MotoGP 2 Xbox

• Also On: PC
8.5

1. JugsterJam
    May 13, 2003
    The graphics are worse than MOTO GP 1. I have played both one after another and its clear that this moto gp is the PS2 version. It is made so it can be taken easily on both system. You have to be blind to no see it. The main difference is that motogp 2 is blurry compare to the smooth motogp 1 xbox version. Main reason is that the textures are changed dramatically for ps2.
  2. YuriB.
    Nov 26, 2003
    First of all, the graphics on this game are incredible. Unfortunately the sound and control are way off. The controls are impossibly sluggish, making it very hard to keep the bike from weaving all over the place. This makes the bikes handle like Gold Wings, not MotoGP bikes, or even Superbikes. A real bike of this caliber handles very, very sharply, and takes VERY little time to get from First of all, the graphics on this game are incredible. Unfortunately the sound and control are way off. The controls are impossibly sluggish, making it very hard to keep the bike from weaving all over the place. This makes the bikes handle like Gold Wings, not MotoGP bikes, or even Superbikes. A real bike of this caliber handles very, very sharply, and takes VERY little time to get from full lean one direction, to full lean the other direction. The engine sound is totally wacked, as getting louder is more tied to the speed you are travelling at than engine speed. On a real bike, you hear the engine less as you go faster because the volume of the engine stays the same, and the wind noise goes way up. The engine note should also be more distinct. Also, the bikes are not tuneable enough, and it should be way easier to highside or lowside too. After all, these damn things have the sickest brakes on the planet and over 240 horsepower. Hamfisted riding should be rewarded immediately with a trip to the ground. Overall I was very disapointed because I buy racing games for realism and playability, not graphics. This is a very good "arcade" racer, but I think it fails miserably as a sim. btw-I roadrace in real life, so I have some idea of what I am talking about when it comes to "realism". Expand

#50 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Edge Magazine
    It may not re-invent the wheel, but MotoGP2 is a shiny new alloy among racing games, and builds upon the series' excellent reputation. And that should be enough to stir up Xbox live all over again. [June 2003, p.100]
  2. This feels more like MotoGP Complete than MotoGP 2. That's not to say that you won't play this for yonks and yonks. The problem is more that you may already have done.
  3. The controls are difficult to master at first - with the option of both front and rear brakes - but persistence is rewarded and within hours you will be hugging the fringe of a curve and finding the right racing line.