MotoGP 2 Xbox

• Also On: PC
8.5

1. SishS.
    Jun 16, 2005
    I love this game. I enjoy everythingn about the moto gp and its great finally a game with the proper riders. creating your own rider wih a bike its awsome attribute. I cant stop playing it. Although the game is old now I wish a 2005 version would of came out. LOve the game.
  2. YuriB.
    Nov 26, 2003
    First of all, the graphics on this game are incredible. Unfortunately the sound and control are way off. The controls are impossibly sluggish, making it very hard to keep the bike from weaving all over the place. This makes the bikes handle like Gold Wings, not MotoGP bikes, or even Superbikes. A real bike of this caliber handles very, very sharply, and takes VERY little time to get from First of all, the graphics on this game are incredible. Unfortunately the sound and control are way off. The controls are impossibly sluggish, making it very hard to keep the bike from weaving all over the place. This makes the bikes handle like Gold Wings, not MotoGP bikes, or even Superbikes. A real bike of this caliber handles very, very sharply, and takes VERY little time to get from full lean one direction, to full lean the other direction. The engine sound is totally wacked, as getting louder is more tied to the speed you are travelling at than engine speed. On a real bike, you hear the engine less as you go faster because the volume of the engine stays the same, and the wind noise goes way up. The engine note should also be more distinct. Also, the bikes are not tuneable enough, and it should be way easier to highside or lowside too. After all, these damn things have the sickest brakes on the planet and over 240 horsepower. Hamfisted riding should be rewarded immediately with a trip to the ground. Overall I was very disapointed because I buy racing games for realism and playability, not graphics. This is a very good "arcade" racer, but I think it fails miserably as a sim. btw-I roadrace in real life, so I have some idea of what I am talking about when it comes to "realism". Expand
  3. Uter
    Sep 5, 2003
    This is definitely the most fun biking game I've played. The graphics are mostly photo realistic - it reminds me of gran turismo except on bikes. It's not a big improvement over Moto GP1, but I didn't mind so much.
  4. AlB.
    Aug 2, 2003
    Having had the original Moto GP for Xbox, I knew this would be a great game. I worried some that Moto GP 2 would not progress very much from the first version, and except for the addition of more tracks, it does not. So why did I give this a big ten? ONLINE PLAY! It's fantastic stuff, to be sure... Addictive even. The offline racing versus the AI-controlled riders is, as you might Having had the original Moto GP for Xbox, I knew this would be a great game. I worried some that Moto GP 2 would not progress very much from the first version, and except for the addition of more tracks, it does not. So why did I give this a big ten? ONLINE PLAY! It's fantastic stuff, to be sure... Addictive even. The offline racing versus the AI-controlled riders is, as you might surmise, too predictable. They're too good, and too perfect. Racing live online against other human beings, however, lends itself to completely UNpredictable racing. 16 people, all accelerating towards that first sharp turn... Turn collisions on and you have a "luck of the draw" scenario - who will escape the turn unscathed? Turn them off and you can elminate any luck or deviousness - it's up to you how you want to play it. If you're a fan of racing games and you have Xbox Live but don't have this game - BUY IT NOW!! You're definitely missing out on one of the best online experiences out there... I assure you this game is worth every penny, and you will not be disappointed. Expand
  5. Napole0nB0naparte
    Jun 4, 2003
    Looks better, plays better and it seems even faster than it's predecessor. Absolutely recommended. Can't wait to get Live and try the online-stuff. Too bad I suck at this game and will probably be hugely humiliated...
  6. StaffanK.
    Jun 3, 2003
    Great game. Great graphics. Great controls. Great online Live play. Just like Moto GP1, only more features and more detailed graphics. There is only one thing that keeps me from giving it a 10 - the sound of the motorcycles is worse than in MotoGP 1. The motor sound in MotoGP1 was perfect; why change it for the worse? Otherwise, highly recommended!
  7. Quintus
    May 22, 2003
    The live integration of this game nears perfection. I don't think I have had a better online gaming experience, ever. the new tracks, the challenges, all the good stuff from mgp1 and tons of new features. this game is complete. get it now. ps. and i hate formula1 racing, too difficult. somehow, mgp makes the difficulty a real challenge, because you can be sure it's extremelyThe live integration of this game nears perfection. I don't think I have had a better online gaming experience, ever. the new tracks, the challenges, all the good stuff from mgp1 and tons of new features. this game is complete. get it now. ps. and i hate formula1 racing, too difficult. somehow, mgp makes the difficulty a real challenge, because you can be sure it's extremely hard.. and addictive. Expand
  8. JetMoto
    May 20, 2003
    Juggster , dude what are you smoking? Moto GP 1+ 2 are made only for xbox by THQ , Moto GP 1+2+3+4 for PS2 are only for PS2 made by NAMCO. C'mon you can't say you know video games if your talking smack that you dont know about. MOTO GP 2 FOR XBOX IS THE BEST YET AND THEY ARE ONLY GETTING BETTER , GREAT RACING GAME. BEING ITS XBOX LIVE COMPATIBLE IT HAS ALOT OF REPLAY VALUE. BUY Juggster , dude what are you smoking? Moto GP 1+ 2 are made only for xbox by THQ , Moto GP 1+2+3+4 for PS2 are only for PS2 made by NAMCO. C'mon you can't say you know video games if your talking smack that you dont know about. MOTO GP 2 FOR XBOX IS THE BEST YET AND THEY ARE ONLY GETTING BETTER , GREAT RACING GAME. BEING ITS XBOX LIVE COMPATIBLE IT HAS ALOT OF REPLAY VALUE. BUY THIS ONE.......... HAPPY GAMING!!! Expand
  9. JugsterJam
    May 13, 2003
    The graphics are worse than MOTO GP 1. I have played both one after another and its clear that this moto gp is the PS2 version. It is made so it can be taken easily on both system. You have to be blind to no see it. The main difference is that motogp 2 is blurry compare to the smooth motogp 1 xbox version. Main reason is that the textures are changed dramatically for ps2.

#50 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2003

1. Edge Magazine
    It may not re-invent the wheel, but MotoGP2 is a shiny new alloy among racing games, and builds upon the series' excellent reputation. And that should be enough to stir up Xbox live all over again. [June 2003, p.100]
  2. This feels more like MotoGP Complete than MotoGP 2. That's not to say that you won't play this for yonks and yonks. The problem is more that you may already have done.
  3. The controls are difficult to master at first - with the option of both front and rear brakes - but persistence is rewarded and within hours you will be hugging the fringe of a curve and finding the right racing line.