8.5

1. ERB
    Nov 8, 2013
    Max Payne 1 is a game that you will never forget for many years.This game has awesome actions,good voice acting,mind twisting story and it has also it's most high lighted part called the bullet time.Now the bullet times makes the whole world of Max Payne go slower so that he can easily dodge those bullets then he will kill them.You can also see those bullets that are fired o you when youMax Payne 1 is a game that you will never forget for many years.This game has awesome actions,good voice acting,mind twisting story and it has also it's most high lighted part called the bullet time.Now the bullet times makes the whole world of Max Payne go slower so that he can easily dodge those bullets then he will kill them.You can also see those bullets that are fired o you when you use bullet time.Now the adventure of Max Payne begins when one tragic night after he came from work then he went home to check on his wife and baby daughter.He heard screams from his wife and cry from his baby daughter.So he went up and saw a thug so he killed that thug.He opened the door and Max saw his baby daughter dead in her crib.He heard screams from his wife again so he ran to her room and saw another thug so he killed that thug as well.After killing that thug Max saw his wife dead in her bead.Max felt so depressed but he also swore revenge for the death of his wife and baby daughter.There the adventure of Max Payne will now begin.

Now lets talk more about the game.This game has an awesome world and the environment feels realistic I mean when you shoot at those papers or maybe shoot at those televisions they are likely to be destroyed.I like that part.The game has an mind twisting story and you will feel like that you are in Max's world.This game is awesome and this game deserves a 10/10 score from reviewer ERB.This game is a legendary game so if you want to play an awesome game that is worth your time,try buying this game now or try downloading this game now.I am telling you guys this game is a legendary game.
  2. TrentN.
    Oct 2, 2002
    I would have given it a 10 rating, but, on the game it says system link, noone seems to know how the system link works so there for, it got a 5 rating.
  3. T.T.
    Feb 21, 2002
    The story line was crappy.
  4. DrewC.
    Aug 8, 2002
    Wow. I'm really glad I rented this at Blockbuster instead of purchasing it. Based on the reviews here I would've thought that this is an action-packed, edge-of-your-seat game. Not so. After you've tired of the "bullet time" feature this game quickly loses its luster. A one-trick pony. If you're looking for a shooter just keep playing Halo instead. (is there any way to Wow. I'm really glad I rented this at Blockbuster instead of purchasing it. Based on the reviews here I would've thought that this is an action-packed, edge-of-your-seat game. Not so. After you've tired of the "bullet time" feature this game quickly loses its luster. A one-trick pony. If you're looking for a shooter just keep playing Halo instead. (is there any way to shoot *myself* when I'm playing? anything to get that cheese-filled dialogue outta my head!) Expand
  5. JasonR.
    Jul 12, 2003
    Matt O is a jackass and this game sucks.
  6. MichaelC.
    Aug 20, 2003
    Max Payne is a reasonably good third-person shooter. The gameplay is definitely there, and the graphics are pretty good. The game does get a little repetitive, but a variety of weapons to pummel enemies with helps ease that. My #1 complaint is the god-awful dialog/voice acting/story line. Hopefully this is something that they will remedy for the sequel.
  7. PhilipT.
    Apr 6, 2002
    This game is great, other than the inverted controls.
  8. EduardoP
    Sep 3, 2002
    I can't belive that somebody gave this game a three. Hahahahahaha. Anyway why would you want to shoot yourself while you are playing!?
  9. JakeL.
    Dec 30, 2001
    Visually impressive. Just as good as the PC version. Also far better than the PS2 version. It's a must have game.
  10. RasiM.
    Feb 20, 2002
    Best shooting game out.
  11. FredD
    Aug 9, 2002
    Really nice gameplay and excellent camera actions plus a believable and immersive environment ... however game is very linear and bad guys could be more inventive. Also talking inserts are too numerous.
  12. B.B.
    Feb 28, 2003
    This game was awesome. The only thing I didnt like was the comic book style parts. But the action and plot was great!!!!
  13. MattO.
    May 16, 2003
    A great game with brill graphics and easy controls. only one flaw the two levels when his drugged up and walking on a tightrope of blood. but the other levels more that make up for this.
  14. Uter
    Jan 2, 2004
    I'd give it a 10 if there was a bit more replay value. The game is fairly long (about 10 hrs), and great all the way through. I really liked the dark story line and atmosphere.
  15. Paul
    Jul 21, 2006
    Great concepts and a story line that keeps you playing. The cartoon style story telling is very well done.
  16. PerryR.
    Feb 19, 2002
    The game is great, and I cant get enough of it.
  17. KidjoM.
    May 14, 2002
    GOOD GAME!!! But not as good As Halo... I've played better, but not too many... Fun game.
  18. S.G.
    Dec 18, 2003
    Heavy game.
  19. TobyR.
    Apr 5, 2003
    His wife and child has been killed and he is not trilled. He feels pain, going insane it's time fore a bullettime action game his name is max payne. A game that rocks.
    May 13, 2003
    This game rox. The bullet time is awsome. And all those people who think it sucks....
  21. Lawyer
    Oct 25, 2005
    People who give this 0 and 2 are morons. One of the best games of all time.
  22. RobertR.
    Jan 31, 2002
    Best game on xbox.
  23. JeffK.
    Feb 26, 2002
    This is my favorite Xbox game. I?m going through it a third time. I never replay games a second time, much less a third. Plugging bad guys is too much fun. The Dolby Digital sound effects are killer.
  24. AdamN.
    Jun 25, 2002
    Carson Daly look alike with a gun. Did I mention he can dive in slow motion?
  25. JohnN.
    May 26, 2008
    My favorite game of all time. I like the thematic elements, leading to Ragnarok, and its darker view of things. Very fun, and it is in homage to a John Woo movies, with bullets everywhere.
  26. Jan 19, 2011
    Great game. The graphics and the bullet time were a breath of fresh air into action games and a very good reason to own the original xbox. This game is great.
  27. Nov 12, 2011
    I remember first playing this game on Xbox about 7-8 years ago. It was my favorite game from the first time I played it, it is still my favorite game. Everything about Sam Lake's gritty, dark story hooked me instantly, and I remember buying the sequel as soon as it came out! There is almost no other 10 year old game I would rather play, the only reason I don't play it too often is to savorI remember first playing this game on Xbox about 7-8 years ago. It was my favorite game from the first time I played it, it is still my favorite game. Everything about Sam Lake's gritty, dark story hooked me instantly, and I remember buying the sequel as soon as it came out! There is almost no other 10 year old game I would rather play, the only reason I don't play it too often is to savor those precious memories of my younger days. I even wrote a poem about Max Payne! Expand
  28. Jun 22, 2012
    Dark and gritty, this game is perfect for fans of noire cinema. Featuring a protagonist whom is powerful in all ways but still deeply flawed. The slow motion action sequences defines this series and is unique to the large variety of shooters out there.

1. In slow-motion, it’s possible to catch every white bullet trail and crimson blood spray; we’d daresay it’s violence made beautiful. [Feb 2002, p.98]
  2. The PC version's visual quality--on a suitably good PC--managed to completely live up to the very high expectations produced by the early press, and the good news is that the Xbox version essentially looks just as good.
  3. One key improvement over the PS2 version is the lack of load times. Whereas levels had to be chopped up in that version the Xbox allows them to be loaded in the same way as the PC original, virtually eliminating any load times and keeping the sense of immersion high.