Manhunt Xbox

7.9

1. SimonT.
    Oct 4, 2004
    Creepy,sick and fun, a totally new look at gaming especially if you have the headset.
  2. BenjaminH.
    Apr 28, 2004
    I think the self-righteous people who frown on others that play this game need to give up. This isn't any more intense or gruesome than some of the horror novels or films I've read or seen (Silence of the Lambs, Kill Bill). It is that from WITHIN that corrupts, not from without. Videogames and other genres reflect what's in (and has been in)society, not vice-versa. I think the self-righteous people who frown on others that play this game need to give up. This isn't any more intense or gruesome than some of the horror novels or films I've read or seen (Silence of the Lambs, Kill Bill). It is that from WITHIN that corrupts, not from without. Videogames and other genres reflect what's in (and has been in)society, not vice-versa. Grown-ups can distinguish between cartoony videogame violence and the genuine article. If you get your kicks from condemning others and censoring what they read/watch/play, go join a book-burning festival, I'm sure you'll meet some like-minded people there :) That aside, I really enjoyed this game. It's a raw tribute to the Freudian ID and doesn't hesitate to pull punches. The controls are pretty good and the environments are really well done. It is very intense and is NOT for WUSSIES and the FAINT OF HEART. It is indeed bloody, so if you don't want BLOOD go play mario or something. The rest of us adults can enjoy Rockstar's latest offering. Expand
  3. ArielV.
    Oct 3, 2005
    Now this game has to be one of the most gory games that has actually shown this much in one game. I'm suprised that it didn't a n A rating. But by any means i have to say it's right up there with the one and only HALO 2.
  4. MikeS.
    Apr 20, 2004
    F....in crazy sh.t!! if u like hardcore violence then this is it!!!!
  5. MCNC
    Apr 20, 2004
    This game does what splinter cell should have done; simplified the stealth genre and at the same time somehow managed to make it more tense. Never have I felt like I was truly fighting for my life more in any game which preceded Rockstar North's seminal Manhunt. It does contain some questionable content, but I'll leave the complaints for that to those who care.
  6. Uter
    Apr 28, 2004
    This is one of the most violent games I've played. But it is a little repetitive. You always are sneak up on guys and kill them from behind.
  7. KurtB.
    Mar 7, 2005
    This game got boring very quickly. It boils down to: Hide in the shadows, make noise, enemy investigates, kill him. Now do this over and over. The levels all look the same. You do ocasionally get different weapons, but there's no strategy or skill here. As for the violence, most of my favorite games are M rated, but this game becomes disgusting and old very quickly.
  8. ChoppaR.
    Apr 20, 2004
    This game is so wrong!!!!! yet it feel so good!!!!!!!
  9. LamarK.
    Apr 25, 2004
    First off, this game gained my intrest ever since I WATCHED it being played on the crappy PS2. I stress watched because I would never touch such a vile and disgusting pile of technological bile of which is the PS2. Sorry, almost lost it there. This game just goes to show you why Rockstar is one of the premier developers, they continue to push the envelope by using that beautiful little First off, this game gained my intrest ever since I WATCHED it being played on the crappy PS2. I stress watched because I would never touch such a vile and disgusting pile of technological bile of which is the PS2. Sorry, almost lost it there. This game just goes to show you why Rockstar is one of the premier developers, they continue to push the envelope by using that beautiful little rating box in the lower right hand corner of your game case. They have found and intriguing little niche, by blending both stealth and survival horror into a graphical 8mm snuff film fest. As far as gameplay and control, don't look for Sam Fisher type moves but expect tight and well designed control schemes and level creativity. If you've watched the movie 8mm and the Running Man then you've got a pretty good idea what the story is about. My only quirk with the game is that their are no port improvements. There should have been some sort of "And this version has". It's like game companies know the Xbox is the superior console, but won't use it's power to the fullest extent. But anyway they'll realize the power the system has to create great games. So all you Xbox fans out there, don't let this great game slip through your fingers, in other words don't sleep on this sleeper hit. And if your wondering why I didn't give "This Great Game" a perfect 10, it's because, as we all know, the greatest game of all time is Halo! Expand
  10. KelR.
    Apr 27, 2004
    I think all of you people who enjoyed this gruesome, horrific piece of crap need to get some serious counciling. I mean I'm no angel and do enjoy some violence in games but smashing peoples skulls in and watching the blood fly onto the camera is just not right, and makes me question what kind of society we are becoming. The graphics, sound, and overall production of the game was I think all of you people who enjoyed this gruesome, horrific piece of crap need to get some serious counciling. I mean I'm no angel and do enjoy some violence in games but smashing peoples skulls in and watching the blood fly onto the camera is just not right, and makes me question what kind of society we are becoming. The graphics, sound, and overall production of the game was obviously done by professionals but I can't believe that people would actiually enjoy this kind of thing... Expand
  11. ArmandilloD.
    Sep 7, 2005
    Great fun!! But way too short... Great game for rental or buying it cheap prize...
  12. LiamP.
    Feb 22, 2007
    Manhunt is obviously a well thought out, complex survival game. But tedious repetition and limited replay value detract from the experience. The weapon system is often frustrating but there are many creative aspects to the game which should not be overlooked. Manhunt would be worth a rental except the game is too difficult to pick up and play for a few hours, but too boring to be worth owning.
  13. Aug 3, 2011
    I recently decided to play some old games, only a few from this generation I can actually still REALLY enjoy... manhunt over 7 years old at the time of this review holds up. Sure the controls are shaky that's why the new generation of consoles came out. This game is one of the best survival horror games ever, maybe the best.
  14. Feb 25, 2015
    They certainly don't make them like they used to. Ballsy story with great acting, great game play and an ever growing arsenal of weapons. One of my favorite features when I played the game on my XBOX 360 was how the director spoke to you only through headphones - just like the character in the game.

#29 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2004
#43 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2004

1. If you manage to look past the extreme gore and violence overkill, there’s a pretty good game hidden away in there.
  2. But while it does output a far greater degree of detail than the open spaces of GTA can afford, at no stage does it get anywhere near matching the accomplished environments of, say, "Splinter Cell," and its almost complete lack of narrative gives the proceedings a completely hollow feel to them.
  3. Xbox Nation Magazine