Major League Baseball 2K6 Xbox

5.7

1. MattB.
    Apr 10, 2006
    I did not enjoy playing this game. I am so thankful I rented this game before purchasing. Baserunning and fielding flaws are a pain to play through.
  2. MarkB.
    Jul 11, 2006
    Man, I am so darn disapointed. I REALLY wanted to play a good game, I Was so excited to mess with the swing stick and pitching interface. After 2 months, IT IS A MESS, this game caused some serious anger issues with me, lol. I cant seem to not have a in the parker 1 every 3 games, doubles that should be outs, fielding that is a joke. Times when Turbo Slows my players down, oh and dont Man, I am so darn disapointed. I REALLY wanted to play a good game, I Was so excited to mess with the swing stick and pitching interface. After 2 months, IT IS A MESS, this game caused some serious anger issues with me, lol. I cant seem to not have a in the parker 1 every 3 games, doubles that should be outs, fielding that is a joke. Times when Turbo Slows my players down, oh and dont ever use Eric Gagne against hte computer, they cant NOT get a hit. Its very wierd stuff... Not a good game, not a good attempt, not a good company. Never again will 2k6 earn my business. Expand

#14 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2006

1. As a game, MLB 2K6 feels more than competent, but it fails to excel. Much like last year's Cubs, it has its shining moments, but in the end you're left with the distinct feeling that it could have been so much more.
  2. Game Informer
    Outside of this, through its array of innovations, Major League Baseball 2K6 blows the doors off of what you could expect from a baseball game. [Apr 2006, p.116]
  3. But the thing that makes this game just pretty good and not fantastic is the faulty fielding. It's not a deal breaker, but it is noticeable and at times frustrating.