8.0

Dec 13, 2002
    Awesome!!!!!
  2. MichaelC.
    Aug 20, 2003
    I liked this game a lot. Graphics, gameplay and control are all right on the mark. The campaign mode is quite fun, and the multi-player mode is even better. The arsenal of 'mechs and fully-destructible environments also help make this game great. Please tell me there's a sequel in the works...
  3. JacobK.
    Jun 8, 2004
    I like the name, it compares perfectly to the game, its a cool name, cool game. Its says "Assault", it has a lot of assault in it. It says "Mech", The wholegame is about mechs!
  4. BobC.
    Nov 11, 2002
    I've played it, it's awesome. You gotta buy this one and if you are going to get Live, this is the one everybody will be playing.
  5. Merx
    Nov 14, 2002
    Awesome!!! That pretty much sums it up. Awesome !!! I usually don't get into mech games, but this one is just great. Easy to control, incredible graphics. The sound blows me away. I woud have prefered the option of a first person view, but thats a minor complaint about a just flat out cool game. P.S. Worth buying just to blow up the buildings and step on the people. I've got issues !!
  6. JeffreyT.
    Dec 10, 2002
    Finally, a game worth playing on Xbox Live! Where Unreal Championship fell short, MechAssault excels. I was never a big fan of mech games in general, but MechAssault has made a convert of me. This game is what all 3rd person console shooters should strive for.
  7. NoahO.
    Dec 8, 2002
    Perfection!
    Feb 22, 2003
    This game is the awesome. it has good graphics and the campaign missions are actually pretty hard.
  9. EricS.
    Jul 6, 2003
    The graphics, weapons, etc. are great. But the campaign could have been better.
  10. JohnL.
    Nov 16, 2002
    Very Very Addicting! Must Have XBOX LIVE! Really nice game. Best game for LIVE right now.
  11. PhantomT.
    Feb 21, 2003
    This is a very good, addictive game. The single player missions are fun, but the real enjoyment comes with xbox live. Without Xbox Live, the game isn't very good. But with it, you and a friend can battle players from Austrailia, the U.K., Canada, and America. Although there is a lack of complexity, new download content will come out, which freshens up the game. I would reccomend this This is a very good, addictive game. The single player missions are fun, but the real enjoyment comes with xbox live. Without Xbox Live, the game isn't very good. But with it, you and a friend can battle players from Austrailia, the U.K., Canada, and America. Although there is a lack of complexity, new download content will come out, which freshens up the game. I would reccomend this game to all people who like shooters. Expand
  12. MatthewS.
    Aug 26, 2003
    I got Mech Assault the day after I got Xbox Live and ever since then it has been my favorite game on the Xbox. Actually saying that is to understate how much I like this game. Mech Assault is the best game of all time. The campaign mode takes you through widely varied missions battling other mechs and storming enemy strongholds. As much fun as the campaign is its nothing like Mech I got Mech Assault the day after I got Xbox Live and ever since then it has been my favorite game on the Xbox. Actually saying that is to understate how much I like this game. Mech Assault is the best game of all time. The campaign mode takes you through widely varied missions battling other mechs and storming enemy strongholds. As much fun as the campaign is its nothing like Mech Assault's online live play. On Xbox Live you can test your skills as a Mech Warrior against players from around the world in modes like Destruction ,Team Destruction, and Capture the Flag. You can choose from a wide variety of mechs, maps and modes right out of the box and the downloadable content adds even more fun to the Live component. Mech Assault is the best game in the Mech Warrior series and the best game of all time. Expand
  13. RonW.
    Nov 13, 2002
    Fantastic in every way. Indeed this game is the best multiplayer console game ever. Better than Halo and Goldeneye.
  14. Brian
    Dec 11, 2002
    Awesome game, even better online, but good offline as well.
  15. DanS.
    Dec 14, 2002
    This is the best hame i ever played...could it be better.....LIVE is the best time ive ever had with a xbox game...if u haven't already picked it up...DO IT NOW!
  16. Jan 25, 2014
    This game is pure mech action. The multiplayer is fun and the different mechs allow for different playstyles. Destroyable environments are a great addition. The single player is decent but the multiplayer more than makes up for it.
  17. Mar 25, 2014
    Games like these make me wonder how the gaystation 2 got ahead of the xbox when the xbox was clearly more powerfull more gamer oriented , more bad ass games and better online ifrastructure.

MechaAssault was one of the many unrecognized kick ass games that the xbox ever had, and to this day i am looking foward to a succesor.
  18. Jan 29, 2014
    This Game is great for those who want an action packed mech game. Unlike MechWarrior, there is an exclusive mech called the ragnorok . the game has a great campaign and excellent multiplayer. Oh, and there's power armor.
  19. Aug 4, 2014
    Out of all exclusive titles on the Xbox Original. This is by far my favorite out of all of them!
    MechAssault is a excellent mech simulation game with good graphics, decent soundtrack, a good plot, and amazing gameplay.
    The campaign mode is epic, but the multiplayer mode is even more epic! This game also features a great library of mechs to choose from, from light mechs to heavy mechs.
    The campaign mode is epic, but the multiplayer mode is even more epic!
    The only problem with this game for me is that on campaign mode, when you failed the objective or get killed, you have to restart from the beginning.
    Overall, excellent Xbox title, so 9 out of 10 for me.

1. A beautiful, addictive, mechanised feast of destruction, ideally suited to online gamers both new and old.
  2. It won't blow your mind, but it's a solid showcase for online console gaming. [Winter 2002, p.93]
  3. I cannot stress to how awesome this game is... It is just breath taking, and a great game to demonstrate the power of Microsoft's console, and their new online service.