MechAssault Xbox

8.0

1. Aug 4, 2014
    Out of all exclusive titles on the Xbox Original. This is by far my favorite out of all of them!
    MechAssault is a excellent mech simulation game with good graphics, decent soundtrack, a good plot, and amazing gameplay.
    The campaign mode is epic, but the multiplayer mode is even more epic! This game also features a great library of mechs to choose from, from light mechs to heavy mechs.
    The campaign mode is epic, but the multiplayer mode is even more epic!
    The only problem with this game for me is that on campaign mode, when you failed the objective or get killed, you have to restart from the beginning.
    Overall, excellent Xbox title, so 9 out of 10 for me.
  2. Mar 25, 2014
    Games like these make me wonder how the gaystation 2 got ahead of the xbox when the xbox was clearly more powerfull more gamer oriented , more bad ass games and better online ifrastructure.

MechaAssault was one of the many unrecognized kick ass games that the xbox ever had, and to this day i am looking foward to a succesor.
  3. Jan 29, 2014
    This Game is great for those who want an action packed mech game. Unlike MechWarrior, there is an exclusive mech called the ragnorok . the game has a great campaign and excellent multiplayer. Oh, and there's power armor.
  4. Jan 25, 2014
    This game is pure mech action. The multiplayer is fun and the different mechs allow for different playstyles. Destroyable environments are a great addition. The single player is decent but the multiplayer more than makes up for it.
  5. IT.
    Jan 13, 2005
    This game has a poor story line to it. however, the action makes up for it.
  6. Omega
    Aug 23, 2004
    The campaign could have been better. The campaing I feel should have been more about humans vs. U.F.O. instead of humans vs. humans; more like Halo.
  7. JacobK.
    Jun 8, 2004
    I like the name, it compares perfectly to the game, its a cool name, cool game. Its says "Assault", it has a lot of assault in it. It says "Mech", The wholegame is about mechs!
  8. Bob.B.
    Dec 29, 2003
    It's cool but is really simple, could be more advanced. Fun to blow up stuff and not all will like.
  9. GaborA.
    Nov 12, 2003
    Some games lend themselves to repetetive gameplay but this game has no excuse. Easily could have been more engaging, but was willingly made lazy.
  10. MatthewS.
    Aug 26, 2003
    I got Mech Assault the day after I got Xbox Live and ever since then it has been my favorite game on the Xbox. Actually saying that is to understate how much I like this game. Mech Assault is the best game of all time. The campaign mode takes you through widely varied missions battling other mechs and storming enemy strongholds. As much fun as the campaign is its nothing like Mech I got Mech Assault the day after I got Xbox Live and ever since then it has been my favorite game on the Xbox. Actually saying that is to understate how much I like this game. Mech Assault is the best game of all time. The campaign mode takes you through widely varied missions battling other mechs and storming enemy strongholds. As much fun as the campaign is its nothing like Mech Assault's online live play. On Xbox Live you can test your skills as a Mech Warrior against players from around the world in modes like Destruction ,Team Destruction, and Capture the Flag. You can choose from a wide variety of mechs, maps and modes right out of the box and the downloadable content adds even more fun to the Live component. Mech Assault is the best game in the Mech Warrior series and the best game of all time. Expand
  11. MichaelC.
    Aug 20, 2003
    I liked this game a lot. Graphics, gameplay and control are all right on the mark. The campaign mode is quite fun, and the multi-player mode is even better. The arsenal of 'mechs and fully-destructible environments also help make this game great. Please tell me there's a sequel in the works...
  12. EricS.
    Jul 6, 2003
    The graphics, weapons, etc. are great. But the campaign could have been better.
  13. EvanS.
    Feb 26, 2003
    Good game. Remindes me fondly of my days playing mechwarrior 2. I was somewhat disappointed that it was more of a FPS than previous mechwarrior games. All in all GOOD GAME.
    Feb 22, 2003
    This game is the awesome. it has good graphics and the campaign missions are actually pretty hard.
  15. PhantomT.
    Feb 21, 2003
    This is a very good, addictive game. The single player missions are fun, but the real enjoyment comes with xbox live. Without Xbox Live, the game isn't very good. But with it, you and a friend can battle players from Austrailia, the U.K., Canada, and America. Although there is a lack of complexity, new download content will come out, which freshens up the game. I would reccomend this This is a very good, addictive game. The single player missions are fun, but the real enjoyment comes with xbox live. Without Xbox Live, the game isn't very good. But with it, you and a friend can battle players from Austrailia, the U.K., Canada, and America. Although there is a lack of complexity, new download content will come out, which freshens up the game. I would reccomend this game to all people who like shooters. Expand
  16. R.Bradley
    Dec 30, 2002
    Easy to learn and with 5.1 surround sound that'll give your subwoofer a workout like it's never had before, this first-person-shooter-as-a-robot is instantly fun. Lack of save-on-demand makes dying late in a mission painful. As others have mentioned, lack of mech-customization options make this less enjoyable than it could have been. You'll likely find it a fun game, but Easy to learn and with 5.1 surround sound that'll give your subwoofer a workout like it's never had before, this first-person-shooter-as-a-robot is instantly fun. Lack of save-on-demand makes dying late in a mission painful. As others have mentioned, lack of mech-customization options make this less enjoyable than it could have been. You'll likely find it a fun game, but increasingly boring and repetitive after ten hours of play - but I'd still recommend it. Expand
  17. LizardKing
    Dec 13, 2002
    Awesome!!!!!
  18. Brian
    Dec 11, 2002
    Awesome game, even better online, but good offline as well.
  19. Damacles
    Dec 11, 2002
    An awesome game, but the multiplayer leves some to be desired.
  20. JeffreyT.
    Dec 10, 2002
    Finally, a game worth playing on Xbox Live! Where Unreal Championship fell short, MechAssault excels. I was never a big fan of mech games in general, but MechAssault has made a convert of me. This game is what all 3rd person console shooters should strive for.
  21. NoahO.
    Dec 8, 2002
    Perfection!
  22. Mr.Freeze
    Dec 6, 2002
    Multiplayer bites. Like a rabid wolf that hasn't eaten in a week.
  23. MarkC.
    Dec 2, 2002
    As a big fan of the PC predecessors to this game I found both a lot to love and a yearning to want MORE to love. Specifically, I think this game would get a perfect score if you it had locational damage, where you could blast a mech?s arm and corresponding weapon off, the ability to custom configure your own mech?s, more defensive systems like the AMS (anti-missile system), and better As a big fan of the PC predecessors to this game I found both a lot to love and a yearning to want MORE to love. Specifically, I think this game would get a perfect score if you it had locational damage, where you could blast a mech?s arm and corresponding weapon off, the ability to custom configure your own mech?s, more defensive systems like the AMS (anti-missile system), and better multiplayer options. It bugged me that in multiplayer you can see the mech names, but have no idea what they look like or what their capabilities are until you try them out. A more robust instant action would have been nice too. The PC versions allowed you to have computer controlled allies and more complex objectives (defend base, etc.). I also thought it was kind of silly to have the music change whenever a new threat was introduced. Kinda took the spontaneous discovery out of the equation. Expand
  24. Dan
    Nov 20, 2002
    Ugh. In order to play this game you must have broadband. What kind of crud is that?
  25. JohnL.
    Nov 16, 2002
    Very Very Addicting! Must Have XBOX LIVE! Really nice game. Best game for LIVE right now.
  26. RonW.
    Nov 13, 2002
    Fantastic in every way. Indeed this game is the best multiplayer console game ever. Better than Halo and Goldeneye.
  27. BobC.
    Nov 11, 2002
    I've played it, it's awesome. You gotta buy this one and if you are going to get Live, this is the one everybody will be playing.

#4 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2002
#11 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2002

1. A beautiful, addictive, mechanised feast of destruction, ideally suited to online gamers both new and old.
  2. Xbox Nation Magazine
    It won't blow your mind, but it's a solid showcase for online console gaming. [Winter 2002, p.93]
  3. I cannot stress to how awesome this game is... It is just breath taking, and a great game to demonstrate the power of Microsoft's console, and their new online service.