Madden NFL 2005 Xbox

7.5

1. NeilV.
    Sep 5, 2004
    This year's graphics are slightly better and the presentation is a bit slicker. For some reason though, it just doesn't feel like enough this year. The 2K series definitely surpassed Madden this year and for less than half the price. Madden's minicamp games are much more fun than 2K's extras, including the fairly cool Crib mode, but Madden overall feels old and is not This year's graphics are slightly better and the presentation is a bit slicker. For some reason though, it just doesn't feel like enough this year. The 2K series definitely surpassed Madden this year and for less than half the price. Madden's minicamp games are much more fun than 2K's extras, including the fairly cool Crib mode, but Madden overall feels old and is not as enjoyable as ESPN NFL2K5. Collapse
    Jul 28, 2004
    ESPN is better and at a better value. Hope they do better next year.
  3. RickN.
    Aug 13, 2004
    Good game, just not as good as ESPN at any price. Would be a 9 if not for ESPN being out. The AI is smart because it cheats, the DB's glide to make up for being in the wrong position, and LB's 'rocket pack' meaning they can do 6 foot vertical leaps to grab picks. On the plus side, better franchise than ESPN.
  4. Ron
    Aug 13, 2004
    This game is ok. I LOVE NCAA COLLEGE FOOTBALL 2005. That is as close to real football as I am going to get! Madden has so many flaws in it. Next Year, I will NOT buy Madden! I won't even go into all the flaws, but I WILL be trading this in for ANYTHING.....
  5. OgreLord
    Aug 20, 2004
    Because of jagged graphics, I gave the game a 7. For $50, I give the game a 6. Get ESPN 2K5!
  6. VoodooDoll
    Aug 8, 2004
    This is the same damn game we've been playing since they made the engine on PS2 in 2000/2001. The only reason this game is getting good reviews is because of the name and publisher. I don't see how rehashing the same dead-ass PS2 graphics engine and same old presentation keep getting this franchise rave reviews. ESPN is the better game this year hands down. I don't care if This is the same damn game we've been playing since they made the engine on PS2 in 2000/2001. The only reason this game is getting good reviews is because of the name and publisher. I don't see how rehashing the same dead-ass PS2 graphics engine and same old presentation keep getting this franchise rave reviews. ESPN is the better game this year hands down. I don't care if some people are hardcore Madden freaks or not, we need to stop spending money on the same turd year after year. It is the only way this series will ever be changed. At least Sega re-did this years game completely and didn't even worry about making much profit. Shame on you again EA. Expand

1. Once again, a maravel of gaming. [Sept 2004, p.84]
  2. Ultimately, Madden is a sensational game in the literal sense, delivering unparalleled replayability for those with open minds.
    The defense upgrades bring a lot of welcome strategy to the game, and the new AI is simply superb. Its amazingly deep, well thought out franchise mode is the best I've ever seen, while the basic gameplay still can't be beat.