Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne Xbox

8.4

1. SimonT
    Jul 8, 2004
    Max payne has all the looks and feel of a gritty cop film and boasts the excellent 'bullet time' but falls short in length as it easily finished in a few hours. not bad could be better.
  2. NikiM.
    Dec 29, 2003
    I loved the original, an action packed game, just the right difficulty, great plot and just the right length. What do you get here? An action packed game, a litttle easier(?), a plot that's all over the place and its WAY TOO SHORT. Rockstar have created yet another stylish game that stands out with a strong story, if a little patchy, but this seemed a bit easier than the original and I loved the original, an action packed game, just the right difficulty, great plot and just the right length. What do you get here? An action packed game, a litttle easier(?), a plot that's all over the place and its WAY TOO SHORT. Rockstar have created yet another stylish game that stands out with a strong story, if a little patchy, but this seemed a bit easier than the original and definitely far too short. The level design is imaginitive but why not give us something to tax our brains a little? Payne's a detective, let us pretend we're a bit more Sherlock Holmes than John Rambo. Overall I felt really short changed by the length of this sequel. Simply not enough here to warrant buying it over the original. Expand
  3. T.U.
    Nov 25, 2003
    Shorter than I expected, you won't see too much replayability value in this game.
  4. JohnD.
    Nov 17, 2007
    An excellent game, but after a while it gets boring.
  5. BundisD.
    Jan 19, 2004
    Looks awesome, plays great, impressive and immersive plot. But... WAY too short. I finished the game in 4 days. Hardly a good value for $50. The only replay value available is to play the story again on a harder difficulty. Highly impressed with the quality of the game, but sadly disappointed in the quantity.

#20 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Overwroght melodrama and third-person-persepctive gunplay make for an excellent mix. [Mar 2004, p.81]
  2. As for its translation to Xbox, it's a revelation. Not only is it as visually faithful as anyone could reasonably expect, with no discernible compromises save for the resolution, but even the controls feel right.
  3. On the first run through, chances are you'll encounter the end credits in a mere six, possibly seven, hours. Fortunately however, this shortlived interlude will be one of the most enjoyable of your gaming life.