Just Cause Xbox

7.6

1. JordanS.
    Aug 7, 2007
    Well the controls are easy to forget, you have to work so hard to keep your vehicle on the road and the camera is too annoying when your in a vehicle.
  2. DaveE.
    Oct 7, 2006
    The closest thing you'll get to GTA amongst all the clones out there. Some very original ideas, a sexy looking tropical setting, and enough action to keep any gamer satisfied, even if many may need to resort to creating there own fun. Definately one fans of this genre wouldn't wanna at least check out!
  3. KyleW.
    Oct 5, 2006
    You can't always trust your first impressions. The game crashed 17 minutes in. I was thrown backward when I approached a cliff edge on a motorcycle. You can't drown. There are too few interiors (if any). Graphics closeup are GTA-like weak, and dialog is repetitive. The framerate drops when the action kicks it up. Targeting nearby foes is a challenge when many are onscreen. Goals You can't always trust your first impressions. The game crashed 17 minutes in. I was thrown backward when I approached a cliff edge on a motorcycle. You can't drown. There are too few interiors (if any). Graphics closeup are GTA-like weak, and dialog is repetitive. The framerate drops when the action kicks it up. Targeting nearby foes is a challenge when many are onscreen. Goals often require you to kill scores of enemies. That said, it's a credit to the game I actually had a lot of fun despite the technical issues. The action is often intense and the framerate doesn't really detract. The auto-aim helps alleviate the sometimes tedious goals. The grappling hook takes some practice but opens up the gameplay considerably. Flying is easy and fun. Driving, while imprecise, is decent enough. Draw distance is great and graphics in general are well done. The music is atmospheric, edgy and cool. In general, the game creates a great setting with plenty of action to keep you interested and distracted from it's flaws. Expand
  4. AlexB.
    Sep 30, 2006
    The game is large and fun and the graphics are quite good on the Xbox. My only gripes would be the poor animations and the easy auto-target (although free aim is available) but these are minors complaints and do not detract too much from the game.
  5. JasonM.
    Sep 30, 2006
    Simply amazing.

#25 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2006

1. And the world is huge. If it was more packed with opportunities for us to use those tools and stunts, this could have been a GTA-killer.
  2. Official Xbox Magazine UK
    Juggling impossibly huge gaming areas with varied, consistent, imaginative gameplay, it has managed to create a slice of Southern American comic violence that begs to be played. [Oct 2006, p.64]
  3. One of those amazingly fun, carefree games and doesn't take itself too seriously. The action is hectic and breaks every law of physic and though the gameplay isn't that varied, it's still quite fun.