Medal of Honor Frontline Xbox

6.9

1. LazyLewis
    Jul 7, 2003
    This game had worse game play than graphics! The aiming system was shady and the dark, gloomy nature of the graphics made me feel like I had taken a trip back to the days of doom! Simply put! If you can play this game for more than an hour with out going blind! Then you already were!
  2. KyleM.
    Feb 10, 2004
    Loved every minuite of the game. The multiplayer action is the greatest.
  3. Gday1987
    Feb 19, 2003
    I think this game is great.
  4. Lt.Ripper
    Nov 15, 2003
    One of the best FPS on the xbox. The sound I think is better than Halo, and the atmosphere is brilliant. From the opening mission on Omaha Beach to the final mission where you steal the HO-IX, this game never lets up. Bloody brilliant. The missions are all nerve-racking and very exciting indeed, and very varied. The best WW2 game since MoHAA.
  5. JugsterJam
    Jan 15, 2003
    I have the pc version and this game on xbox has very bad graphics. I knew I would not get perfect graphics but when I palyed this on xbox it was awfull. Again Dark graphics and the textures look very bad. After playing two levels I reutrned this effortless port. I understand 3d graphics and animation so this tells me what they are selling. If you dont play this game you are not missing I have the pc version and this game on xbox has very bad graphics. I knew I would not get perfect graphics but when I palyed this on xbox it was awfull. Again Dark graphics and the textures look very bad. After playing two levels I reutrned this effortless port. I understand 3d graphics and animation so this tells me what they are selling. If you dont play this game you are not missing anything, wait to buy a used one for 10 dollars later on in the year. Expand
  6. MackDaddy
    Nov 6, 2004
    Very cool game, only thing wrong is the crappy controller, its impossible to accurately move and shoot they should hav made option to dumb down sensitivity. good fun though.
  7. JobA.
    Apr 29, 2006
    This game is totally amazing!Its craxy how the critics give the PS2 version better ratings just because it came out with it first and the fact that they thought the X-BOX should of done more to it and for it.Well it is the best version by far and an incredible game that I still play!!
  8. Merx
    Nov 10, 2002
    The second best FPS on Xbox. It's still no HALO, but Xbox has a limited number of FPS's. Love the gameplay, the graphics look good (not great) the sound is incredible. The opening level (storming the beaches) is nerve racking (in a good way). With a lot of really cool FPS's on the way (Unreal Champ, Jedi ll, etc) it looks to be a good year for Xbox FPS fans.. P.S. Anyone The second best FPS on Xbox. It's still no HALO, but Xbox has a limited number of FPS's. Love the gameplay, the graphics look good (not great) the sound is incredible. The opening level (storming the beaches) is nerve racking (in a good way). With a lot of really cool FPS's on the way (Unreal Champ, Jedi ll, etc) it looks to be a good year for Xbox FPS fans.. P.S. Anyone else notice that IGN and Gamespot seem to always rate Xbox games slightly lower than PS2, with no explaination. I mean it's the same game and in most cases the exact same review for both systems , just different scores at end. Expand
  9. JohnS.
    Nov 9, 2002
    This is a solid one-player FPS that showcases the graphics/sound of the Xbox -- Dutch countrsides, small european villages, docks, land invasions. Next to "Splinter Cell", "Unreal" and "Halo", you won't find more riveting graphics and character renderings. Gameplay is also good and realistic -- you never storm into a place, and must rely on strategy, sniping, and covering your AI This is a solid one-player FPS that showcases the graphics/sound of the Xbox -- Dutch countrsides, small european villages, docks, land invasions. Next to "Splinter Cell", "Unreal" and "Halo", you won't find more riveting graphics and character renderings. Gameplay is also good and realistic -- you never storm into a place, and must rely on strategy, sniping, and covering your AI teammates to complete any mission. "Normal" dificulty is very hard! Fortunately, you have easy, normal, hard to swap between. Fully customizable controls, smart AI, and a lack of FPS cliches (boss monsters, indestructible characters, run-shoot-kill-kill-kill-everything scenarios) round up a satisfying shooter that requires more brains than brawn. So, it's a slower pace than "Halo" and more rooted in reality. Expect to crawl around with a rifle more than jumping into the fray with your Thompson machine gun. Multiplayer is a welcome addition, but they should have spent more time on it. The levels and options are good, but no system link capability and no bots means 4 players is the limit. Moreover, Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch are the only game variations! How disappointing. Because of its challenge and its terrific look/gameplay/music/setting, this is a game that begs for Xbox Live, co-op, and more mutliplayer variety; I hope they build upon it in future releases. Still, its a good one-player game that compares favorably to "Timesplitters 2", which has robust multiplayer capabilities but lacks the solid one-player story, sound, textures, realism, and graphics that "MOH" excels at -- it's a better crafted game. But remember that this is a slower, more challenging game that is more solo entertainment. Expand
  10. MonsterMe!
    Dec 17, 2002
    You would think that when you shoot the enemy in the chest six or seven times, he would actually get hit. the sound drops out frequently during later levels like in hornets nest. in most levels (almost all) there is the unfortunate inability to wander off the path they have set out for you and to use your imagination on attacks. this makes it border on a first person platform game ratherYou would think that when you shoot the enemy in the chest six or seven times, he would actually get hit. the sound drops out frequently during later levels like in hornets nest. in most levels (almost all) there is the unfortunate inability to wander off the path they have set out for you and to use your imagination on attacks. this makes it border on a first person platform game rather than a shooter. it is obvious this was designed for a less powerful machine and ported over. save your money. highly repetitive, pure crap. this series impressed me on the first playstation. i feel with the power of consoles today, i have been had. Expand
  11. MichaelC.
    Oct 16, 2003
    Probably one of the most over-rated games I've ever played. Do people not understand that there's like a million FPS's for the XBox? To be fair, its a mediocre FPS and the dialogue and WWII authenticity offsets the game's blandness. Controls could be better, graphics are slightly sub-par, sound is good, gameplay is very generic. Unless you're a WWII fanatic or Probably one of the most over-rated games I've ever played. Do people not understand that there's like a million FPS's for the XBox? To be fair, its a mediocre FPS and the dialogue and WWII authenticity offsets the game's blandness. Controls could be better, graphics are slightly sub-par, sound is good, gameplay is very generic. Unless you're a WWII fanatic or don't own one of the 9,872 FPS's for XBox, pass on this one. Expand
  12. JedM.
    Feb 28, 2003
    The best war game ever! Period. Every Soldier is set up so they don't do the same things everytime, there gun can jam, they can dodge some bullets if you point at them, and will swing there gun at you if you get to close. Gets really hard the more you play and you get so much better and addicted the longer you play. I give it a 10 out of 10. Best Game Ever Made!
  13. WarrenB.
    Apr 2, 2003
    I love this FPS - playing on a 110" 16:9 projecction screen with 5.1 surround sound (and a tactile transducer -buttkicker - in my chair) is an incredible experience. Time flies....
  14. RobA.
    Apr 4, 2003
    PIECE OF CRAP! This game isn't even worth playing, the controls are hard, the objectives are pointless, and this is no where near the greatness of "Medal of Honor - Allied Assault" on PC. Don't quit your day job guys, unless it's game making.
  15. Oct 16, 2016
    Medal of Honor Frontline was a great game for it's time. Without a doubt the highlight of this game to me was it's story. A few cons I feel worth noting however, which could hamper the experience for some, are the graphics and clunky controls. To be more specific, movement and aiming can take some getting used to, especially aiming because it can prove to be woefully inaccurate at times.Medal of Honor Frontline was a great game for it's time. Without a doubt the highlight of this game to me was it's story. A few cons I feel worth noting however, which could hamper the experience for some, are the graphics and clunky controls. To be more specific, movement and aiming can take some getting used to, especially aiming because it can prove to be woefully inaccurate at times. If you can look past those faults, it's still a very enjoyable game worth giving a playthrough despite being over 10 years old. Expand

1. If you’re open-minded enough to kill low-poly Axis troops and don’t mind being led by the nose, then don’t let a clutch of angry graphics whores dissuade you: this is top fun.
  2. Xbox Nation Magazine
    Levels look dazzling, but the actual tasks you must accomplish in them are often so contrived that all the realism fades away. [Winter 2002, p.101]
  3. An amazing experience from the very start.