8.9

1. DaveR.
    Dec 5, 2003
    I have played both Tiger Woods 2004 and Links 2004 for the Xbox. The crown definitely goes to Links 2004 for creating a truly beautiful picturesque game that airs on the side of simulation. This game has better graphics, gameplay, audio, and computer AI. This is the hands down the best golf game on the market.
  2. BobL.
    Nov 17, 2003
    If you have xbox live then this is the game to play.Very smooth with no lag. Hopefully there will be lots of courses for download.
  3. JoeT.
    Nov 17, 2003
    This game is outstanding if you are after a golf sim. The game is well made.
  4. AlB.
    Nov 13, 2003
    I'm rather disappointed in this title, which may be due to my expectations having been too high for console golf. As a long time player of "Links" on the PC, I would simply say that the Xbox version seems to have derived more - much more, if not most - of it's heritage from EA Sports' Tiger Woods series than it has from it's own legacy. So why call it "Links" then, if I'm rather disappointed in this title, which may be due to my expectations having been too high for console golf. As a long time player of "Links" on the PC, I would simply say that the Xbox version seems to have derived more - much more, if not most - of it's heritage from EA Sports' Tiger Woods series than it has from it's own legacy. So why call it "Links" then, if it's not faithful to the franchise? Hopefully the game's only real advantage over its competition - Xbox Live / XSN Sports online play - will make up for some of the disappointment I am feeling. Expand
  5. JudeS.
    Nov 13, 2003
    This game is awesome. And it absolutely ROCKS if you have XBOX Live. In fact, it is more addictive than CRACK! I got my tail whooped tonight, but you can bet I'll be improving my skills over the next few days and weeks to come. Buy it NOW if you have XBOX Live and enjoy golf! It's a no-brainer...

1. 8 / 6 / 7 / 7 - 28 [Vol 798; 2 Apr 2004]
  2. The fact that you can hit a decent round without having to rely considerably on spin or other advanced techniques means that new 'uns to the sport can almost pick up and play Links, whereas veterans can revel in more realistic gameplay than that of the competition, and feel right at home going after the number one spot on Xbox Live, whilst handing out helpful tips and strategies to people like me.
  3. Online play affords Links players an option "Tiger" simply can't compete with. [Dec/Jan 2004, p.94]