makes it worth a look for just about anyone - the music and graphic style is unequalled at the moment on any system. It's not all perfect - the camera can be annoying, there is no easy way to Jet Set Radio Future is a magnificently styled game, which puts the emphasis on exhiliration and exploration rather than on the precision of the Tony Hawk franchise. The unique style of the game makes it worth a look for just about anyone - the music and graphic style is unequalled at the moment on any system. It's not all perfect - the camera can be annoying, there is no easy way to 'quit' the game to use a different profile (unless you die), and there seems to be no way to get around the limit of three save slots. These criticisms don't exactly spoil the game, but are worth noting. If you could use the memory card, download graffiti images from your PC, and the game was a little longer and more challenging, I'd give it a 10. It won't be the best or longest game you play this year, but I guarantee you won't play anything like it. For that reason alone, along with the fact that it's simply enormous fun, you'd be mad to miss it. Expand
  36. Z
    Aug 31, 2002
    I love jsrf.
    Jul 24, 2002
    Honestly, I tried to enjoy this game and played it for hours seeing if it got any better. I ended up stopping after every 2 hrs. because the cel shading kept giving me headaches.
  38. Karb
    Apr 4, 2002
    Awesome cel rendered graphics which makes the gameplay like playing in a cartoon truly and the draw distance is great showcase of the new hardware.
  39. ElectroMixaEels
    Mar 25, 2002
    I can see why people are giving so good points and I know that this game deserves more than 2 points. The real problem lies in the gameplay- it's quite too hard. The same problems are reflected from Jet Set Radio on the Dc. The balance between the camera and movement is quite off the range. Anyway, I myself don't fancy this game, but some one else might. Im just being honest, I can see why people are giving so good points and I know that this game deserves more than 2 points. The real problem lies in the gameplay- it's quite too hard. The same problems are reflected from Jet Set Radio on the Dc. The balance between the camera and movement is quite off the range. Anyway, I myself don't fancy this game, but some one else might. Im just being honest, that's all! Expand
  40. SteveC.
    Mar 22, 2002
    I love this game. The music's as good as everyone says. I do wish it were easier to go back and replay stages from the story, especially the insanely trippy final showdown.
  41. DCfan
    Mar 22, 2002
    DC rulez!!! Not Xbox!! JSRF rulez!! But not on the Xbox!! DC 4ever!!
  42. GrannyO.
    Mar 16, 2002
    I bought this game for my grandchild and later that day we exchanged it to another game since he hated it... of course that is just his opinion.
  43. MarkH.
    Mar 13, 2002
    It's is so so so short and simple...and why is it future? This game plays like a 4 year old game. Lack of innovation!!
  44. JeffK.
    Mar 5, 2002
    This game is highly addictive. It?s just a lot of fun. My only tiny gripe is the occasional wrong camera angles. A must have.
  45. CarlosL.
    Feb 24, 2002
    Fasten your skate and jet set for this great ride!

1. A solid, entertaining game that delivers a high sense of speed and adrenaline.
  2. A game caught in confusion, in one aspect Smilebit have tried to speed up the gameplay and streamline it, yet in removing the time limit and cops that said immediacy is completely lost, what’s the point in whizzing around all of the levels if you have all the time in the world.
  3. A beautiful game...The problem, though, is that Smilebit is guilty of design overkill, and it negatively affects the overall experience. [Apr 2002, p.142]