NASCAR 06: Total Team Control Xbox

5.9

1. BlueFalcon
    Sep 2, 2005
    Team control is not a feature I would have asked for in my precious nascar series. Either are most of the additions here - they are truly gratuitous. There's a new mode called 'fight for the cup' in place of career and it's ridiculous. They start you out w/ an underperforming car and some overperforming opposition. The result is several hrs of humble pie while you work Team control is not a feature I would have asked for in my precious nascar series. Either are most of the additions here - they are truly gratuitous. There's a new mode called 'fight for the cup' in place of career and it's ridiculous. They start you out w/ an underperforming car and some overperforming opposition. The result is several hrs of humble pie while you work your way up. I'm all for working your way up the ranks and having some tough opposition, but it's not cool when you can't even come close to sticking w/ the pack even when having perfect laps. Other modes have a more balanced difficulty, but fight for the cup is the most important mode and somewhat ruined. Last years version is the better game. Expand
    Sep 5, 2005
    I'm a sim racing fan, and I just have to say this game is disappointing. I love nascar sim racing, but this game is way too arcady. The total team control is great for me, because I usually race long races, but if you just like to race shorter races, there is no use for it, making no difference from last year's version.
  3. Flip
    Sep 13, 2005
    !I felt let down after realizing I'll be playing nascar thunder 2004 (a game I've bought twice sense the release two years ago. I bought 2005 the day it came out. I sold to my little brother the next day. I'm a die-hard nascar NEXTELcup fan i like busch and truck racing but I think the quality of nascar 2004 was much better with just the nextel cup not to mention a decent !I felt let down after realizing I'll be playing nascar thunder 2004 (a game I've bought twice sense the release two years ago. I bought 2005 the day it came out. I sold to my little brother the next day. I'm a die-hard nascar NEXTELcup fan i like busch and truck racing but I think the quality of nascar 2004 was much better with just the nextel cup not to mention a decent in car view witch is in 2006 this year but lacks a bit in the graphics. I'm from alabama and I go to talladega twice a year and God willing someone fome EA sports will see this, there aint nothing like drafting and the pack at talladega on sunday that may sound corny to some but common sense fella's when you go the race take in on what see on sunday and make a game. /PS with a good wide in car view!! Expand

#85 Most Discussed Xbox Game of 2005
#42 Most Shared Xbox Game of 2005

1. EA rejuvenates the genre with the brilliant execution of team play via voice recognition, and rounding it off with a solid Xbox Live support.
  2. NASCAR 06: Total Team Control isn't able to surpass the overall greatness of last year's game but with all the new additions this is one is downright enjoyable and a step in the right direction for the series.
  3. The team control aspect does get addicting and hard to put down. The fact that the game can be adjusted for each level of experience is also an added bonus.