8.5

1. GrahamD.
    Sep 30, 2006
    Not that different from last year, but changes were made in the right areas (defensive AI, roster updates, better passing) to make a great game even better. By far, 2K7 is the best basketball game ever made for the original Xbox.
  2. GrandmaMa
    Oct 9, 2006
    First off, I wish I could give two different ratings. A 9 for those who are new to the series, but a 2 for those who already own 2k6. And while the 2k series is still better than the Live series at being a more accurate, fun and realistic approach to basketball, I was really disappointed with this years go around. Not because it's a bad game by any means, but because it's nearly First off, I wish I could give two different ratings. A 9 for those who are new to the series, but a 2 for those who already own 2k6. And while the 2k series is still better than the Live series at being a more accurate, fun and realistic approach to basketball, I was really disappointed with this years go around. Not because it's a bad game by any means, but because it's nearly exactly like 2k6 in terms of the play. Whereas the xbox 360 version features new player movements, animations, etc. this one is just last years version with new rosters. If you own a 360, definitely spend the $60 to get that version, but if you're like me and stuck with the old xbox and already own 2k6 then this isn't worth your time. However, if you don't own any basketball games and are wondering between this and Live, 2k7 is where your money should go. The only thing that makes me mad are the tons of and-ones in this years version. It is impossible to block a shot without fouling the person, and 75% of the time the dude dunks it anyway. Adjusting the sliders didn't seem to help to much, either. Expand
  3. JobA.
    May 4, 2007
    This is what you call a completly solid basketball game!It is a bit similiar to nba 2k6 but good improvements have been made.The x box 360 version is clearly the winner by a mile but the regular x box version is better than any and all of the nba 2k games made before it.I give it a 9.1

1. NBA 2K7 is an awesome game and has won my heart as my favourite basketball sim.
  2. It may be true that those of you who already own last year's version may feel like you're not getting much more than a roster update and the ability to keep kicking it in the sublime 2K online world, but there's no doubt that the proof is in the pudding, and NBA 2K7 delivers a darn good time.
  3. With the Signature Style re-creating players' styles on the game, the immersive Association mode, and the nearly impeccable online play, NBA 2K7 is the sports title to get this basketball season.