7.5

1. JaredR.
    Aug 12, 2004
    Xbox Graphics are awful. Like ported PS2 Graphics. Gameplay is too stiff. QB can make perfect throws on the retreat. Not realistic. Running game is very stiff. Feels exactly like last year's game and the year before that. Not worth the $50 asking price at all. NFK2K5 is a far more enjoyable and realistic game. Not to mention $30 cheaper.
  2. RandyY.
    Nov 11, 2004
    Just the same as every other madden the game play sucks... if you want a real football game get espn nfl2k5... thats the best football game ever.
  3. Jcsickz
    Aug 23, 2004
    This game is pretty bad. I bought both ESPN and Madden and ESPN wins in every department. The only thing I can say that really is good about madden is the online chat lobby. Other than that, its the same boring Madden that's been out for years with some new defensive quirks that really aren't that great. What's with the graphics? After playing ESPN, Madden feels about 6 This game is pretty bad. I bought both ESPN and Madden and ESPN wins in every department. The only thing I can say that really is good about madden is the online chat lobby. Other than that, its the same boring Madden that's been out for years with some new defensive quirks that really aren't that great. What's with the graphics? After playing ESPN, Madden feels about 6 years old. NEWS FLASH EA: It's high time for a new graphics engine. The tackles are bad too. RB's sometimes just bounce off a LB and fall on the ground. You call that a tackle? I don't. If you MUST own this game, I suggest buying ESPN as well, and see for yourself. It'll only cost you $70 and you can see the truth for yourself. Expand

1. Once again, a maravel of gaming. [Sept 2004, p.84]
  2. Ultimately, Madden is a sensational game in the literal sense, delivering unparalleled replayability for those with open minds.
    The defense upgrades bring a lot of welcome strategy to the game, and the new AI is simply superb. Its amazingly deep, well thought out franchise mode is the best I've ever seen, while the basic gameplay still can't be beat.